DS2 - Lewis (10)

Pre-trippie
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Thursday 16 October 2014

Last day :sad2:

Everyone wanted to do EMH as it was our last day and Mark especially didn't want to miss Peter Pan....So, I was up around 7am and was very surprised to see that Mark was already up and Abbey was in the shower - they were serious :thumbsup2 I packed up the room and looked out the window. The rain was bouncing off the ground :eek: and I wondered how we would manage today in so much rain. We kept getting ready and by 8.00 it had stopped so we all agreed to go for it :banana:

The ground was still wet, but the rain had stopped

It was around 8.15 when we got into the park and it was very quiet - maybe the rain had kept people away..

Mark enjoyed seeing Main St and the castle view without the stage in the way

Into Fantasyland

Onto Peter Pan first which we all love. The Dumbo's were closed, rain covers over them all, so we took some photos at the Maze

We were the only ones on the teacups

Next onto the Carousel

We didn't do Discoveryland as everyone wanted to make sure we got to the Studios at a decent time. So back to the hotel we went. The sun was starting to shine and it was warming up. I packed up the last of the stuff in our room and changed from my boots and coat, to my trainers and hoodie. Bags all dropped at the left luggage counter, checked out and enjoyed a final breakfast in the Parkside, which was delicious.

Said goodbye to the Hotel New York for now, and headed for the Studios - Mission RAT! We were in the Studios just before 10 and the kids joined the queue for Crush, whilst DH and I headed for the fast passes for Ratatoullie. The fast pass queue was almost right back up the hill already and we soon realised that some people thought this was the queue for the ride. DH stayed in the queue and i went off to investigate and could see a separate load of queues for the fast pass machines. So I waved him down and we got in line and got FP's for 11.30 - 12.00. Everyone had enjoyed this ride so much yesterday I couldn't really accept that we'd only get to ride it once more.

Both DH and I noticed that the single rider line only had a 10 minute wait, and feeling a wee bit guilty we looked at each other and agreed to go for it.

Once inside the queue there was no 10 minute wait. We were on in about 2 minutes and ended up in a rat beside each other. We came off, said how great it was and went straight back in again :lmao: This time we were on the same rat. I studied the way the CM's were loading the Rats - The main queue go first but often they are in parties of 4 or 5. There are 6 seats in the rat so they always fill up the extra seats with a single rider. How had we not investigated this before :thumbsup2

We thought about going on again, but the guilt was kicking in now, so we went to meet the kids and actually saw them on the Crush ride as we walked past. When they came off we told them about the single rider line and Lewis said he was more than happy to do it too. Off we went to Ratatoullie, still showing 10 min for the single rider line. Strategy was for Mark to go in line first, so that there would be someone at the exit when Lewis came off. It turned out that we all were in rats at the same time and all came off at the same time. After this we were all singing 'All the single riders!' :lmao::lmao:

Mark and Abbey then did RC, using the single rider line. DH, Lewis and I tried for parachutes but not open yet. So we went onto Cars instead, 5 min wait.

We walked back to Toy Story Playland to meet Mark and Abbey and the parachutes were now open. Lewis was happy to join the single rider line and we joined this line, 10 min wait, but we waited no more than 5 min. We all got on the same ride :thumbsup2.

Watched RC for a while and met up with the kids when they came off here. Getting close to our FP time but we didn't think there was any point joining the queue or waiting for our time, so we did the single rider line again, all singing as we went :laughing: Another great ride - love it :thumbsup2

The main queue was showing 60 min wait and all fast passes were gone, so I gave our fast passes to a family who looked a bit bemused, but thanked me anyway.

We left the Studios - bye, bye :sad2:

Headed to the Disneyland Park. Feeling peckish now we went in the Cable Car and sat down with some cakes and drinks.

Lewis had spooky cupcake

I had the halloween styled carrot cake

Mark had the cheesecake

DH and Abbey had chocolate muffins

It was lovely sitting in here - the booths and the lights are so nice.

Lewis wanted to do Autopia again so off we went. Everyone wanted to do this today. Half way through the queue the rain started again and we all go soaked on the ride. I went with Abbey, DH and Mark were together as Lewis was desperate to drive himself. I didn't take any photos, but DH was off first and managed to get this one of Lewis, he was so chuffed with himself :)

Next up was Buzz, 10 min wait

Lewis really wanted to BTM a final time. The FP time was too late for us so we took a deep breath and joined the 40 min queue line, hoping it wouldn't be so long. It was though....we passed time by playing the alphabet game, the theme of course being anything Disney :) We managed to get into the back of the train and had a fantastic final ride on here :thumbsup2

Had to have a final ride on Pirates too - thankfully only a 5 min wait

We left Adventureland and popped in to see Aladdin before we went

A last look at the castle

Love the picture of mark sitting on the chair outside Alice curious labyrinth !!
How many photos do you have of him sitting there ?
He's a man now but you still have all these great memories with him:lovestruc
Thanks for the tip re single rider thinking me and Adam may take turns doing this on our trip.
Xx

As we came out of Liberty Arcade I could see Pooh at the Boarding House photo point. Mmmmmm, would he be changing with Marie soon? It was 15.15 now and the schedule showed that the meet finished at 15.30, but I asked the CM anyway and to my delight he said that Marie would be out at 15.30 and then Pooh again at 16.00 :yay:

Lewis and I waited in the queue and I felt a bit bad as it was our last afternoon - I said to DH, but he said he was happy just to sit in Town Square, so we waited. I noticed that Marie's bow had unclipped but no-one else seemed to notice, so when it got to our turn, I said the the CM and she thanked me and fixed it.

Uggg - my eyes shut! But, turns out DH had taken photos on his phone too

There had been an American couple in front of me and I heard them saying that the bow and collar on Marie should pink - yes it should, but the orange is apparently her halloween costume :lovestruc

We did have reservations for Walts but we'd debated eating here the whole holiday. Everyone had really enjoyed the steak at Chez Remy, and it would either be steak or burgers at Walts for everyone, so not wanting to marr the memory of Chez Remy, we decided not to do Walts. The final vote was for Annette's again, so that's what we did.

It was about 4pm now, so we waved goodbye to the park (yes, we really did) and were seated quickly inside Annette's. DH, Abbey and I had burgers, Mark had a chilli hot dog and Lewis had the kids fish and chips. All really nice again, I'll put a review on the restaurant thread later

We were done in here at about 16.45 and had to be at the hotel to be picked up by 17.30. Should we risk trying to get on Ratatoullie for a final time? Yes - we would :banana:

Raced over to the Studios

This time the single rider line was showing 20 minutes. We joined anyway and didn't wait longer than 10 minutes

Again the ride was fantastic, a great way to finish the holiday :goodvibes

We left the Studios at 17.15 and walked quickly through the village and back to the hotel

I gave our luggage card to the bell boy and he brought them all outside for us - Ezyshuttle were already waiting, just behind the New York Taxi :thumbsup2

Bye, bye Hotel New York :)

We arrived at the airport in plenty of time, and made our way to Terminal 2D, gate 67 to relax in the seating area. Mark played the piano for a while, which delighted him and Abbey was thrilled to bits to see a charging station as her phone was just about out of batttery - a great idea for a public place

The flight was good and after landing at Liverpool we had a 4 hour drive ahead of us :sad: We finally landed in bed at around 2am UK time, 3am Disney time.

Final thoughts:
I think you can tell, we all had a fantastic time :thumbsup2 The Hotel New York did not disappoint again, we will be back. The parks look fantastic and Ratatoullie lived up to all our expectations, and more - as did Bistro Chez Remy.

The best part was that we were all together, having fun and really relaxing. Mark said he felt like he'd been there yesterday, even with a 3 year absence and Lewis absolutely loved going off with his brother and sister without us :laughing: I'm so lucky to have such great kids who get on so well despite the age differences - not a cross word the whole time (it's kind of like that at home too) and they all really get into the fun of things, posing for photos and stuff.

It's the best birthday treat I've ever had and all I can think about is the next trip :goodvibes

Thank you again to everyone on the Dis for great advice and tips :disrocks:

I've been smiling from ear to ear reading your TR and seeing all your brill photos Julie :wizard: - I suspect the 3 of us will be in that single rider line for the Ratatouille ride every time we're in the Studios in December :goodvibes.

Sounds like you had a great time :) I love the single rider tip, good idea for our very short trip :thumbsup2

Awww it's come to an end :sad2: but I have really really enjoyed reading along and looking at your amazing photos.....I said recently on facebook when doing a positivity challenge that to me Disney is as good as a drug or therapy (in my opinion lol) and reading this report was the same I laughed along and beamed as I read and it has got me in the mood for my trip big time! :thumbsup2

Well done and thank you so much for sharing :love:

Thanks for the single rider tip.....always anxious doing single rider but have to say it worked out great for parachutes on last trip and sounds like it might make the rat accessible too :banana: especially now dd is that bit older and more confident :thumbsup2

Wow a fab report Julie and its lovely to see you all enjoying every second.
Hope to see a shiny new ticker very soon :thumbsup2
I must say something struck me, I don't think I've ever seen a TR where anyone spent so much time in the Studios. Its lovely to see the Rat making so much more of WDS and it makes it a destination not a stop off. And thank you for the tip re the single rider line :goodvibes
Thanks for sharing Julie :flower3:

Love the picture of mark sitting on the chair outside Alice curious labyrinth !!
How many photos do you have of him sitting there ?
He's a man now but you still have all these great memories with him:lovestruc
Thanks for the tip re single rider thinking me and Adam may take turns doing this on our trip.
Xx

Too many photos to count :) It was great having him there. The single rider is the best kept secret ever - we've never considered it before due to Lewis' age, but he's fine with it now so we'll be sure to be checking out as many single riders as we can in future :thumbsup2

I've been smiling from ear to ear reading your TR and seeing all your brill photos Julie :wizard: - I suspect the 3 of us will be in that single rider line for the Ratatouille ride every time we're in the Studios in December :goodvibes.

Thank you Elaine - 'all the single riders - put your hands up!!'

Sounds like you had a great time :) I love the single rider tip, good idea for our very short trip :thumbsup2

Are you singing it yet?

Awww it's come to an end :sad2: but I have really really enjoyed reading along and looking at your amazing photos.....I said recently on facebook when doing a positivity challenge that to me Disney is as good as a drug or therapy (in my opinion lol) and reading this report was the same I laughed along and beamed as I read and it has got me in the mood for my trip big time! :thumbsup2

Well done and thank you so much for sharing :love:

Thanks for the single rider tip.....always anxious doing single rider but have to say it worked out great for parachutes on last trip and sounds like it might make the rat accessible too :banana: especially now dd is that bit older and more confident :thumbsup2

Thank you - being on the Dis really cheers me up too - I love that there are other people in the world who love all this stuff too :hug: Hope you have a wonderful trip :goodvibes

Wow a fab report Julie and its lovely to see you all enjoying every second.
Hope to see a shiny new ticker very soon :thumbsup2
I must say something struck me, I don't think I've ever seen a TR where anyone spent so much time in the Studios. Its lovely to see the Rat making so much more of WDS and it makes it a destination not a stop off. And thank you for the tip re the single rider line :goodvibes
Thanks for sharing Julie :flower3:

No ticker yet - will need to start saving hard as we spent a fortune on this trip just on food stuffs - but then we hardly bought anything else so I suppose it evens itself out. We always spend time in the Studios - the kids all really like it in there. I forgot to say that the stunt show was closed the whole time we were there, which wasn't on the schedule - Lewis is really into cars and wanted to see it again - so that's another reason we need to go back :thumbsup2

Fantastic report! You managed to fit so much in. That was a great discovery of the single rider line for Ratatouille; we'll have to try it ourselves. All of your Halloween pictures are getting me so excited!

Amazing TR Julie - loved reading every bit! :cloud9:

It has also made more excited for our upcoming trip although I know there will be nowhere near as much concrete/pavement showing on our photos :lmao:. It will be wall to wall people I'm sure!

I had a little laugh at how much you ended up being able to go on Ratatouille in the end!

Thanks for sharing it all with us :goodvibes.

Re another trip - well as the HNY will be closed for a while, a great way to save and means you can stay there when it's all nice and new ;)

AWESOME trip report! Loved reading it and looking at your photos - I feel like I have seen your family grow up through TR's! :rotfl:

I can't believe how much you got done - and ALL those trips on the Rat Ride! Wow!

Agree with everyone Julie - you have a lovely family - love how your happiness shines through your TRs. Thank you so much for sharing. :goodvibes

Fantastic report! You managed to fit so much in. That was a great discovery of the single rider line for Ratatouille; we'll have to try it ourselves. All of your Halloween pictures are getting me so excited!

Thank you - hope you have a great trip :)

Amazing TR Julie - loved reading every bit! :cloud9:

It has also made more excited for our upcoming trip although I know there will be nowhere near as much concrete/pavement showing on our photos :lmao:. It will be wall to wall people I'm sure!

I had a little laugh at how much you ended up being able to go on Ratatouille in the end!

Thanks for sharing it all with us :goodvibes.

Re another trip - well as the HNY will be closed for a while, a great way to save and means you can stay there when it's all nice and new ;)

Thank you - cannot believe that we didn't figure out the single rider thing before the last day :rotfl2:

AWESOME trip report! Loved reading it and looking at your photos - I feel like I have seen your family grow up through TR's! :rotfl:

I can't believe how much you got done - and ALL those trips on the Rat Ride! Wow!

Thank you - I love re-reading my tr's and it's so nice to see them grow at Disney.

Agree with everyone Julie - you have a lovely family - love how your happiness shines through your TRs. Thank you so much for sharing. :goodvibes

Thank you - glad you enjoyed reading along :goodvibes

Amazing tip - the ratatouille singlr rider info will be invaluable to us!
I spent a weekend in alton towers recently and it was great but I felt so strange not having a strategy. I had no idea which rides to hit at which time of day, how long a line was too long for certain attractions, whether it was worth using single rider. That must be how "normal" people feel at dlp! Thanks to you, I have no gaps in my DLP strategy knowledge lol

great trip report:thumbsup2

Thank you :)

Amazing tip - the ratatouille singlr rider info will be invaluable to us!
I spent a weekend in alton towers recently and it was great but I felt so strange not having a strategy. I had no idea which rides to hit at which time of day, how long a line was too long for certain attractions, whether it was worth using single rider. That must be how "normal" people feel at dlp! Thanks to you, I have no gaps in my DLP strategy knowledge lol

Hope you manage loads of rides :goodvibes

Just wanted to say :bday: Julie have a great day !!!
Looking forward to reading your next TR as always
Rachael xx

Just wanted to say :bday: Julie have a great day !!!
Looking forward to reading your next TR as always
Rachael xx

Thank you Rachael - so nice of you to think about me with all you've got going on this weekend :hug:

Hope you all have an amazing holiday :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter