Becoming Obsessive...

p.s. I went to our campus presentation and I think the e-presentation did a way better job of giving information. But that's just me. 69 more days til the arrival in orlando!!:cool2:

What school did you go to for the presentation? I am a rep at Schoolcraft and I would like to hear an outside opinion on how useful the presentations are. :confused:

What school did you go to for the presentation? I am a rep at Schoolcraft and I would like to hear an outside opinion on how useful the presentations are. :confused:

I wish I had gone to Scraft's! But someone told me to wait until they came to my school instead, oh well. I went to EMU's. It was ok, but I didn't think they gave much information about jobs and the actual experience. Mainly just covered differences between DL and DW. I also heard prizes were given out sometimes, but there wasn't any of that. There were 5 reps, and they all did great jobs speaking. :)

I got pended last week, been checking email like crazy, this morning it said something like "disney status update"

turned out to be the same pending letter I got by mail and everything

ughhhhh :confused:

Awww! Were you pended? I really hate that they do that to ppl. Hey, why don't you try adding more roles? If you go online, you can update your application. I just did that for DL to boost my chances. I went from 13 to 19 roles now. Anyway, I already know WDW is super awesome! Plus, I wanna go to the Harry Potter park like sooooooooooooooooooooo bad!

No, I haven't been pended... yet. All I've received after the interview was the standard "Thank you for applying" email.

I selected quite a few roles- pretty much anything I thought I could feasibly do. When I did my interview she said, "All right, you selected *insert long list of roles here* Great! Very good." and kind of laughed about it, so I feel like I didn't limit myself too bad. Maybe I should go back and check just make sure there isn't anything else I could try to add.

It's killing me! But it'll be six weeks on Wednesday... at least I know I can try to contact them then.

So I've been anxiously awaiting for my packet and/or e-mail. I was interviewed on 9/28 for DLR (That's the only one I applied for)... it's been 4 weeks and 2 days and counting..

And today I got something in the mail from Disney... I was all excited because it looked like it could have contained THE folder... turns out it was my D23 magazine. GAH

I was reading through this forum slowly but not carefully.. so has anyone been accepted to DLR yet? And if so, how long did you wait to find out (if you didn't apply within the first week)?

If you go to the DLR kids thread all of your questions should be answered

So, I finally reached the 6 week mark and went ahead and called about 10 minutes ago.

The lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful. She said that for some reason it had never been sent out. She spent a long time silently reviewing my interview information. She said they "wrote a bible about me", which kind of freaked me out lol
It seemed as though she was making a decision then and there, which also made me nervous. Eventually, she verified all of my information and said that I should be receiving "a packet of information in the mail" within two weeks, and that I should receive "something a little sooner via email" so long as I didn't opt out of receiving email info.
She also thanked me for calling, because she said it gave them the "Hello!" they needed to get things rolling.

So... another possible two weeks of waiting... but hopefully it's good news!!

btw, I told her I had been paitently waiting until the 6 week mark to call, and she laughed and said it was funny! lol

So, I finally reached the 6 week mark and went ahead and called about 10 minutes ago.

The lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful. She said that for some reason it had never been sent out. She spent a long time silently reviewing my interview information. She said they "wrote a bible about me", which kind of freaked me out lol
It seemed as though she was making a decision then and there, which also made me nervous. Eventually, she verified all of my information and said that I should be receiving "a packet of information in the mail" within two weeks, and that I should receive "something a little sooner via email" so long as I didn't opt out of receiving email info.
She also thanked me for calling, because she said it gave them the "Hello!" they needed to get things rolling.

So... another possible two weeks of waiting... but hopefully it's good news!!

btw, I told her I had been paitently waiting until the 6 week mark to call, and she laughed and said it was funny! lol

If you are getting a packet of information, then I would think that probably means you are in :)

I should be receiving "a packet of information in the mail"

"Packet of information" Yea that definitely sounds good. :goodvibes

So it's official. I just reserved my spot for WDW and paid the fee. I STILL haven't heard from DL. If by Dec. 1 they accept me, then I will have to cancel my reservation with WDW and lose $100. Oh well.

So I've been anxiously awaiting for my packet and/or e-mail. I was interviewed on 9/28 for DLR (That's the only one I applied for)... it's been 4 weeks and 2 days and counting..

And today I got something in the mail from Disney... I was all excited because it looked like it could have contained THE folder... turns out it was my D23 magazine. GAH

I was reading through this forum slowly but not carefully.. so has anyone been accepted to DLR yet? And if so, how long did you wait to find out (if you didn't apply within the first week)?

Hi Mark!!! :rotfl:

Some people have been accepted, but it still is taking DLR awhile to be sending things out... hang in there!!!

Btw, why oh why don't we have these animated smilies on MT? :idea:

So it's been 3 days since my audition...it's like waiting after the interview all over again!!!

I still know that there are auditions til Sunday which means in no way, shape, or form will I hear anything until at LEAST next Fri...but I want to knooowww...I wanna liiiveee (Eddie Murphy anyone?).

Honestly, the chances of me being one of the lucky 200 in over 1,000 auditionees are slim to none but I am not ever giving up on my dreams...

The last of the nation-wide auditions ended yesterday...

Let's the obsessive email checking begin! :surfweb::rotfl::surfweb::rotfl:

good luck princess ash!! How do you think you did?

Thanks Jenna! I truly appreciate it! :hug:

I think that I did fairly well actually! :cheer2: I usually hate auditions because I get panic-attack worthy nervous (I am FINE during a performance once I get the part...it's just the auditions) :faint:, but this one was SO MUCH FUN :banana:. I gave it my all :yay:, smiled a lot :teeth:, and didn't really mess up on the dance :dance3:(cept the ending pose the first time, which was very funny, actually):rotfl2:. I almost lost my cool a couple of times :tongue:, but I pulled myself back together :smooth:. It was probably the best audition I ever gave, personally. :cool2:

BUT...was I good enough to be one of the 200ish candidates that made a lasting impression out of over 1,000 auditionees? (errr...........:confused3)

Well, we'll wait and see...:surfweb:

Yes, I went overboard on the smilies on purpose...I was feeling it! :cool1:

BUT...was I good enough to be one of the 200ish candidates that made a lasting impression out of over 1,000 auditionees?

They're only taking 200 people?! :eek:
:sad2: I thought I was really bubbly for my audition but I don't think I stood out...

Oh well... :surfweb: we shall see...

Good Luck Princess Ash!!! I really hope you get in!

either way, we are going to Walt Disney World!!! :dance3::rotfl:

Well it's been two weeks since the first auditions! Maybe they'll send out notifications tomorrow..

I wonder how this is going to work with pretty much everyone having chosen arrival dates already. Are they going to switch people around, or have some sort of quota for spring/spring advantage people? Or have a certain number of performers per arrival date? Maybe it'll all magically work out and they won't need to change anyone.

I think my email is going to stop letting me check it soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter