Becoming Obsessive...

Hey guys....I just wanted to say I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!! BBB!!!!!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!:banana: GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING SENDING SO PIXIE DUST YOUR WAY!!! :wizard:

Hey guys....I just wanted to say I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!! BBB!!!!!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!:banana: GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING SENDING SO PIXIE DUST YOUR WAY!!! :wizard:

Congratulations!! It seems like that's a coveted role; I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Would anyone suggest calling, erm.. a little before the 6 week mark? lol It's been 4 weeks and 5 days now. I know they say to wait, but I've heard of others giving in and calling and being told things like, "Oh, I don't know why you haven't received word... check your email!"
So I was just curious. I could always try to be paitent :rolleyes1

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! ya i felt like i was going to die because of the wait....i only waited a week and a half!!!! haha!!! but they may not email you that you have been accepted....I just got the purple folder by snail mail today...so hopefully they just sent out a bunch of acceptance letters and people should be recieving them! good luck!!

Congratulations!! It seems like that's a coveted role; I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Would anyone suggest calling, erm.. a little before the 6 week mark? lol It's been 4 weeks and 5 days now. I know they say to wait, but I've heard of others giving in and calling and being told things like, "Oh, I don't know why you haven't received word... check your email!"
So I was just curious. I could always try to be paitent :rolleyes1

It took 7.5 weeks for me to receive my response by email, and another 4 days until it came in the mail. They told me that they were a bit behind on some of the applications and they apologize for the wait.

I know you are probably very impatient, because I was the same way, but I'd suggest waiting until day of 6 weeks to make contact. Best of luck!

Thanks Ashlei! That's basically what I figured. 7.5 weeks, eh? Well, at least I'm more than halfway there :) I'll probably go ahead and call the day I've been waiting 6 weeks.

Enrollment started today at my school, so I guess I'll go ahead and enroll in some classes just in case!

Thanks Ashlei! That's basically what I figured. 7.5 weeks, eh? Well, at least I'm more than halfway there :) I'll probably go ahead and call the day I've been waiting 6 weeks.

Enrollment started today at my school, so I guess I'll go ahead and enroll in some classes just in case!

Yeah, I emailed the day of 6 weeks, got an email back a few days later saying they already sent it, but will resend it.. waited another week, still nothing. called them, then they said they were sending it out that day, and I got the email that night. No pending letter in between or anything. Don't get discouraged just because it is taking forever. I've learned that doesn't mean anything.

As for school, you might as well enroll, because you can still drop them when you get your letter. (that way you'll have classes just in case).

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DL interview: 8/31
DL pending letter: 9/17

WDW interview: 10/16
WDW invitation: 10/28
WDW role: QSFB

Ok I have until 11/11 to accept. I still want to wait for DL first. So we'll see!

omg Zoe YAY!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!! I wanna meet you if you end up going to WDW!!! I am soo happy for you!!! Congrats!!!!:thumbsup2

I guess I am lucky. Or maybe alumnis of the CP have an advantage. I don't know. I got the purple folder 8 days after my interview. 8 days later!!!! Last CP it was 13 days.

Zoe, I highly highly HIGHLY recommend going to WDW over DL. DL is very expensive and doesn't have nearly the jobs WDW has. Face it, WDW has 4 parks, two water parks, 22 resorts, and Downtown Disney!! I have talked to several people who did a DL CP and they regretted going and wished they had chosen WDW.

ZOE!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

If its not too much of a trouble, I would definitely choose DisneyWorld! You'll get to meet me! haha

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DL interview: 8/31
DL pending letter: 9/17

WDW interview: 10/16
WDW invitation: 10/28
WDW role: QSFB

Ok I have until 11/11 to accept. I still want to wait for DL first. So we'll see!

YAY 3 cheers for Zoe!!! still rooting for you to get dlrcp so you can be with your bf.

I guess I am lucky. Or maybe alumnis of the CP have an advantage. I don't know. I got the purple folder 8 days after my interview. 8 days later!!!! Last CP it was 13 days.

Zoe, I highly highly HIGHLY recommend going to WDW over DL. DL is very expensive and doesn't have nearly the jobs WDW has. Face it, WDW has 4 parks, two water parks, 22 resorts, and Downtown Disney!! I have talked to several people who did a DL CP and they regretted going and wished they had chosen WDW.

You don't understand, if my boyfriend was in FL already I would choose WDW in a heartbeat! Look at my siggy, I love WDW! (although I've been to both parks) I feel like a broken record...but we've been in a LDR for over 4 years so it's kinda torturous (is that a word?). DL would be closer to my loverboy, you see? Anyway, you don't have to convince me, I would be perfectly happy in WDW. I would just be missin' my boo as always and it's so painful. :sad1:

Anyway, THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR THE PIXIEDUST!!!!! And congrats to those who have been accepted recently and good luck to the rest! I feel SO much better now, even though the situation isn't perfect. You have no idea. This has really lifted my spirits, you know b/c of my laid-offness. :lmao: If I do choose WDW, I would also like to meet you guys, everyone here on disboards! I'm gonna need as much diversion as possible to keep my mind off him. Ok? But males, don't even THINK about trying to steal me away. ;)

You don't understand, if my boyfriend was in FL already I would choose WDW in a heartbeat! Look at my siggy, I love WDW! (although I've been to both parks) I feel like a broken record...but we've been in a LDR for over 4 years so it's kinda torturous (is that a word?). DL would be closer to my loverboy, you see? Anyway, you don't have to convince me, I would be perfectly happy in WDW. I would just be missin' my boo as always and it's so painful. :sad1:

Anyway, THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR THE PIXIEDUST!!!!! And congrats to those who have been accepted recently and good luck to the rest! I feel SO much better now, even though the situation isn't perfect. You have no idea. This has really lifted my spirits, you know b/c of my laid-offness. :lmao: If I do choose WDW, I would also like to meet you guys, everyone here on disboards! I'm gonna need as much diversion as possible to keep my mind off him. Ok? But males, don't even THINK about trying to steal me away. ;)

YES. Now we're talking.

Hilarious. You're in WDW and I'm in DLR. Try telling us that 2 months ago :P

But hopefully we'll be in DL together. I'm kinda nervous and even though my girlfriend is coming with me (I think. She hasn't decided yet but she was accepted!) I am getting the jitters a bit about the whole thing and it would great to have a friend there ahead of time!

oh congrats to her! She should go. Is it just b/c WDW is bigger? whatever, if she wants to be with u she should go to DL. Yea, it totally sucks about u and me, though. Oh well. We'll see.

So I've been anxiously awaiting for my packet and/or e-mail. I was interviewed on 9/28 for DLR (That's the only one I applied for)... it's been 4 weeks and 2 days and counting..

And today I got something in the mail from Disney... I was all excited because it looked like it could have contained THE folder... turns out it was my D23 magazine. GAH

I was reading through this forum slowly but not carefully.. so has anyone been accepted to DLR yet? And if so, how long did you wait to find out (if you didn't apply within the first week)?

Congrats Zoe!!! :flower3: I skip a day on the Disboards and you go and get accepted. I'm waiting for class to start and thought I'd check in.. that made my day. I've been waiting to hear how it works out for you. Hopefully you'll get DL, but I bet you'd have a BLAST at WDW! (Of course I'm sure you know this.)

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting. I'm at 5 weeks and 1 day since my interview. I'm calling on Wednesday lol Maybe I'll get to meet you down there.

Awww! Were you pended? I really hate that they do that to ppl. Hey, why don't you try adding more roles? If you go online, you can update your application. I just did that for DL to boost my chances. I went from 13 to 19 roles now. Anyway, I already know WDW is super awesome! Plus, I wanna go to the Harry Potter park like sooooooooooooooooooooo bad!

Yay Zoe! I'm glad you finally heard from someone! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your DL acceptance, but like everyone is saying, WDW is awesome too :thumbsup2 So regardless, you'll have a blast!

p.s. I went to our campus presentation and I think the e-presentation did a way better job of giving information. But that's just me. 69 more days til the arrival in orlando!!:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter