Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

I'm so confused. In some threads folks claim that even if you are renting points, they do not charge parking. Then there are a few who say this is not the case. Which is it? I'm renting points through David's.
You will NOT have to pay for parking. Anyone staying on points gets free parking.

We are heading 'Home' for 6 nights at the end of October after a 10 night DL vacation on our way back to Australia. I can't wait to be back at Aulani, we got the 1 bedroom villa, so I am looking forward to using the kitchen and also celebrating my daughters birthday there!
DW and I will be there October 22-28. Sounds like the same time as you will be there!!!

I'd recommend that you book as soon as your window opens for Xmas, the resort is always full capacity over Xmas - Standard View rooms go first.
Yep, I booked at the 11mo window, even walked the ressie. But then looked at actual airfares, and YIKES! Decided to save $3000 in airfare (4 pax) and changed plans to August.

Xmas availability is very tight now, probably not anything likely to be left at 7 month window for non-home resort bookings.

Yeh true. I recommend going off peak if you can. I have never been in peak periods but know from trip advisor reviews, it doesn't sound as pleasant to be there, fighting over pool chairs and aunty's beach house programs and what not, sounds hectic!

Leilanie94, I'm assuming you're an Aulani owner posting on this thread. Did you need to use the 11 month window for your dates in April? I'm curious because those are the dates that I'm looking at in the next few years and I'm not an Aulani owner so I would need to book at 7 months out.

Hi huggybuff,
Yes, I am an Aulani owner. We were lucky....my husband booked our April weekend stay in January 2015. We are celebrating my birthday and our anniversary. Good luck with your dates!

Can anyone tell me how much the resort transient accommodations tax is? Trying to put our budget together and can't find an amount. We're stay there for a week in June.

Thanks

You will NOT have to pay for parking. Anyone staying on points gets free parking.

The Aulani Guest Services web site says that DVC Members staying on points get free parking. I took that to mean you would have to show your member card to get free parking. Guests staying on points don't receive other DVC discounts, so it would seem this should be the same. perhaps they only care if the reservation was booked on points regardless of whether the guest is the DVC member. I will know in a few weeks, if they ask for my member card. (I am a member)

If you're using points to stay, your room key will have parking programmed into it, you will not need your DVC card for that. You will need the DVc card for discounts at the gift shop and food etc.

Is there a link to Aulani restaurant menus with prices?? Trying to start planning spending budget for our trip. What other incidentals should I included in my budget?:confused3TIA

Just found this thread...Have been owners since 2012 but have not yet been "home". Looking forward to reading up on all the fun going on over in Hawaii!

DH and I visited for this first time in January. Before we left, we were owners. Yea!
We plan to be back home April 2016.

Anyone going to Aulani for Halloween this year? We will be there, we had a great time in 2013 with their Halloween Party and Pumpkin Carving and crafts, I think its a great reason to visit as that time of year!

Does anyone know if the coffee pots in the villas use basket filters or cone filters? We are hoping to bring some supplies from home for our trip.

Looking forward to our second trip home in April 2016. We plan to bring DH's parents as they have never been to Hawaii.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter