August 24th 2012 Cruise to the Bahamas!!!!

minnie mad mum said:
hi there we are new cruisers, how can i view the podcast please?

If you have an iPhone or iTunes on pc you can download. If you try there is a link to the podcast option on the top menu I think you can stream it or download the mp3 from there. There are several different ways now, I use iTunes though. I'll see if I can find links when on the pc tomorrow they have done quite a few show on the cruise or the Dream specifically a great listen in the run up to your cruise. They just did a great interview with the Dream's cruise director (fellow Brit so I have to say that) which gave a great insight to the running of the ship. The podcast team do a weekly show on all things theme park and Disney so great at filling a void between trips and keeping up to date with all the changes.

Hey there,
I would just like to say thanks for making us feel so welcome on here. it is difficult to talk to you all due to the time difference, but I'm glad we signed up. so many useful tips and tricks, the abbreviations keep us guessing:rotfl2:

so a bit about ourselves....
we live in Great Britain, my name is Sarah, I'm mum. DD is 21 :cheer2: and DS is 12 :cool1:
I like many on here have turned the big 4.. this year, DD celebrated her 21st too.
this trip is to celebrate pixiedust: these two milestones and our Graduations. i am currently working as a teaching assistant and training to be a teacher, whilst DD has continued from senior school, college and university on the path to being a teacher too.
my DS started senior school last september and after a stressful first year now needs a holiday.
we can't wait to cruise on the dream, we booked in April 2011 so its been along time coming.
we are flying out on the 22nd august and going to Legoland florida on the 23rd before boarding the ship on the 24th we all you lovely people.
After the cruise we are visiting, the new Harry potter land, (he is so big over here, the building they used for hogwarts is just down the road from where we live). then we are having 1 day at MK and 1 day at HS before flying home on the 1st of september, these are our favourite 2 disney parks.:thumbsup2

anyway I've probably bored you to sleep now. off to make some more FE gifts, soooo exciting. see ya real soon, sarah

minnie mad mum said:
How did you find out about the 5k run, i probably will have to jog it though.

There isn't a lot of official info the DIS just had a blog entry on it
http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/07/03/disney-cruise-lines-castaway-cay-5k/
Jogging is fine, I will otherwise I'll crack off and end up getting dehydrated and have a headache for the rest of the day or something. If the CM is there for 45 mins then I'll aim for around 40 and then get the tshirt which is what I am after but couldn't wear it unless I actually ran..... I think I read somewhere else (if not in this blog) if people turn up after the CM has left they still get the medal in their stateroom later.

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I just found the list of movies showing during this cruise:

Cars2, Muppets, People Like Us, Odd Life of Timothy Green (new Disney movie), Chimpanzee, Avengers, and Brave 3-D.

Looks like plenty of fun entertainment.

Wow...I really haven't checked in here for a while (work has been :crazy2: CRAZY :crazy2: - if it stays like this any longer, I may not survive until the 24th!). Activity sure has picked up in this thread, which is good to see. For a while there, it was only about 5 of us keeping up the conversation.

Anyway, just wanted to officially add us to the FE list befoer it was too late. I will PM you, Dizneet, with our details. This is more typical of me - waiting for the last minute for everything. Having this cruise booked almost ywo years in advance....now that was an aberration!

:hourglass Tomorrow, we turn the calendar to August. We're in the home stretch now!!! :hourglass

...back to work I go :coffee:

Hey there,
I would just like to say thanks for making us feel so welcome on here. it is difficult to talk to you all due to the time difference, but I'm glad we signed up. so many useful tips and tricks, the abbreviations keep us guessing:rotfl2:

so a bit about ourselves....
we live in Great Britain, my name is Sarah, I'm mum. DD is 21 :cheer2: and DS is 12 :cool1:
I like many on here have turned the big 4.. this year, DD celebrated her 21st too.
this trip is to celebrate pixiedust: these two milestones and our Graduations. i am currently working as a teaching assistant and training to be a teacher, whilst DD has continued from senior school, college and university on the path to being a teacher too.
my DS started senior school last september and after a stressful first year now needs a holiday.
we can't wait to cruise on the dream, we booked in April 2011 so its been along time coming.
we are flying out on the 22nd august and going to Legoland florida on the 23rd before boarding the ship on the 24th we all you lovely people.
After the cruise we are visiting, the new Harry potter land, (he is so big over here, the building they used for hogwarts is just down the road from where we live). then we are having 1 day at MK and 1 day at HS before flying home on the 1st of september, these are our favourite 2 disney parks.:thumbsup2

anyway I've probably bored you to sleep now. off to make some more FE gifts, soooo exciting. see ya real soon, sarah

Hey Sarah :)
I'm celebrating my 21st too... Exactly 1 month after we depart is my birthday... Although I know it's a month early school starts less then a week after I get back so going in September around my birthday isn't an option. On the phone they had noticed it would be my 21st birthday shortly after and put a note on my file saying that I was coming to celebrate so they (the characters I believe) will come sing to me at dinner... I actually can't wait for that haha:)!

As for Harry Potter land, your son will have a blast. I haven't been but my best friend is a HUGE fan (I swear one of the biggest fans I'vr ever met haha!) and while she was in Florida this year with her parents for Christmas they went to Harry Potter land and I swear it was the best day of her life!! She was saying how much it all looked like the actual movies and such. So your son will have a blast, I legitimately swear there is nothing that will ever top that for her haha!!

Kelsey :)

I am hoping to run the CC 5K as well. I'm not a runner nor do I normally work out! LOL I did, however, purchase an elliptical 7 weeks ago and I have used it everyday since then except 2 days! I am so proud of myself. It takes me 30 minutes to go just over 5 miles on the elliptical so I hope running the 5K won't be too much harder. I know running isn't the same as the elliptical and I'll have the heat to contend with but I have high hopes! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the suggestions!! I will definitely check out Costco to see if there's any deals under $200. As for Kohl's I looked on their website and even their sale prices are way to much :(. If I don't find anything at Costco then I'll go with the VIA rail one I found at Walmart!! Just hope it's good quality, I can't find any reviews online about it but I'd assume VIA would be decent quality... let's hope!!

I got a pink hardshell Heys set from Sam's club for our wedding cruise last year for $100. It had the rolling upright large 32" suitcase (that I used for all the wedding gear), and the rolling upright 21" carry-on with expandable zipper. They really held up to some major abuse last year too! The CM took a tight turn with the golf cart and the 32" case took a header off the cart and slid out into the road. I am happy to say, there was no noticable damage :)

It came in silver and black too, if you don't like the flashy pink :thumbsup2

Hello my name is Jamie and I have just come across the DIS boards. My family and I will be traveling on the Disney Dream on August 24. This is our first cruise and we are new to all of the exciting things that will take place. After researching I discovered the fish extender program and I thought it would be a fun adventure to partake in if it is not to late I would love to join. We don't have our stateroom number yet although I can call the travel agent tomorrow to get that information. There are four of us traveling myself, my husband John, and my children Lillian 10, and Landon 8. If it is to late I completely understand. If not I can get the room number to you asap and if possible could you please inform me of the specifics so I am prepared. Thank you very much, Jamie

I got a pink hardshell Heys set from Sam's club for our wedding cruise last year for $100. It had the rolling upright large 32" suitcase (that I used for all the wedding gear), and the rolling upright 21" carry-on with expandable zipper. They really held up to some major abuse last year too! The CM took a tight turn with the golf cart and the 32" case took a header off the cart and slid out into the road. I am happy to say, there was no noticable damage :)

It came in silver and black too, if you don't like the flashy pink :thumbsup2

Unfortunately Canada got rid of Sam's club :mad:... I was so upset when that happened! But I have heard Heys is really good so I think I will go with them :)! Thanks so much for the info I will definitely look into other places that I can find Heys luggage like Costco and such!!

Just a reminder that the cut off date for the Fish Extender gift exchange will be tomorrow at midnight!

Would the following participants please let me know their stateroom number, so we can get the deckplan finalized .....

krazy4crusing
STLUCIELADY
NoWorriesMate

Is it to late to join in on the fish extender?

Wow...I really haven't checked in here for a while (work has been :crazy2: CRAZY :crazy2: - if it stays like this any longer, I may not survive until the 24th!). Activity sure has picked up in this thread, which is good to see. For a while there, it was only about 5 of us keeping up the conversation.

Anyway, just wanted to officially add us to the FE list befoer it was too late. I will PM you, Dizneet, with our details. This is more typical of me - waiting for the last minute for everything. Having this cruise booked almost ywo years in advance....now that was an aberration!

:hourglass Tomorrow, we turn the calendar to August. We're in the home stretch now!!! :hourglass

...back to work I go :coffee:

This thread really picked up "speed" in the last few days/weeks. :goodvibes Really enjoying the chatter.
I got your PM an will add you to the FE lists right away - you really waited until the last minute. ;)

And we can finally say - We are sailing THIS month!!!!!!!!

Hello my name is Jamie and I have just come across the DIS boards. My family and I will be traveling on the Disney Dream on August 24. This is our first cruise and we are new to all of the exciting things that will take place. After researching I discovered the fish extender program and I thought it would be a fun adventure to partake in if it is not to late I would love to join. We don't have our stateroom number yet although I can call the travel agent tomorrow to get that information. There are four of us traveling myself, my husband John, and my children Lillian 10, and Landon 8. If it is to late I completely understand. If not I can get the room number to you asap and if possible could you please inform me of the specifics so I am prepared. Thank you very much, Jamie

Hi Jamie!
Welcome to the DISboards, welcome to our cruise thread and welcome to the FE exchange! :goodvibes

You are really going to enjoy DCL. There is so much to see and do that 5 days will seem to be far too short. :thumbsup2
You are right on time for the FE exchange. I added you to the lists and will be delighted to answer any questions you might have. What spacifics do you need? I guess after researching it, you know how it works and if there is something not quite clear, just let me know.
Please let me know your stateroom number once you know it, hopefully before Aug10, as we leave on vacation early on the 11th and I don't know how many chances I will get to get on the internet once we are travelling.

Is it to late to join in on the fish extender?

NO!!!!!!!! YOU ARE IN!!!!!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

FE participants list!
doodledaisy
mcd2745
minnie mad mum
Sporty
NoWorriesMate
Belleluvswdw
STLUCIELADY
krazy4crusing
dismiss
socababy
socababy's friends
michelle9343
dizneeat

:fish: FE participants list with details :fish:

Hi Jamie!
Welcome to the DISboards, welcome to our cruise thread and welcome to the FE exchange! :goodvibes

You are really going to enjoy DCL. There is so much to see and do that 5 days will seem to be far too short. :thumbsup2
You are right on time for the FE exchange. I added you to the lists and will be delighted to answer any questions you might have. What spacifics do you need? I guess after researching it, you know how it works and if there is something not quite clear, just let me know.
Please let me know your stateroom number once you know it, hopefully before Aug10, as we leave on vacation early on the 11th and I don't know how many chances I will get to get on the internet once we are travelling.

NO!!!!!!!! YOU ARE IN!!!!!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

FE participants list!
doodledaisy
mcd2745
minnie mad mum
Sporty
NoWorriesMate
Belleluvswdw
STLUCIELADY
krazy4crusing
dismiss
socababy
socababy's friends
michelle9343
dizneeat

I wish I could join the FE exchange but I just have way to much to do in the next 3 weeks I don't think I have time to plan any small gifts or anything :(

Actually you know what if it's not to late I will participate :)! I will figure something out :)!

I don't have a stateroom # yet either but I will let you know ASAP!!!

If it's too late though that's no problem!!

My name's Kelsey :)!

What kind of gifts do people usually make/give?

All kinds of gifts, Disney themed ones, cruise themed ones, there is a whole thread of homemade ones or even ones that are related to the place where people live, and most of all candy. ;)
We do homemade gifts, small ones that add up after a 5 day cruise, none the less, but we love to hand them out every day.
It is just so fun to come back to your stateroom and the FE is full of fun goodies, but we love sneaking around the ship handing our gifts out just as much. :lmao:

Actually you know what if it's not to late I will participate :)! I will figure something out :)!

I don't have a stateroom # yet either but I will let you know ASAP!!!

If it's too late though that's no problem!!

My name's Kelsey :)!

Then welcome to our FE list Kelsey!
I kind of figured that was your name from your screen name. ;)
And you are just in time. I am closing the FE lists in 13 minutes. :rotfl2:

FE participants list!
mizzkellzee
doodledaisy
mcd2745
minnie mad mum
Sporty
NoWorriesMate
Belleluvswdw
STLUCIELADY
krazy4crusing
dismiss
socababy
socababy's friends
michelle9343
dizneeat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter