Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

I just looked at my 2014 Annual Dues statement and it is missing the Developer Credit (for those who purchased before July 27, 2011). It showed up last year on a separate line as a subtraction. I can't call in until tomorrow when Member Accounting is open. Any one else have this issue?

I called and DVC mailed me a statement. The total does include the developer credit. The printed statement shows the detail lines. Online, the statement does not have the detailed lines for the developer credit, and the subtotal is wrong. However, the overall dollar amount is correct.

I emailed them to encourage them to fix it. They need to be better at technology if they want us to not require them to mail us documents.

I called and DVC mailed me a statement. The total does include the developer credit. The printed statement shows the detail lines. Online, the statement does not have the detailed lines for the developer credit, and the subtotal is wrong. However, the overall dollar amount is correct.

I emailed them to encourage them to fix it. They need to be better at technology if they want us to not require them to mail us documents.

And I should add that the first document they sent me where she diligently highlighted in green the credits was actually last year's dues statement, not the current one.

Hello fellow owners! Just had a wonderful first long vacation at the resort. Love it! Can't wait to go back next year.

Hi all! Last night my DH agreed to a May Aulani trip. :cool1: I had no idea he would even considering it, so I haven't researched much yet. I am making my way through a few threads now, but I have a few quick questions. If this isn't the right place to ask, please point me in the right direction. :)

If we rent points from a DVC member, will we get free parking for the length of our stay? Or will we need to pay $35 a day (which would unfortunately be $350)?

Renting points would entitle us to all of the regular free activities listed on the Disney Aulani website, correct (i.e. Aunty's, beach activities, walking tours, Starlit Hui, movies, etc.)?

It sounds like many meals (and premium experiences at Aunty's) need to be booked well in advance of your stay. Can you do this online (once you have a reservation), or do you need to call to book? (Disney has had me so trained on MDE for all of our recent trips to the World, that now I am all confused, lol.)

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Leilanie94, I'm assuming you're an Aulani owner posting on this thread. Did you need to use the 11 month window for your dates in April? I'm curious because those are the dates that I'm looking at in the next few years and I'm not an Aulani owner so I would need to book at 7 months out.

Anybody looking for space between Xmas 2015 and NYE 2016, I just canceled a 1BR Island/Garden view for Dec 26-Jan 2 (7 nts), to move the booking to August instead.

If we rent points from a DVC member, will we get free parking for the length of our stay? Or will we need to pay $35 a day (which would unfortunately be $350)?
You will need to pay $35 per day. Free parking is only for DVC members -- not renters.

You will need to pay $35 per day. Free parking is only for DVC members -- not renters.

I'm so confused. In some threads folks claim that even if you are renting points, they do not charge parking. Then there are a few who say this is not the case. Which is it? I'm renting points through David's.

We are heading 'Home' for 6 nights at the end of October after a 10 night DL vacation on our way back to Australia. I can't wait to be back at Aulani, we got the 1 bedroom villa, so I am looking forward to using the kitchen and also celebrating my daughters birthday there!

Leilanie94, I'm assuming you're an Aulani owner posting on this thread. Did you need to use the 11 month window for your dates in April? I'm curious because those are the dates that I'm looking at in the next few years and I'm not an Aulani owner so I would need to book at 7 months out.

I think it would depend on the view you are after - the Standard View rooms seem to get snapped up first. DVC login now has a new resort availability tool so you can see months ahead availability at all the resorts. I found this tool handy when I was stalking for the Grand Cal.

Would like to go Christmas 2015. How quickly will it sell out? Need 2 bdrm:)

The sooner you book the better - Lots of families find Xmas in paradise very ideal and many would book at the 11mth mark to guarantee their stay!

Same question here from a new owner. How about 1br? Which views book up first?
11mo window opening very soon!

I'd recommend that you book as soon as your window opens for Xmas, the resort is always full capacity over Xmas - Standard View rooms go first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter