August 24th 2012 Cruise to the Bahamas!!!!

Can we take part in this fish extender project? our stateroom number 6184, please let me know i will need instructions on how it all works, many thanks sarah

Sarah, you already ARE on the list. You might have missed my post answering your request. ;)
Would you please let me know ALL the names of family members in your stateroom and the ages of the kids.

Sure! Please let me know all the first names and I will put you on the list right away! :thumbsup2

great thanks Dizneeat, your help is much appreciated, There's Sarah, Tianne 21, Jacob 12
can you give me details on how it all works, i have seen it mentioned in other forums but not totally sure what we do.

great thanks Dizneeat, your help is much appreciated, There's Sarah, Tianne 21, Jacob 12
can you give me details on how it all works, i have seen it mentioned in other forums but not totally sure what we do.

No problem at all.
How it works - it is like a secret Santa kind of thing.
Outside your stateroom there will be a fish/seahorse and this is where you hang your Fish Extender (organizer with pockets - google Fish Extender and there will be loads of pictures). Everyone on the list will leave you a present either once or daily (we do daily - small gifts, but daily) and you will do the same for them. Gifts can be anything you like. We give mostly homemade gifts, but they can be something representing your home country or Disney themed or cruise themed.
Let me know if there are any other questions.

They are 3 and 8 years old.

Are you all packed? We are getting there. I am packing 3 different suitcases

1 pre cruise
2 cruise
3 post cruise

I am hoping that I won't need to be opening and hunting through mulitple suitcases on the trip. We will try to keep everything organized and ready for each leg of our journey.[

hi krazy4cruising,
thats a really good idea with packing, I'm worried I am going to over pack and not be allowed to board, haha.
we arrive in orlando on the 22nd, we decided to arrive early so not to miss boarding the ship should a flight delay occur. we are also staying til the 2nd september as it is Bank Holiday in Great Britain went we wanted to fly home and the prices were too high. so now we get extra disney days and a cheaper flight, bargain!
hope to see you on the cruise, sarah

Definitely jealous!! I've never done a back to back cruise before I want to though!!!

Jealous you start your vacation in less then 2 weeks though, 3 weeks 3 days for me :( haha!

Back to back's are very relaxing. No need to rush around and do everything on the ship.
We always travel for 4 weeks in the summer - it makes more sense with the long distance flight. :thumbsup2

Hey there!! We still don't have our cabin #. We booked at GTY stateroom and they are not going to release it until 2 weeks before the cruise. I just checked again and there is still nothing posted. We should have it by August 10th. I know it is a big job to put together the exchange and also that you are leaving soon so if the lack of a cabin number is a problem you can remove us from the list. We understand. :)

No problem! You just let me know when you got it.
It might take a day or two if we have already started travelling to update the online list and I will not be able to mark your stateroom number on the decklist, but people can always do that for themselves. ;)
If you have it by August 10 - no problem, we can always add until then.

Hi Karin,
Sorry but we haven't been allocated a stateroom number yet either, I will keep checking and let you know as soon as we do.
Also I notice you love doing back to back. It does sound wonderful - for a long cruise I can strongly recommend the 14 day transatlantic. We've done it twice and it was brilliant both times with lots of sea days.

Welcome to everyone who has just joined, can't wait to meet you all and have fun in the sun!

No problem, just let me know when you do!

As much as I would love to do a transatlantic, it is just not possible. We are stuck with my school holiday schedule and the only chance of a longer cruise so far was to go back to back (apart from Alaska, but I do not want to travel somewhere cold :laughing:)
We are doing a 14 day next summer - well again it is a back to back, but 2 weeks none the less. We are doing an Eastern and a Western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy and so looking forward to seeing new ports. :thumbsup2

What excursions is everyone doing :)?

I'm thinking of booking the Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure for the 1st time we visit Castaway Cay :) (on Saturday August 25)... anyone else doing this :)?

What excursions is everyone doing :)?

I'm thinking of booking the Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure for the 1st time we visit Castaway Cay :) (on Saturday August 25)... anyone else doing this :)?

My 2 boys, my father in law and myself will be doing this adventure on the first day at CC at 9am!

I'm trying to find new luggage (I just need a carry on that's 20" and a checked bag that's 28") that won't cost me an arm and a leg (under $200) but that's durable, sturdy and reliable... any suggestions?

I'm trying to find new luggage (I just need a carry on that's 20" and a checked bag that's 28") that won't cost me an arm and a leg (under $200) but that's durable, sturdy and reliable... any suggestions?

If you collect Airmiles you can get some awesome Heys luggage using airmiles. We got a 3 piece set of suitcases. They are light, roll in every direction and connect very easily together. Our 8 year old loves to handle our luggage for us on his own, makes him fill like a grown up. :rotfl2: The luggage is fantastic and it didn't cost us a dime!

Do you have a Costco near you? I recently bought some great Samsonite luggage from there.

Since your from Toronto, I'm not going to pretend I know what stores you have and the differences in coupons, etc. I can't imagine it would be to much different than the States, but... I can't speculate.

Regarding luggage... Socal is right... Costco is the first place I'd look (or Sam's Club, etc.) as far as Costco, they always have a Kirkland branded set for sale around $120.... or at least right around that mark.

The other option (And this is where we've gotten most of our luggage) is Kohl's. We get coupons every other week or so with "% off" variants. We try to wait until we get a 30% coupon, and then we hit up Kohl's for their luggage department. They carry some off brands, but they also carry some very good Samsonite luggage. If you play it right you can get it for 50% or more off retail.

DW and I bought a piece of luggage way back right before all the weight restrictions were put in place.... it's a monster 32 in roller... It's 21 lbs before you put anything in it!!!!!! It rarely makes the trips with us anymore, unless we're desperate, or we're cruising out of NYC.

Thank you so much for the suggestions!! I will definitely check out Costco to see if there's any deals under $200. As for Kohl's I looked on their website and even their sale prices are way to much :(. If I don't find anything at Costco then I'll go with the VIA rail one I found at Walmart!! Just hope it's good quality, I can't find any reviews online about it but I'd assume VIA would be decent quality... let's hope!!

If you collect Airmiles you can get some awesome Heys luggage using airmiles. We got a 3 piece set of suitcases. They are light, roll in every direction and connect very easily together. Our 8 year old loves to handle our luggage for us on his own, makes him fill like a grown up. :rotfl2: The luggage is fantastic and it didn't cost us a dime!

My parents have Airmiles and I can't see them giving up points to buy me a suitcase haha! But I will check out Heys luggage at Costco!!

We're recording this week's podcast on Tuesday and I'd like to give a shout out to the thread for anyone else coming on this cruise who listens to the podcast. We need an official meet up time and location though! I suggest the Bon Voyage bar, located just off the main atrium, maybe immediately following the safety drill? Thoughts?

Hi Thommy welcome to the cruise and welcome to the podcast, DW and I listen and usually a few weeks behind so have only just listened to the DTD one. Was really good to hear, I loved the wild west bar and of course the adventurers club...... went all misty eyed then. TOTALLY agree the end was when the gates came down remember one time over there with DW before we got married and the crowd was a totally different feel :confused3

We are going to try and make it over to check out the DIS welcome centre as well before or after the cruise to see what all the fuss is about, and tell Pete that we for one are supporting Shirley :goodvibes

After the cruise this time meeting up with a friend from work at City Walk and it will be my first time trying it at night.

WELCOME to everyone else, it has been a really busy thread since we last checked in!! We would love to come to the welcome meeting with our 2 well behaved (mostly :littleangel:) angels DD7 DS4. We went to one a couple of years ago and it was nice to meet everyone.

We have booked and cancelled excursions several times, can't make our minds up, likely to stay on the boat at Nassau we'll wait and see how they get on in the kids club first as well.

I am definitely going to run the castaway cay 5k on the 2nd stop I am not bothered about setting a personal best or anything if anyone else wants to trot round?

We're recording this week's podcast on Tuesday and I'd like to give a shout out to the thread for anyone else coming on this cruise who listens to the podcast. We need an official meet up time and location though! I suggest the Bon Voyage bar, located just off the main atrium, maybe immediately following the safety drill? Thoughts?

hi there we are new cruisers, how can i view the podcast please?

Hi Thommy welcome to the cruise and welcome to the podcast, DW and I listen and usually a few weeks behind so have only just listened to the DTD one. Was really good to hear, I loved the wild west bar and of course the adventurers club...... went all misty eyed then. TOTALLY agree the end was when the gates came down remember one time over there with DW before we got married and the crowd was a totally different feel :confused3

We are going to try and make it over to check out the DIS welcome centre as well before or after the cruise to see what all the fuss is about, and tell Pete that we for one are supporting Shirley :goodvibes

After the cruise this time meeting up with a friend from work at City Walk and it will be my first time trying it at night.

WELCOME to everyone else, it has been a really busy thread since we last checked in!! We would love to come to the welcome meeting with our 2 well behaved (mostly :littleangel:) angels DD7 DS4. We went to one a couple of years ago and it was nice to meet everyone.

We have booked and cancelled excursions several times, can't make our minds up, likely to stay on the boat at Nassau we'll wait and see how they get on in the kids club first as well.

I am definitely going to run the castaway cay 5k on the 2nd stop I am not bothered about setting a personal best or anything if anyone else wants to trot round?

Hi there, nice to meet you, me, my DD 21 AND DS 12 are first time cruisers and have booked a couple of excursions, jet skis at castaway and aqua adventure at nassau.
How did you find out about the 5k run, i probably will have to jog it though.
i love this forum so many useful tips, we are taking part in the FE program now, its all new to me but love making the gifts.
we too would like to attend the welcome meeting, maybe see you there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter