Bay Lake which view is this?

It is lake view. Can you see the lagoon when you look left?

Most of the rooms in BLT are this category.

Or TPV?

Last edited:

IMG_2170.jpeg

This was Lake View category when we stayed in late 2022.

It’s the view I wish I had right now . . . :sad1:

I would say it’s on the border of lake view. I had a lake view that was probably one room to the left of that view, looking a little more straight out at the CR marina.

All the rooms east of the foot bridge can see Bay Lake, right?

IMG_0712.jpeg

The standard view at BLT is looking at parking lots or garbage holds from lower floors.

We are 9th floor. We’re only here a couple of days in a studio, and it’s not a big point difference, but IMO it shouldn’t be a lake view if I can’t see the lake from inside the room. I am impressed at the room being in very nice shape. Will all the talk about an upcoming refurb, I didn’t expect it to be so nice.

All of the interior rooms are lake view as well. Some of them aren’t getting a full view either.

Basically the way BLT works is a small portion of rooms have Theme Park View, a small portion of rooms have Standard View, and the majority are in Lake View.

Standard View is WDW speak for rooms with less than desirable view. Normally these overlook parking lots, rooftops and staging areas. Anything above the no frills views is generally an upcharge in dollars or points. Basically you are paying to ensure what you don’t get.

That's a lakeview room. The views are not based on what you can see from inside the room nor have I found many or any hotels that base it only on what you see from inside unless they have no balcony or they are selling you a direct ocean view. I'd have to guess if you sat on the sofa arm you'd see the lake from inside. That's the way it is for some of the TPV rooms. You need to be out on the balcony to see MK.

Another thing with DVC is how home priority and 7 month trading function. BWV like BLT have a large ratio of mid-tier rooms, and that’s generally what is left for trading. Trading often comes with a compromise and this is why people choose to pay extra for home priority so they have the best chance at those harder or higher demand rooms. Like trading into RIV often means taking preferred view, when standard is commonly regarded as a better value so it fills during home priority. BLT Lake View has strong 7 month availability at a park adjacent resort that’s less expensive than its MK neighbors.

Resorts like Poly and VGF have standard views that are better than DVC average due to the resort layouts themselves and have higher point costs to start.

That's a lakeview room. The views are not based on what you can see from inside the room nor have I found many or any hotels that base it only on what you see from inside unless they have no balcony or they are selling you a direct ocean view. I'd have to guess if you sat on the sofa arm you'd see the lake from inside. That's the way it is for some of the TPV rooms. You need to be out on the balcony to see MK.
This is true when we visit Wildwood. There are many Ocean View options where you can see the ocean at an angle from your balcony. If you want full-on view of the ocean you must book Ocean Front and those are much less common.

I had a problem with this when we went once. I asked for a lake view, and when looking out my window, I could see no lake. I had to walk out to my balcony to see it. I agree that it's a lake view, but it shouldn't be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter