Bibbidi Bobbidi Beautiful Birthday! PTR

TheTizardFamily:0)

DIS Veteran
Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
It'll do magic believe it or not
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

We have finally reached day 100 on our countdown so it's time to get this baby on the go!

The why -
We booked this trip waaaaay back in mid January, so it feels like it has taken forever to get to this point! The trip was booked, simply because we missed DLP! By the time we leave this year it will be two years since we walked through those magic gates! The trip was booked to celebrate my 30th birthday which is 4 weeks before, and Steve's who turns 32 during our trip, it's taken on much more importance since booking though. My mum had two huge strokes at 47 3 months ago, our lives have completely changed since, and the thought of this trip has been my lifeline.

The when -

We love Christmas and we love Disney, so we're going back at our favourite time! November 23rd-27th.

The where -​

Finally, finally, finally!
We will be staying at the place of my dreams, beautiful and elegant, as close to the magic as we can get!
The Disneyland Hotel!!!

We will be leaving Weymouth the day before and driving down to the Eurotunnel, we have a room booked at the Premier Inn so we can be semi refreshed for our first day in the parks after catching our 4:35am tunnel crossing!

The who -​

Firstly we have our little munchkins!

Evan -

Currently 7, will be 8 by the time our trip arrives.
Love's all rides, but his all time fave is BTM, he's looking forward to trying out TOT this time around and shopping in the Lego store!

Harry -

Currently 5, turns 6 in just over 4 weeks.
Harry is my little Disney freak, I've raised him well! He loves Buzz lightyear, Dumbo, Peter Pan rides etc, character meets and food!

Steve (DH) -

My hardworking hubby who treats me like a princess!
Will turn 32 during our trip, loves the magic of the parks, taking pictures of everything and trying out all the lovely restaurant's. Love's a thrill ride but is equally as happy skipping around Fantasyland!

Me (jemma) -

Turn 30 this October.
A lover of all things Disney and Christmas, I love the planning, packing and organising!
One of my all time favourite feelings Is walking into the park for the first time, takes my breath away everytime!
Looking forward to trying some new reasturants, riding my bestest ride Peter Pans flight and of course, being a princess in the Disneyland Hotel!

So for now that's it, no doubt i'll be back and forth with plans, meal plans and showing bit's and pieces I pick up for our trip!

Thank you for reading along!

So sorry to hear about your mum's strokes, especially at such a young age. :sad2: I am glad you have a magical stay at DLH planned to give you something to look forward to, it really makes the difference to how you cope with things if you have something positive in the future planned I think! :hug:

Looking forward to following your TR - I would love to go at Christmas but hubby can't take time off until the week before and I am restricted to the school holidays, we may make it for a weekend at some point in the very distant future!

I am so excited to see this PTR!! Eek!

What a gorgeous lot you are. Saw your fab countdown calendar on Facebook. Are the boys getting very excited?

We may just bump into each other in Cafe Fantasia! And the pancakes at breakfast are so so good! It's just the best hotel ever! Perfect place to celebrate your birthday :yay: Didn't realise your boys and my monkeys were so close in age! Jemma will be just gone 9 when we go and Jimmy is 5!
Nothing like Premier inn the night before. Great minds think alike ::yes::

All we have to do now is wait for the Christmas info to be released! I'm impatiently waiting for my countdown to hit 99 sleeps to post my PTR!

Any particular birthday plans for DLP?

Kiz
XXX

So sorry to hear about your mum's strokes, especially at such a young age. :sad2: I am glad you have a magical stay at DLH planned to give you something to look forward to, it really makes the difference to how you cope with things if you have something positive in the future planned I think! :hug:

Looking forward to following your TR - I would love to go at Christmas but hubby can't take time off until the week before and I am restricted to the school holidays, we may make it for a weekend at some point in the very distant future!

Thank you for your kind words RoseBug, it certainly has been a trying time seeing someone at the prime of her life and career change so much overnight. Having DLP to look forward to has certainly kept me going at times when I just wanted to give up on everything :hug:

I'm so pleased you will be following along! We do adore Christmas is general, so that paired with low crowds and our favourite chilly weather is a win for us. But, lets face it, for us DIS'ers, any trip to the magic is a win!

We are very luck that DH is self employed and i'm a SAHM/housewife so we can go when we please really, I did feel bad for taking the boys out of school for the week, but not anymore, they have been through so much this year and sacrificed so much they deserve it, luckily our headmistress agrees and has agree that while she won't authorise it as such, she will be turning a blind eye and will not be referring the absence to the local authority.

I do hope you get a change to experience DLP at Christmas, even if just for a flying visit xxx

I am so excited to see this PTR!! Eek!

What a gorgeous lot you are. Saw your fab countdown calendar on Facebook. Are the boys getting very excited?

We may just bump into each other in Cafe Fantasia! And the pancakes at breakfast are so so good! It's just the best hotel ever! Perfect place to celebrate your birthday :yay: Didn't realise your boys and my monkeys were so close in age! Jemma will be just gone 9 when we go and Jimmy is 5!
Nothing like Premier inn the night before. Great minds think alike ::yes::

All we have to do now is wait for the Christmas info to be released! I'm impatiently waiting for my countdown to hit 99 sleeps to post my PTR!

Any particular birthday plans for DLP?

Kiz
XXX

Hey lovely!

Haha, I picked the good pics for this! :rotfl:
I love the countdown, the boys are fairly excited, it still seems like a lifetime away for them I think so it's very periodic, they have so much happening between now and then, off too London tomorrow, both birthdays, parties etc, I think it will really come out in full force around the end of October!

How are your munchkins? Are they bouncing off the walls yet?

I had no idea they were close in age either, if we do bump into each other sipping on a cocktail they may get along! :thumbsup2

I am so excited about experiencing everything the DLH has to offer, I just hope I can go back to the other hotels once I've been so spoilt! :cloud9:

How are your plan coming along? Will you be having a little Premier Inn stop off? I can't wait for all the Christmas info to be released, and for the 60 days to hit so I can make some final meal decisions.

Looking forward to seeing your PTR pop up, scrap that, EXCITED, to see it ha!

Jemma xxxx

Back again after a weekend break in London with DH and the sprogs, we've had a little chat about meals and I think we have a rough plan, obviously they are flexible and changeable, and we'll settle nearer the time when we know what will be open etc!

We will be arriving in the park at around 10am so our plans are from then onwards......

Sunday lunch - Inventions Sunday Brunch, a first for us so we're all looking forward to it.

Sunday evening - We have discussed this and decided we will probably be pretty tired and not all that hungry, so may treat ourselves to some room service.

Monday lunch - Counter service of some sort, maybe Toad Hall.

Monday dinner - Annettes! A firm fave for the Tizard family, kids love it and daddy LOVES the burgers!

Tuesday lunch - Bistrot Chez Remy, so excited to experience this place!

Tuesday dinner - Rainforest café, another one we all love.

Wednesday lunch - Blue Lagoon, another first! Hopefully we'll all enjoy the food!

Wednesday dinner - Café Mickey! It is tradition that we eat here on our last night, I didn't think much of the food on our last visit but the kids always enjoy it.

Thursday lunch - Our last day :sad2: HOPEFULLY Walts will be open so we can indulge before we leave, obviously if it isn't open we will HAVE to rearrange!

Following! Disney is amazing at christmas, and the DLH!! I keep saying one day when I win the lottery lol.

Back again after a weekend break in London with DH and the sprogs, we've had a little chat about meals and I think we have a rough plan, obviously they are flexible and changeable, and we'll settle nearer the time when we know what will be open etc! We will be arriving in the park at around 10am so our plans are from then onwards...... Sunday lunch - Inventions Sunday Brunch, a first for us so we're all looking forward to it. Sunday evening - We have discussed this and decided we will probably be pretty tired and not all that hungry, so may treat ourselves to some room service. Monday lunch - Counter service of some sort, maybe Toad Hall. Monday dinner - Annettes! A firm fave for the Tizard family, kids love it and daddy LOVES the burgers! Tuesday lunch - Bistrot Chez Remy, so excited to experience this place! Tuesday dinner - Rainforest café, another one we all love. Wednesday lunch - Blue Lagoon, another first! Hopefully we'll all enjoy the food! Wednesday dinner - Café Mickey! It is tradition that we eat here on our last night, I didn't think much of the food on our last visit but the kids always enjoy it. Thursday lunch - Our last day :sad2: HOPEFULLY Walts will be open so we can indulge before we leave, obviously if it isn't open we will HAVE to rearrange!

Looking great! Walts seems to be open Thursdays on a regular basis (see the link on my PTR for restaurant openings! Can't copy it easily on my pad!) so you should be fine!!

C x

Great plans! Delighted you have such a nice treat to look forward to after the sadness following your mom's strokes..... Very cruel at such a young age...hope she is well on way to recovery x. We will miss you by a couple of days!!!!! :-( we staying DLH 17 to 21 November.....and we have very similar eating plans to you :-D. Looking forward to your updates...may well start my own ptr too x

Looking great! Walts seems to be open Thursdays on a regular basis (see the link on my PTR for restaurant openings! Can't copy it easily on my pad!) so you should be fine!!

C x

Ah thanks so much!
We've never eaten there before, it's on our list of must do's this time! ;)

Great plans! Delighted you have such a nice treat to look forward to after the sadness following your mom's strokes..... Very cruel at such a young age...hope she is well on way to recovery x. We will miss you by a couple of days!!!!! :-( we staying DLH 17 to 21 November.....and we have very similar eating plans to you :-D. Looking forward to your updates...may well start my own ptr too x

Thank you for your kind wishes, considering her original prognosis she's doing ok, now having acupuncture sessions, hopefully we'll see some more progress xx

Such a shame that we will miss you! Kizzy will be there when we are, we could have had a mini Dis meat up.....over a cocktail of course! ;):rotfl2:

Definitely make a start on a PTR....i'll be waiting to see it pop up! xxx

Following! Disney is amazing at christmas, and the DLH!! I keep saying one day when I win the lottery lol.

Thanks so much for following along! xx

This is our third Christmas Disney visit, we love it so much, I actually cry everytime! After the emotions of this year i'm sure i'll be a sobbing mess when I first arrive! :rotfl2:

It is however, our first time in the DLH, we got a very very good deal which helped me convince DH! pixiedust:

I completely forgot to include this in my last little update, a few weeks ago I received my first DLP purchase! We got our hotel balance paid off so I got excited and ordered the boys personalised autograph books, I love them! Courtesy of a little eBay shop!​

Hey lovely!

Haha, I picked the good pics for this! :rotfl:
I love the countdown, the boys are fairly excited, it still seems like a lifetime away for them I think so it's very periodic, they have so much happening between now and then, off too London tomorrow, both birthdays, parties etc, I think it will really come out in full force around the end of October!

How are your munchkins? Are they bouncing off the walls yet?

I had no idea they were close in age either, if we do bump into each other sipping on a cocktail they may get along! :thumbsup2

I am so excited about experiencing everything the DLH has to offer, I just hope I can go back to the other hotels once I've been so spoilt! :cloud9:

How are your plan coming along? Will you be having a little Premier Inn stop off? I can't wait for all the Christmas info to be released, and for the 60 days to hit so I can make some final meal decisions.

Looking forward to seeing your PTR pop up, scrap that, EXCITED, to see it ha!

Jemma xxxx

Just caught up! Fab restaurants planned. Walts is great. We had a great meal in May. It was the only place my Mam really enjoyed!
I may as well tell you now, the DLH is going to spoil you :thumbsup2 its just out of this world!
Plans are coming along good. Only small bits and bobs to do. Have to ring the Premier Inn and check breakfast times because the airport food is dire! Have to stay at the Premier! Its only a tiny bit dearer then the Travelodge but so much nicer and much closer to the airport. Such good value for money.
Love the boys autograph books! They are so christmassy!
I have plans for many cocktails!! Fingers crossed the room is close by :rotfl:
Cannot wait to see some confirmed Christmas plans. Pity about the parade if whats to read is correct but we are going well on closures :cool1:
Kizzy
xxx

Following along! Sounds great!
We definitely weren't hungry after Sunday Brunch at Inventions; although I was afraid that I'd wake up in the middle of the night starving so we got sambos from EoS. :-)

Following along! Sounds great!
We definitely weren't hungry after Sunday Brunch at Inventions; although I was afraid that I'd wake up in the middle of the night starving so we got sambos from EoS. :-)

Thanks for joining me!

I don't think Evan and I will be too hungry, Steve and Harry will almost certainly need a little something, bottomless pits those two!:rotfl2:

Lovely plans - and love the autograph books too.

Reading along :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter