Beyond Animal Kingdom -- West Gate to WDW

seashoreCM

All around nice guy.
I had heard a rumor of extending Osceola Parkway west, past Animal Kingdom Lodge, to join up with 192 and a new proposed north south (Orlando west circumferential) freeway.

Currently Osceola fizzles down to a two lane road, but looks as if it could be so extended.

Some questions to ponder:

Does Disney still have that on the drawing board?

Is Disney obliged to the county or state to make that connection?

In order to put a damper on massive cut through non-Disney traffic from that point to I-4, is Disney entitled to operate that location as a private entrance, collecting a toll at that location, perhaps expressed as a partial payment of its daily parking rate?

In order to put a damper on massive cut through non-Disney traffic from that point to I-4, would Disney be entitled to time the traffic lights to favor vehicles from AKL, causing most cars coming in from the west to have to stop both at AK and AKL?

(Tyler, you might have insight on this one)

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I have no information on this... never even heard of it, so I can't really comment.

However... Disney wouldn't charge a toll to use one of its roads... we're not that bad... lol... yet. And as for lights... most of our lights are sensor based, however, the rest are timed to traffic patterns... no one gets a priority except Reedy Creek Emergency Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter