*August Holidays - Anyone Fancy a 'Meet'*

Meet List

Rose & Crown, Epcot, 18th Aug, 4pm

mandymouse (Mandy & hubby Paul) ~ look out for my pink cowboy hat
Shazzie B (Sharon & family)
Disney Jo (Jo & family)
lonegungal17(Mel & family) ~ look out for the Stitch bag
allenclan (Helen, David, Mark, Leah & David's parents)
stephensmum (Sharon, Norman & Stephen)
jen_uk (Jen & hubby)

Margaritaville, Citywalk, 29th Aug, 4pm

mandymouse (Mandy & hubby Paul)
tony64 & Latte Lover (Tony & Theresa)
jjk (Rachel & family)

Hi Mandy
Looking like a round of drinks will be cheap enough at Jimmy Buffets.;)

Hi Mandy
Looking like a round of drinks will be cheap enough at Jimmy Buffets.;)

We'll just have to have a drink for all those that couldn't make it ~ I'm glad I won't have too far to stagger back to our hotel :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

**For everyone flying out over the next few days, I hope you have an uneventful flight, a great holiday and I look forward to seeing you in Epcot or Citywalk**

Just a quick 'bye' as we'll be heading up to Manchester tonight and getting our flight tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone who is heading out over the next week or so has a great flight and holiday, and I look forward to seeing you all at our 'Meets'

See you soon :wave:

Did we miss you all at EPCOT Rose & Crown meet ?.....only 4 turned up :sad1:

I wore a DISUnplugged T-shirt, had a look inside the pub, and met fellow DISers outside, tracycooper, lonegungal17 and I think the other family was DisneyJo
We waited outside until 5pm, hoping to meet more DIS'ers :confused3

Hey Diswolves
It was great to meet you & your family :) & lonegungal & Disney Jo :)
Hope you had a fab trip :)
I'm wondering where eveyone was too!!!

welcome home DisneyJo :)
I'm so depressed now :(
hope you had a fab trip!

Hi, we turned up but did'nt get till 5, you must be quick drinkers! Couldn't find you, still Norman enjoyed a drink there.
Mandy, saw you as Everest Expedition pulled out at Ak that morning.

At Palm Trees Lounge at the moment as we have a 8 hour delay. Which is good compared to our journey here, we were on the go 24 hours. Monarch & Thomas Cook have treated us dreadfully. On arrival at Newcastle check in desk we were told of a 50 min delay, given a 4 pounds refreshment voucher & a letter. On reading letter found we had to stop at Gatwick & Canada & wouldn't get to Florida until 7.30pm, then began the most awful journey as we were left on tarmac at Gatwick for 3 hours (should have been 1) with no airconditioning, our televisions didn't work & did'nt arrive until 10pm, our town car was waiting for us & we got to our hotel quite quickly but due to a mix up there we were separated from our luggage & people from the coach transfers had arrived & were being taken to their rooms while we waited, every time I complianed i was told to be patient. Got to our room when a kind porter took pity on us & found our luggage there, normally this would not have upset us but due to the stress & tiredness of the journey we were quite besides ourselves. So this delay is easey peasey compared to the one out here. Sorry for going on but it has made me feel better to get it off my chest.

At Palm Trees Lounge at the moment as we have a 8 hour delay. Which is good compared to our journey here, we were on the go 24 hours. Monarch & Thomas Cook have treated us dreadfully. On arrival at Newcastle check in desk we were told of a 50 min delay, given a 4 pounds refreshment voucher & a letter. On reading letter found we had to stop at Gatwick & Canada & wouldn't get to Florida until 7.30pm, then began the most awful journey as we were left on tarmac at Gatwick for 3 hours (should have been 1) with no airconditioning, our televisions didn't work & did'nt arrive until 10pm, our town car was waiting for us & we got to our hotel quite quickly but due to a mix up there we were separated from our luggage & people from the coach transfers had arrived & were being taken to their rooms while we waited, every time I complianed i was told to be patient. Got to our room when a kind porter took pity on us & found our luggage there, normally this would not have upset us but due to the stress & tiredness of the journey we were quite besides ourselves. So this delay is easey peasey compared to the one out here. Sorry for going on but it has made me feel better to get it off my chest.

I'm almost haveing Déja vu here. I am a fellow Monarch 'flyer' if you could call it that. How they ever got the title of airline is beyond me. Our ordeal is far too long to describe in full but I'll have to outline the details to you.
We were due to fly at 7.30am on the 14th August, which fast became 12.30pm with no explanation and a £4 voucher each. It then became 2.30pm. It then disappeared from the Departures board. We were told nothing by the reps until eventually it was found out we would be staying at a nearby hotel and flying out at 9.30am the next day.
When we got on the coaches, letters were handed out saying that the plane was too small to make the whole trip so we would be stopping to refuel in Gander, Canada on an almost 11 hour flight and there would be no Premium cabin on board.
Our flight to Gander involved a bowl of cornflakes, a Nutrigrain bar and a tiny muffin. Upon touchdown there it was revealed that there were no hot meals on board and so the cabin crew would be providing us with a free drink and a free item off the 'snack' cart.
When we finally arrived in Orlando a day and a half late, the luggage took almost 2 hours to get off the plane and so we arrived at our hotel at about 7pm on the Friday, exhausted and thoroughly annoyed.
I think it's safe to say that the 330 people on board that flight would never choose to 'fly' with Monarch again.

Here is the pic we took at the Epcot meet :)
Diswolves is on the left, lonegungal 2nd in from right & DisneyJo 3rd from left (at back) Me in the middle wearing brown top!!
florida2008198.jpg
[/IMG]

And also a couple of the view through the window in the Rose & Crown while we waited!! Just like being in the 'real' UK!!!

florida2008196.jpg
[/IMG]

florida2008197.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry we couldn't make it. DS was taken ill on Spaceship Earth. Won't go in to detail but when we got off it's the fastest I've ever seen him move! Fortunately all the hotel shops stock Imodium.

Hope you all had a great time-didn't it rain!!!

Here is the pic we took at the Epcot meet :)
Diswolves is on the left, lonegungal 2nd in from right & DisneyJo 3rd from left (at back) Me in the middle wearing brown top!!
florida2008198.jpg

Great piccie Tracey. Sorry I didn't make it, I hope those of you that made it had a good time. We were caught short in the DHS car park in the downpour with nowhere to shelter. We only went there to see the parade. We were drenched through by the time we got there, then the parade was running late (due to the rain), so by the time we got back to the CBR to get changed it was already 4.30pm

I did get to the Margaritaville meet last Friday with Tony & Theresa and Rachel and their families. It was boiling hot and we had a lovely time

I'll post some pics once they're downloaded

I hope you all had a great holiday and that Troical Storm Fay didn't 'dampen' your trip :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter