Best car rental from the airport

Budget is right there. If you can join their fastbreak club, or whatever they call it, you go right to the kiosk in the garage to get your car. I have never used them, mainly because I never get a rate from them anywhere near what I find with national. I am interested in a reply also.

Kudos for National. I have a full size, Emerald Aisle, for a week, 113.43 including all taxes.
Used my DC number and a 20.00 coupon from Delata. this is for 9-13/9-20-01.
Budget is very good as a company, but, their rates are a bit high, as are Dollar, Avis, and Hertz. (hertz is not in terminal.)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Avis. We use a discount code, join their "fastlane' type program and my dh thought I was a genius because we out of the parking garage so quickly!! I also like that they don't charge extra for spouses. I also like their website because they have the total with tax at the end of the page when you're checking for rates.

nhrenee,
National does not charge for spouses, they also give you a total cost at the end.
I have used Avis, and found them to be ok.

My family needs a minivan (7 people), which seems to be the most expensive, least discounted form of transportation at WDW!! I got a good rate (249/week) through Traveler's Advantage with an onsite firm called L&M. I have rented from National, Budget and Dollar in the past, depending on who has the best rates. I have never heard of/noticed L&M. Anyone out there have any experience with them? I am still trying Priceline once a week to see if anyone will bite. I will probably wind up with some off airport firm like Hertz or Alamo!!

Let me know what you know about L&M. I'm in no way obligated.

Also, anyone out there get a great minivan rate? I'm there for 10 days. Adds up quickly!

Mary

I have never used L & M, however I remember reading some good things about them. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find some informative posts. I had considered using them, but changed my mind because they cannot guarantee car seats! Could you imagine geting to Orlando and having no car seats for the kids!? By the way, if you are traveling with young children, I believe I read on a post that Dollar minivans come with the built-in carseats. Good luck!

Everytime I have rented a minivan, it was through Priceline. I rented one for 8 days last Jan for under $200 (Somewere between 20-23 per day plus their fees). I did not rent in Orlando though but Ft. lauderdale. Both times I ended up with Alamo. That is the only negative. If you HAVE TO have a firm in the airport, you are not guaranteed to get one with Priceline. That's why I have never used it at MCO myself. Good luck.

I have rented from L&M before. They were very nice and very reasonable. The only reason I am not using them this time, I beat their price for the size of vehicle. If you do not mind a smaller car (we didn't for the first few years, but now with a baby..) they are the people to use. I have never had a bad experience with them.

Well again Mousesavers SAVES THE DAY

If you look on her site it tells you how to join the Emerald Club for free using the Capital One offer - even if you do not have a Capital One Credit card. I just did it -- took about 60 seconds.

Even if you don't use National for this trip -- that membership might come in handy someday.

http://www.mousesavers.com

Do you have to wait to receive membership materials from National before you can use Emerald Aisle benefits?

We will going to WDW end of Sept and won't have time to receive membership card, etc before this.

Thanks.:)

We used Budget last year and were very satisfied, however the counter guy was a little bit of jerk. My SIL was attending the National School Board Conference, so my DD and I accompanied her and her DD. The car's reservation was in her name (since she was being reimbursed). When I told her not to get the extra insurance (she wasn't going to drive any at all, and I'm covered by my own insurance), the guy kept warning her to remember this was on her credit card (because of the reimbursement), and if I wrecked the car, she'd be responsible. Since I work for the school district, I had set the reservation up as corporate, and we didn't have to pay for the extra driver. I had documentation, but nobody asked for it.

I searched everywhere for the cheapest rate, because the girls really wanted a convertible (preferably a Mustang). I got a rate with Budget for less than $250 for a week including all taxes and fees. Since Budget has primarily Ford products, I was reasonably sure of getting the Mustang I requested (which we did). Pick up and return was very easy. I loved being in the airport (before I had always rented off-site).

You will need to have the EC number before you can use the EA. Fax your application to them, it is faster that way, or..........take a ride to Bradley and have it done there.
If you have applied already, you can call National and see if they will release the EC number to you, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, definitely the luck of the draw.
And, btw, they do get these cards out fast, so, give it a try.
When in Sept. are you going? We are also going in Sept.

When you apply for the EC over the internet it takes about 2 seconds for them to email the EC number to you. There's also a temporary card you can print out.

Go to http://www.mousesavers.com

and Mary tells how to join for free through the Capital One website -- no need to have or apply for a Capital One card.

At this time the National EC sign up on line is down and has been for about a month.
Nice idea, however.

Gail - we will be at WDW 9/22 - 9/29. Thanks for the info on National.

Toby'sFriend - you signed up on line at the National site or Capital One site (the National site still says "temporarily unavailable")?

Thanks.:)

It's on the National site -

Go to http://www.capitalone.com

at the bottom right hand corner is a link that says "Save 15% on National Car Rental"
If you click on that it will take you to a page on the National site. On the left hand side
of the page is information on saving 15% on your car rental. On the right hand side is
a button that will take you to the free EC membership form. The box for the promotion code should
be filled in already with the Capital One information.

The information on how to do this is also on the Mousesavers site under ground transportation

Toby'sFriend -

Thanks for the info. I went to the Capital One site and I already got my EA number - it took less than 5 minutes. Strange that you can't enroll on line on National's own site, but you can do it by linking to the National site through Capital One.

Anyway, glad it worked. Thanks again.

That is wonderful!!!!!
Thanks Toby'sfriend for the great info. It sure help my "neighbors" SalandJeff.
Ah, this board is GREAT!!!!
SalandJeff, I will arrive home two days before you go.
Have a great time.

we got a full size from National for a week in Oct for $140 - online without coupons. When we called to check for DC discounts, the answer was that we'd get another 10% off when we checked in. Plan on joining Emerald though, so we'll need to check on that since we won't have to check in! :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter