Bay Lake which view is this?

I guess they could make a fourth class of rooms at BLT between SV and LV...sort of a Standard View Plus.

Of course then, if I book a LV, I want to be able to see Bay Lake even if I'm sitting on the toilet.

I guess they could make a fourth class of rooms at BLT between SV and LV...sort of a Standard View Plus.

Of course then, if I book a LV, I want to be able to see Bay Lake even if I'm sitting on the toilet.

I know this wouldn't work at BLT and a lot of other resorts, but this is absolutely the case at the Riviera 1 bedrooms where the toilet faces the balcony door, so if you leave the bathroom door open while you're in there you can absolutely enjoy the view haha!

That looks like a lake view to me. From your picture it looks like you're standing in the room looking at the Contemporary, so obviously you won't see the lake (although you can still see it behind the garden wing in your photo).

Here is full layout, as you can see most rooms are LV (yellow) as @Genie+ said, SV (blue) are on the lower floors only, and TPV (pink) is only on the center outer villas floor 5 and above.
View attachment 841278
On the plus side, the Lake Views can actually be theme park views without the extra points. We were in an 02 unit. Half lake and half theme park views from the room. Out on the balcony it was all theme park views.

They probably should have had a resort view category for the CR view and for the central rooms that just look across at other BLT rooms. If I have to contort myself like an acrobat on the balcony to see a few inches of lakefront, I really don’t consider those to be lake view.

Since it's on a higher floor it's considered a Lake View. Some of the lower floors with this same view are considered standard.

On the plus side, the Lake Views can actually be theme park views without the extra points. We were in an 02 unit. Half lake and half theme park views from the room. Out on the balcony it was all theme park views.
We had a high floor 02 room for our first every BLT stay on rented points and it confirmed we wanted BLT as a home resort!

We are 9th floor. We’re only here a couple of days in a studio, and it’s not a big point difference, but IMO it shouldn’t be a lake view if I can’t see the lake from inside the room. I am impressed at the room being in very nice shape. Will all the talk about an upcoming refurb, I didn’t expect it to be so nice.
This is standard for all the hotels that we have ever been at, now if WDW listed it as lake "front" then I would agree. We live in the Gulf Coast area and have vacationed at a number of places by/on the water and a Gulf view is if you can even see the Gulf from your balcony. But a Gulf front view means the Gulf is straight out from your balcony or window and can be seen from inside. That WDW room pictured, has a great lake view. I had a "water view" room once at WDW, that was totally stretching the "water view" category. When I went back to the lobby to change our room, I jokingly asked the CM if the water fountain I saw qualified. We had to literally look left where we could just barely see the edge of the pool area. Needless to say the manager moved us.

If it was in floor one or two it would have been a standard view. The funny thing is we always request that view as a lake view. When we requested it this past November we were given an “awesome” lake view of the dumpsters and HVAC units on the other side of the hotel. Along with the tv being broken we called the front desk and was told the only room available was a standard view which was your view but on floor two. It was so much better and we were given our difference in points back.

It's definitely a lake view. I've been in that room. Great view of the electric water pageant when it's in front of the wilderness lodge from that room.

If it was in floor one or two it would have been a standard view. The funny thing is we always request that view as a lake view. When we requested it this past November we were given an “awesome” lake view of the dumpsters and HVAC units on the other side of the hotel. Along with the tv being broken we called the front desk and was told the only room available was a standard view which was your view but on floor two. It was so much better and we were given our difference in points back.
Your LV room would also have had fireworks view. For many that's a satisfactory trade off for having the dumpsters and HVAC down below.
It's easy to ask for the TV to be fixed or replaced. Hopefully that was done.

(although you can still see it behind the garden wing in your photo).
I would argue the water on the other side of the garden wing is the entrance to the man-made canal and probably doesn't count as the "lake."

Yeah but with this "lake view," you can't see either the lake or the theme park! Double whammy!

It's definitely a lake view. I've been in that room. Great view of the electric water pageant when it's in front of the wilderness lodge from that room.
I think it really reinforces that this isn't a real "lake view" room when one has to watch the water pageant when it's in front of another resort.

I would argue the water on the other side of the garden wing is the entrance to the man-made canal and probably doesn't count as the "lake."
One of the first things we learned after moving to Florida is that if it can hold water it's called a "lake". :rotfl: Also, that there is a great chance it has an alligator in it. We came from Michigan, so when we saw a bunch of Florida's so called lakes we just laughed.

I think it really reinforces that this isn't a real "lake view" room when one has to watch the water pageant when it's in front of another resort.
Is that because that serpent caught on fire and took it down? I hear it is related to Maleficent :laughing:

Your LV room would also have had fireworks view. For many that's a satisfactory trade off for having the dumpsters and HVAC down below.
It's easy to ask for the TV to be fixed or replaced. Hopefully that was done.
Yeah not me, keep the 20 minutes worth of fireworks with a bad view. I will take a nice view over that any day but I would also never use my points for a theme park view to overlook a parking lot. That room over the hotel equipment should be standard view. No they were not interested in fixing the TV either but it worked out and then I contacted DVC when we got home.

Last edited:

Yeah but with this "lake view," you can't see either the lake or the theme park! Double whammy!

But think of the poor CR theme park view rooms where people who can only watch the water pageant when it's playing to the MK and they have to walk out on their balconies to see the MK. :faint: The rest of the time they can only see the lake.

JK - it's all about expectations and how hotels designate views. A balcony is private and an extension of a room.

Yeah not me, keep the 20 minutes with of fireworks with a bad view. I will take a nice view over that any day but I would also never use my points for a theme park view to overlook a parking lot. That room over the hotel equipment should be standard view. No they were not interested in fixing the TV either but it worked out and then I contacted DVC when we got home.
I've gotten bathtub fixtures changed out that dripped and a new sleeper sofa when one couldn't be opened. I think they'd have fixed the TV but that probably wasn't your main focus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter