Bibbidi Bobbidi Beautiful Birthday! PTR

Great meal plans!! I can see where your hubby is coming from re: Inventions. We're trying it for the first time this Sunday (wow! lol) but I have a funny feeling we may be disappointed!

However, I think my feelings are based on our bad experience at Restaurant des Stars last Christmas - the only other buffet we've ever tried there. So I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised!! Cafe Fantasia is a great compromise for this year for you though! Yummy!

C x

I'm definitely not disappointed with our choice this year, I mean, I've dreamed of staying in the DLH since I was 17 (13 years), and it's finally happening, i'd eat from the bins if I had too! :rotfl:

I hope you enjoy your experience xxxx

We did Inventions last December and honestly I didn't think it was worthe the money. The food was any better than the HNY buffett and we didn't see many characters. It is a beautiful restaurant though, so i'm sure I could be persuaded to go again :rotfl2:

We'll be hitting Cafe Fantasia too one afternoon :goodvibes

I've heard so many reports saying it isn't worth the money as far as the food is concerned, so i'm ok with it, although it is definitely I have to do at some point, it's just something I need to tick off my list.

Your trip is almost here! Have an amazing time xx

Hope you got Harry's passport. Things can never just go smoothly eh!
Might bump into you at BCR on Tuesday :thumbsup2
Novembers not too far off now :cool1::cool1:
I would echo what Julie said, bit pricey for the selection but then you are paying for the character interaction. I was so eager to try it and just felt a bit meh afterwards! Maybe I'm just being a moany old goat but I expected more food wise! The Chuckwagon had a better selection but if you like fish you would definitely get your monies worth.

Well, it SHOULD be here within 5 working days, the passport off ice managed to lose his old passport within their offices, didn't contact me to let me know, so it was 3+ weeks before I knew, weeks of chasing and phone calls and me!! having to fill in a lost or stolen form, it's finally being sorted......it's only taken 2 months since I applied for it! :scratchin

I honestly can't believe how close it is, 6 weeks today the Tizards will be down at the PI in Folkestone!

I love fish, Steve and the sprogs on the other hand won't touch it unless it's coated in batter or breadcrumbs :rotfl2:

Luckily next October we're visiting with our best friends and their children, i'm sure we'll find a way to get a visit in somehow! xx

Well, it SHOULD be here within 5 working days, the passport off ice managed to lose his old passport within their offices, didn't contact me to let me know, so it was 3+ weeks before I knew, weeks of chasing and phone calls and me!! having to fill in a lost or stolen form, it's finally being sorted......it's only taken 2 months since I applied for it! :scratchin

I honestly can't believe how close it is, 6 weeks today the Tizards will be down at the PI in Folkestone!

I love fish, Steve and the sprogs on the other hand won't touch it unless it's coated in batter or breadcrumbs :rotfl2:

Luckily next October we're visiting with our best friends and their children, i'm sure we'll find a way to get a visit in somehow! xx

5 weeks 6 days now lady :banana: Woo for progress!
Those passport offices are ridiculous! Bet there was little in the line of an apology either. You'd think if anyone was going to lose it that would have been you but its their job. Doesnt reflect well!
I have ours under lock and key cause Shane is liable to spend Nov 22nd ripping the house apart if I didn't guard them carefully. He is hopeless!

I'm with the boys on the fish issue. Unless its lobster of course! But there was some nice carved meat and dauphinose spuds too but not really €59 worth either
xxx

Catching up with all the PTRs / TRs this evening. Love your meal choices - I meant to do Cafe Fantasia for Mickey Waffles last trip and couldn't fit it in so it's a must for our December trip. :thumbsup2

Must be nearly your birthday. Have a great day and enjoy your cocktail party.:goodvibes

Well I have been seriously slacking on planning and DIS'ing!

Things will settle down now so I can give planning all of my attention. We're so close now I really do need to get my backside into gear and get sorted!

Catching up with all the PTRs / TRs this evening. Love your meal choices - I meant to do Cafe Fantasia for Mickey Waffles last trip and couldn't fit it in so it's a must for our December trip. :thumbsup2

Must be nearly your birthday. Have a great day and enjoy your cocktail party.:goodvibes

Thank you! It was my birthday on Saturday, I had a wonderful day, I was absolutely spoilt by all of my friends and family, and my husband threw me the perfect party, it was definitely a birthday i'll never forget xx

Thank you! It was my birthday on Saturday, I had a wonderful day, I was absolutely spoilt by all of my friends and family, and my husband threw me the perfect party, it was definitely a birthday i'll never forget xx

Happy Birthday! Mine was Saturday too :goodvibes

Just popped in to say we go this month :goodvibes
:yay:
How is your planning coming along?

ps loved the boys Halloween outfits!

Just popped in to say we go this month :goodvibes
:yay:
How is your planning coming along?

ps loved the boys Halloween outfits!

EXACTLY what I said to Steve at 5am today after his 12 hour night shift.....he humoured me and did a little excited wiggle beneath the sheets :rotfl2::lmao:

My planning has been, well, slow! I did make a list the other day so that's a start! We're booking meals on Monday when the little ones are back at school. How about you?

Thank you, I wanted them to do something this Halloween, usually my parents convert their house into a haunted house and throw them a big party, obviously due to mums health it was a no go this year and they were a bit upset, so we went Trick or Treating for the first time. You and yours look like you had fun!

TheTizardFamily:0) said:
EXACTLY what I said to Steve at 5am today after his 12 hour night shift.....he humoured me and did a little excited wiggle beneath the sheets :rotfl2::lmao:

My planning has been, well, slow! I did make a list the other day so that's a start! We're booking meals on Monday when the little ones are back at school. How about you?

Thank you, I wanted them to do something this Halloween, usually my parents convert their house into a haunted house and throw them a big party, obviously due to mums health it was a no go this year and they were a bit upset, so we went Trick or Treating for the first time. You and yours look like you had fun!

Lol! Excitement is setting in now!
I'm the same, it's full steam ahead once the kids go back tomorrow.
Did the boys like trick or treating? My pair are slowly demolishing their weight in sweets! Mostly monkey nuts left now though
How is your Mum doing?
xxx

I am so looking forward to reading TRs from you and the other early Christmas visitors. So close now. :goodvibes

Lol! Excitement is setting in now!
I'm the same, it's full steam ahead once the kids go back tomorrow.
Did the boys like trick or treating? My pair are slowly demolishing their weight in sweets! Mostly monkey nuts left now though
How is your Mum doing?
xxx

They loved it, my friend made the mistake of saying 'ask for cash or vodka', Harry takes things very literally so allot of people were met with a 6 year old clown asking for 'cash or vodka pleaaaase' :lmao:

My mum's ok I guess, she's really depressed which is hard, we know now she will never regain use of her arm and her leg is pretty weak so she keeps having falls. I can cope with all that stuff though, if i'm honest i'm struggling with the brain damage and personality changes, lost count of how may times I've cried myself to sleep over it :sad2: Keep telling myself that she's alive so I should just be happy but sometimes it's easier said than done and i'd quite like to punch the next person who says I should be grateful :lmao:

A little update :)
We have just called and made all of our restaurant reservations, pleased to have that ticked off my list of things to do. We have 4 high vis vests all ready, bulb kit for the car, still need to get breathalyser kits though. And change money, but will more than likely do that the week before and order it from FairFX.

Just two weeks and 5 days until our holiday begins in the Premier Inn! :cool1::santa:

They loved it, my friend made the mistake of saying 'ask for cash or vodka', Harry takes things very literally so allot of people were met with a 6 year old clown asking for 'cash or vodka pleaaaase' :lmao:

My mum's ok I guess, she's really depressed which is hard, we know now she will never regain use of her arm and her leg is pretty weak so she keeps having falls. I can cope with all that stuff though, if i'm honest i'm struggling with the brain damage and personality changes, lost count of how may times I've cried myself to sleep over it :sad2: Keep telling myself that she's alive so I should just be happy but sometimes it's easier said than done and i'd quite like to punch the next person who says I should be grateful :lmao:

And how many bottles did he get?! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
That is hilarious!!
I can only guess how you feel. I get that whole pining for someone who is still here but grateful? Jeez some people are donkeys. I've had a bit of that whole awwh at least you'll get to say goodbye muck lately - no thanks, that is no comfort when faced with watching someone suffer. I'm finding this much harder than the sudden deaths we've had. On a good note though my uncle is doing great, surpassing every limit his been given and has us constantly in stitches. Reckons he wants a band at his funeral mass!! To sing rebel songs!! He is such a character!
I'm always hopeful things will look up, against the odds xxx

and that toad in the hole looked yum! Proper drooling I was!! Mine always collapse :faint:

A few more things ticked off my list today, Steve's new coat arrived. We all have new hats, gloves, scarfs and boots. And we just called DLP and added Photopass + to our booking for the bargain price of £33!

Boys left for school super excited today, 18 days!! :santa::santa::cool1::santa::santa:

And how many bottles did he get?! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
That is hilarious!!
I can only guess how you feel. I get that whole pining for someone who is still here but grateful? Jeez some people are donkeys. I've had a bit of that whole awwh at least you'll get to say goodbye muck lately - no thanks, that is no comfort when faced with watching someone suffer. I'm finding this much harder than the sudden deaths we've had. On a good note though my uncle is doing great, surpassing every limit his been given and has us constantly in stitches. Reckons he wants a band at his funeral mass!! To sing rebel songs!! He is such a character!
I'm always hopeful things will look up, against the odds xxx

and that toad in the hole looked yum! Proper drooling I was!! Mine always collapse :faint:

None can you believe it! Selfish people, my friend and I were most disappointed! :lmao:

I'm glad your uncle is doing well, I agree that it is harder knowing someone will soon pass, my granddad had terminal cancer a few years back, it was hard just 'waiting'. He too planned his final goodbye and I think he, and we took comfort from it......I guess for people who are faced with a terminal diagnosis it gives them a little bit of power and control back?
I hope he continues to remain comfortable and I am, as always, here if you need an ear xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter