*August Holidays - Anyone Fancy a 'Meet'*

I'm almost haveing Déja vu here. I am a fellow Monarch 'flyer' if you could call it that. How they ever got the title of airline is beyond me. Our ordeal is far too long to describe in full but I'll have to outline the details to you.
We were due to fly at 7.30am on the 14th August, which fast became 12.30pm with no explanation and a £4 voucher each. It then became 2.30pm. It then disappeared from the Departures board. We were told nothing by the reps until eventually it was found out we would be staying at a nearby hotel and flying out at 9.30am the next day.
When we got on the coaches, letters were handed out saying that the plane was too small to make the whole trip so we would be stopping to refuel in Gander, Canada on an almost 11 hour flight and there would be no Premium cabin on board.
Our flight to Gander involved a bowl of cornflakes, a Nutrigrain bar and a tiny muffin. Upon touchdown there it was revealed that there were no hot meals on board and so the cabin crew would be providing us with a free drink and a free item off the 'snack' cart.
When we finally arrived in Orlando a day and a half late, the luggage took almost 2 hours to get off the plane and so we arrived at our hotel at about 7pm on the Friday, exhausted and thoroughly annoyed.
I think it's safe to say that the 330 people on board that flight would never choose to 'fly' with Monarch again.
I can't believe it happened to you too, I know delays happen to all company's, but the way we were treated was beyond belief. Most people didn't read their letter until they got through & then no information was given. I did see the T Cook rep who was totally unhelpful. Our 50 mins became 3 hours without info & then we had to stop at Gatwick & Canada. They changed crew at Gatwick & we had to sit with no air conditioning for 3 hours. Of course they could have changed crew first & then come to Newcastle, I would have much rather have stayed at the airport, but know doubt that was a cheaper option for them. We ended up 16 hours on the plane & travelling for 24. The 10 hour delay on the way back seemed luxury compared to the journey out. I am going to write to both T Cook & Monarch but no compensation or apologies can make up for the exhaustion that ruined our first couple of days. Anyone know of a good site that can help me set out my complaints?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter