August 24th 2012 Cruise to the Bahamas!!!!

Hello everyone.

We'll be joining you on the Dream 8/24. My wife and I are both 44, and our 17yo son will be sailing with us as well. We're booked in a Verandah Gty at a Cast Member/TA rate, thus we won't find out our stateroom assignment until we check-in at the port.

We're veteran cruisers (this will be cruise # 17 for me) but this is our first time on DCL.

Is there any sort of organized Meet & Greet with DCL to get together and meet everyone on the Roll Call?

My wife is worried about our son making friends early on that he will hang out with, especially since he's a year too young to join us in any of the adult venues and activities. Teen clubs are very hit and miss, he hates when they get cliquey with certain groups. He always goes the first night but doesn't usually bond with anyone for a few days. Once he finds teens he gets along with we won't see him again, but he's miserable those first few days!

Anyone have some teens with them that are big into hockey, guitar, karate, xbox, and photoshop? LOL

-Mike

Hello everyone.

We'll be joining you on the Dream 8/24. My wife and I are both 44, and our 17yo son will be sailing with us as well. We're booked in a Verandah Gty at a Cast Member/TA rate, thus we won't find out our stateroom assignment until we check-in at the port.

We're veteran cruisers (this will be cruise # 17 for me) but this is our first time on DCL.

Is there any sort of organized Meet & Greet with DCL to get together and meet everyone on the Roll Call?

My wife is worried about our son making friends early on that he will hang out with, especially since he's a year too young to join us in any of the adult venues and activities. Teen clubs are very hit and miss, he hates when they get cliquey with certain groups. He always goes the first night but doesn't usually bond with anyone for a few days. Once he finds teens he gets along with we won't see him again, but he's miserable those first few days!

Anyone have some teens with them that are big into hockey, guitar, karate, xbox, and photoshop? LOL

-Mike

Welcome Mike :)

Below is the original post from michelle9343, she's organized 2 "meet and greets" one is pre-cruise and the other is on the ship the first day :)!

Not sure about any other 17 year olds, hopefully someone else can answer that question for you :), I'm 20 and just coming by myself I'm super excited :D!!

I wanted to make an offical invit to the 2 Dis meets I have planned.
The 1st will be pre-cruise Dis-meet at DownTown Disney on Wed the 22nd. The time is still up for debate depending on when people can attend. I was thinking around 5:00 across from Gheradeli's ice cream. They have nice tables and chairs there!!
The 2nd one will be on first day of our cruise at 3:00 pm at the Vista Cafe!!
I can not wait to meet you all!!!!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hello everyone.

-Mike

Welcome Mike. I'm sure it will be fine for your son. My son is 16 although he will only be about 3 weeks away from being 17 and my daughter is only a couple of months from 15 - they are both a little nervous that they won't meet anyone - I'm willing to bet there will be a lots of teens in that age group. They are both going to go to the Vibe for the meet and greet there - probably the best opportunity to get to know others.

Debbie

Welcome Mike :)

Below is the original post from michelle9343, she's organized 2 "meet and greets" one is pre-cruise and the other is on the ship the first day :)!

Not sure about any other 17 year olds, hopefully someone else can answer that question for you :), I'm 20 and just coming by myself I'm super excited :D!!
Thanks. Is their a signup list for the embarkation day M&G?

Welcome Mike. I'm sure it will be fine for your son. My son is 16 although he will only be about 3 weeks away from being 17 and my daughter is only a couple of months from 15 - they are both a little nervous that they won't meet anyone - I'm willing to bet there will be a lots of teens in that age group. They are both going to go to the Vibe for the meet and greet there - probably the best opportunity to get to know others.

Debbie
Our fingers are crossed. His 19yo brother didn't want to join us on this cruise, thus our 17yo needs to meet some kids he relates to early on or he will be a surly SOB! He already pans to go to Vibe night one. We have late dining though, not sure if that will interfere. Hope it doesn't.

Thanks. Is their a signup list for the embarkation day M&G?

Nope we're just all meeting there... Not sure if you were on cruisecritic but I don't think Disney organizes Meet & Mingles/Meet & Greets like Royal Caribbean or any of the other cruise lines that do. We're just organizing something and all meeting there :)!

Looks like we've been assigned stateroom 6132. We'll see if it sticks!

Nope we're just all meeting there... Not sure if you were on cruisecritic but I don't think Disney organizes Meet & Mingles/Meet & Greets like Royal Caribbean or any of the other cruise lines that do. We're just organizing something and all meeting there :)!
Yeah, I've been on CC for years, but rarely post outside the roll calls due to all the drama over there.

We usually sail Norwegian, and their M&G's are phenomenal, despite being "unofficial" and self-organized by us in the Roll Call with notification to the groups coordinator. We always get a variety of officers (usually the Captain, Hotel Director, F&B Director, etc), and entertainment staff (Cruise Director, Kids Crew staff, etc) to attend.

Royal Caribbean's "official" Meet & Mingles are shallow by comparison!

Yeah, I've been on CC for years, but rarely post outside the roll calls do to all the drama over there.

We usually sail Norwegian, and their M&G's are phenomenal, despite being "unofficial" and self-organized by us in the Roll Call with notification to the groups coordinator. We always get a variety of officers (usually the Captain, Hotel Director, F&B Director, etc), and entertainment staff (Cruise Director, Kids Crew staff, etc) to attend.

Royal Caribbean's "official" Meet & Mingles are shallow by comparison!

Wow that's awesome!! Yeah I've only been to RC M&M and this past cruise on the Oasis my dad won the grand prize where we got a bottle of champagne... Funny part is he's not apart of cruise critic only my mum and I hahahahaha:rotfl2:

Wow that's awesome!! Yeah I've only been to RC M&M and this past cruise on the Oasis my dad won the grand prize where we got a bottle of champagne... Funny part is he's not apart of cruise critic only my mum and I hahahahaha:rotfl2:
I see you're from TO, we live in the Buffalo metro area, just south of the city. Hello neighbor!

We're heading up to Toronto next week (Saturday August 11th) for the day to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame and some friends in Cambridge.

I see you're from TO, we live in the Buffalo metro area, just south of the city. Hello neighbor!

We're heading up to Toronto next week (Saturday August 11th) for the day to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame and some friends in Cambridge.

Oh that's awesome!!! I actually used to go to University about a 15-20min drive north of there :).

When are you guys flying into Orlando btw?

Oh that's awesome!!! I actually used to go to University about a 15-20min drive north of there :).

When are you guys flying into Orlando btw?
We're fling into Melbourne Thursday 8/23 and returning out of Orlando late evening on 8/29.

Are you flying out of Buffalo or Toronto?

We're fling into Melbourne Thursday 8/23 and returning out of Orlando late evening on 8/29.

Are you flying out of Buffalo or Toronto?

Oh I didn't even realize there's another airport to fly into!! I'm flying out of Toronto there was 1 discount seat left on Air Canada so I snatched it!

Oh I didn't even realize there's another airport to fly into!! I'm flying out of Toronto there was 1 discount seat left on Air Canada so I snatched it!
There are actually 4 airports nearby. Orlando has the most flights by far and is what is most commonly used for Port Canaveral. Melbourne is about 15 miles closer than Orlando and a much smaller airport, though far fewer flights. The other 2 airports are about 60 miles away.

Your AC flight is probably direct. We have to connect in Charlotte both ways.

There are actually 4 airports nearby. Orlando has the most flights by far and is what is most commonly used for Port Canaveral. Melbourne is about 15 miles closer than Orlando and a much smaller airport, though far fewer flights. The other 2 airports are about 60 miles away.

Your AC flight is probably direct. We have to connect in Charlotte both ways.

Oh gotcha!! Yes it is direct, and I got it for under $500 round trip which actually isn't bad these days going from Toronto to Florida!!

I'm going on the allure in February (departing out of ft lauderdale) with my parents, my best friend and her parents and we're still waiting for the price to go down for flights as its almost $650 per person right now!!!! It's insane!!!!

Oh gotcha!! Yes it is direct, and I got it for under $500 round trip which actually isn't bad these days going from Toronto to Florida!!

I'm going on the allure in February (departing out of ft lauderdale) with my parents, my best friend and her parents and we're still waiting for the price to go down for flights as its almost $650 per person right now!!!! It's insane!!!!
I've sailed the Oasis and was just on the Allure for a ship inspection in April. They're awesome ships!

I've sailed the Oasis and was just on the Allure for a ship inspection in April. They're awesome ships!

Yeah I was on the Oasis this past February with my parents, by far the best trip I've ever been on!! Cannot wait for this upcoming February!!

I can't wait for 3 more weeks too!! This will be the first time I'm traveling by myself, definitely going to give my mother a heart attack haha!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter