Big Birthday Halloween at HNY

Hotel New York Sunday 12 October – Thursday 16 October 2014

The Cast
Me - Julie (39) – turning 40 soon!
DH - John (43)
DS1 – Mark (20)
DD - Abbey (17)
DS2 - Lewis (10)

My long anticipated 40th birthday trip is almost in sight and after a very busy few weeks I’m ready to start the planning phase :)

We were very lucky to be able to visit DLP twice last year, a summer trip followed by a last minute Christmas delight :santa:

Here are Abbey and Lewis from our December trip:

I’ll turn 40 later in the month of October and have been planning for years that I wanted to celebrate at DLP. Knowing that our school holidays would not be the same time, I’m happy to celebrate at DLP before my birthday ;) Our eldest DS, Mark, hasn’t been to DLP with us since summer 2011 so I’m really happy that we’'ll all be there together this year :cool1:

As usual I took a while to book up and finally took the plunge on the 2 days, 2 nights free deal. I had priced up our usual 3 nights at various hotels but it worked out more expensive by the time I added on an extra night somewhere to account for late flights etc, so as Hotel New York is the preferred hotel for us all, we decided to go for it and be at the same hotel for all 4 nights. So we have two rooms booked which keeps everyone happy with a bed each and two bathrooms. Hopefully we'’ll get connecting rooms if I email and call the hotel a few days beforehand.

Flights from Glasgow were so expensive as it’s our local school holiday week – almost £1000!! I searched online and found flights from Liverpool for just over £350 so booked them and as the flight isn'’t until late afternoon we'’ll just drive down in the morning. John from Ezyshuttle is booked to magic us to the park and back again :thumbsup2

I don’t have enough shares to renew my membership just now and it runs out at the end of September. I'’m still undecided as to whether I should buy more shares or not :confused3

We will arrive at DLP quite late on our first day and I think the park will be open until 9pm as it’'s a Sunday – so if traffic ok from CDG we might just make Dreams. I'’m ok about missing our first day as we’ll make up for it on the last day, leaving around dinner time.

I don'’t have our days or meals fully planned as yet, but am working on the following:

Sunday – arrive approx. 20:15 – dash to park to catch Dreams, then meal possibly Café Mickey where we’ve not been for years
Monday – EMH (of course) followed by Studios to check out Ratatoullie!! Might book in the tour of the Studios here too. Late lunch/dinner at Chef Remy Bistro. Evening in main park
Tuesday – EMH (again) all day between parks. Walts for dinner?
Wednesday – EMH (do you see a theme here?) Mark and Abbey would like a day trip to Paris (I’m not fussed) not confirmed as yet, will need to investigate – Dinner in Steakhouse?
Thursday – EMH (well, it is the last day) full day between parks, early dinner at Annette’s before being picked up at 17:30 from hotel for transfer to CDG

Things we’re looking forward to:
Ratatoullie
- the main excitement is all about Ratatoullie!! This is a family favourite and we’ve all been following progress on this since the first announcement was made. I love the look of the entire area, not just the ride itself and am so happy it’s a fast pass ride and we want to try the restaurant too
Halloween – 2010 was our last visit during Halloween and I’m really looking forward to seeing the pumpkin heads everywhere
Tour of the Studios – we did the main park last summer and really enjoyed this so will slot this in somewhere
Spiderman – not guaranteed to be extended, I know, but Lewis will be crossing all his fingers and toes that he’ll be able to meet him
The Lego Store – this was supposed to open a few days before our last trip, but didn’t. Again, another one of Lewis’ loves
Dreams – we’ve seen every version of Dreams so far and I still love this
BTM – finally, after years of persuasion, encouragement and bribery Lewis finally liked BTM on our last visit! Now we can all ride together instead of us taking turns sitting on the bench and viewing the available hats, guns and bandanas to purchase…..
Me not needing to go on Space Mountain or RnR with Abbey because Mark will be there – wooohoooo!!
Mark being there – it’s just not the same without him. There have been so many changes since he was there last. He hasn’t even seen the park without the stage at the hub, or seen Dreams!
Rides we’ve not done ever or for years – Snow White and Pinocchio we haven’t done since Abbey was wee (she never liked them) and none of us have ever done Stitch!

The summer seems to have flown by and I’m so looking forward to this trip! I’m off to read everything I can about Halloween now!

Last edited:
Almost forgot - my 'birthday treat' is for us to have Mickey waffles at Cafe Fantasia at DLH. Need to work that in somewhere :goodvibes

That all sounds wonderful Julie - room in your case for me :goodvibes?

Sounds awesome! I am so jealous of all these Halloween trips! And mickey waffles at DLH is a perfect birthday treat! :thumbsup2

Oh wow how exciting!
I've gained so much info from your trip reports and we're going to be staying at HNY for a couple of days whilst you are (we're there Fri 10th - Tues 14th) so if a crazy Australian lady says hi that'll be me!

PS we've also booked Ezyshuttle thanks to your good reports!

That all sounds wonderful Julie - room in your case for me :goodvibes?

Anytime Elaine :)

Sounds awesome! I am so jealous of all these Halloween trips! And mickey waffles at DLH is a perfect birthday treat! :thumbsup2

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it :goodvibes

Oh wow how exciting!
I've gained so much info from your trip reports and we're going to be staying at HNY for a couple of days whilst you are (we're there Fri 10th - Tues 14th) so if a crazy Australian lady says hi that'll be me!

PS we've also booked Ezyshuttle thanks to your good reports!

Glad they've been of some use to someone! I spend hours reading everyone's, including re-reading some older ones. You pick up some great tips :thumbsup2 - Please say hi if you see me!

Big Birthday Halloween at HNY

Hotel New York Sunday 12 October – Thursday 16 October 2014

The Cast
Me - Julie (39) – turning 40 soon!
DH - John (43)
DS1 – Mark (20)
DD - Abbey (17)
DS2 - Lewis (10)

My long anticipated 40th birthday trip is almost in sight and after a very busy few weeks I’m ready to start the planning phase :)

We were very lucky to be able to visit DLP twice last year, a summer trip followed by a last minute Christmas delight :santa:

Here are Abbey and Lewis from our December trip:

I’ll turn 40 later in the month of October and have been planning for years that I wanted to celebrate at DLP. Knowing that our school holidays would not be the same time, I’m happy to celebrate at DLP before my birthday ;) Our eldest DS, Mark, hasn’t been to DLP with us since summer 2011 so I’m really happy that we’ll all be there together this year :cool1:

As usual I took a while to book up and finally took the plunge on the 2 days, 2 nights free deal. I had priced up our usual 3 nights at various hotels but it worked out more expensive by the time I added on an extra night somewhere to account for late flights etc, so as Hotel New York is the preferred hotel for us all, we decided to go for it and be at the same hotel for all 4 nights. So we have two rooms booked which keeps everyone happy with a bed each and two bathrooms. Hopefully we’ll get connecting rooms if I email and call the hotel a few days beforehand.

Flights from Glasgow were so expensive as it’s our local school holiday week – almost £1000!! I searched online and found flights from Liverpool for just over £350 so booked them and as the flight isn’t until late afternoon we’ll just drive down in the morning. John from Ezyshuttle is booked to magic us to the park and back again :thumbsup2

I don’t have enough shares to renew my membership just now and it runs out at the end of September. I’m still undecided as to whether I should buy more shares or not :confused3

We will arrive at DLP quite late on our first day and I think the park will be open until 9pm as it’s a Sunday – so if traffic ok from CDG we might just make Dreams. I’m ok about missing our first day as we’ll make up for it on the last day, leaving around dinner time.

I don’t have our days or meals fully planned as yet, but am working on the following:

Sunday – arrive approx. 20:15 – dash to park to catch Dreams, then meal possibly Café Mickey where we’ve not been for years
Monday – EMH (of course) followed by Studios to check out Ratatoullie!! Might book in the tour of the Studios here too. Late lunch/dinner at Chef Remy Bistro. Evening in main park
Tuesday – EMH (again) all day between parks. Walts for dinner?
Wednesday – EMH (do you see a theme here?) Mark and Abbey would like a day trip to Paris (I’m not fussed) not confirmed as yet, will need to investigate – Dinner in Steakhouse?
Thursday – EMH (well, it is the last day) full day between parks, early dinner at Annette’s before being picked up at 17:30 from hotel for transfer to CDG

Things we’re looking forward to:
Ratatoullie - the main excitement is all about Ratatoullie!! This is a family favourite and we’ve all been following progress on this since the first announcement was made. I love the look of the entire area, not just the ride itself and am so happy it’s a fast pass ride and we want to try the restaurant too
Halloween – 2010 was our last visit during Halloween and I’m really looking forward to seeing the pumpkin heads everywhere
Tour of the Studios – we did the main park last summer and really enjoyed this so will slot this in somewhere
Spiderman – not guaranteed to be extended, I know, but Lewis will be crossing all his fingers and toes that he’ll be able to meet him
The Lego Store – this was supposed to open a few days before our last trip, but didn’t. Again, another one of Lewis’ loves
Dreams – we’ve seen every version of Dreams so far and I still love this
BTM – finally, after years of persuasion, encouragement and bribery Lewis finally liked BTM on our last visit! Now we can all ride together instead of us taking turns sitting on the bench and viewing the available hats, guns and bandanas to purchase…..
Me not needing to go on Space Mountain or RnR with Abbey because Mark will be there – wooohoooo!!
Mark being there – it’s just not the same without him. There have been so many changes since he was there last. He hasn’t even seen the park without the stage at the hub, or seen Dreams!
Rides we’ve not done ever or for years – Snow White and Pinocchio we haven’t done since Abbey was wee (she never liked them) and none of us have ever done Stitch!

The summer seems to have flown by and I’m so looking forward to this trip! I’m off to read everything I can about Halloween now!
Soooo excited to read this PTR Julie not long for you now :cloud9:
All the kids going again too perfect take lots of pics in all those places we love :)
Looking out for updates !!
Xx

Cant think of anywhere better to celebrate a big birthday ;) and so lovely that your whole family will be there :grouphug:

Love the HNY too and thats where I had my celebration too :thumbsup2

The waffles at the DLH will be such a lovely treat - enjoy.....looking forward to following along with your plans!

Wow Julie, what a great birthday trip you have planned :cool1:
Don't forget to get your birthday sticker from City Hall too.
I am so looking forward to this TR! And I would love to hear about the WDS tour if you do it. Lewis will love The Lego Store, its great. The Lego pictures on the walls are amazing.
And Stitch is my favourite show, sure to provide lots of chuckles.
Ooh and if you could squeeze me in with Elaine in your case ;)

Soooo excited to read this PTR Julie not long for you now :cloud9:
All the kids going again too perfect take lots of pics in all those places we love :)
Looking out for updates !!
Xx

I'm beyond excited to have us all there again together :cheer2:

Fabulous - following along!!!

C x

Thank you :thumbsup2

Cant think of anywhere better to celebrate a big birthday ;) and so lovely that your whole family will be there :grouphug:

Love the HNY too and thats where I had my celebration too :thumbsup2

The waffles at the DLH will be such a lovely treat - enjoy.....looking forward to following along with your plans!

Mmmm, I can almost taste them already - also another lovely excuse to visit the DLH and the shop :rolleyes1

Wow Julie, what a great birthday trip you have planned :cool1:
Don't forget to get your birthday sticker from City Hall too.
I am so looking forward to this TR! And I would love to hear about the WDS tour if you do it. Lewis will love The Lego Store, its great. The Lego pictures on the walls are amazing.
And Stitch is my favourite show, sure to provide lots of chuckles.
Ooh and if you could squeeze me in with Elaine in your case ;)

I wasn't sure about getting a Birthday sticker as it's not actually my birthday - feel like a bit of a cheater :scratchin however we are thinking of making one of the days my 'official birthday' a bit like the Queen :rotfl: That'll be they day we go for waffles at the DLH :)

Very excited about the Lego store - I'm sure all Lewis' money will go in there :thumbsup2 And yes, room in my case for all who want to come :goodvibes

I emailed DLP this week to book our Studios tour and have confirmed this for our first full day, Monday at 3pm :thumbsup2 I did ask for 11/11:30 slot but they said only available at 3pm, not sure if earlier was full or just not on.

So, we'll make Monday a full Studios day, after EMH and breakfast. We did similar during our December trip and I really enjoyed spending the whole day in one park. No doubt we'll park hop at some point, but it felt so relaxed to wander from ride to ride in the same place.

We had a Disney day last Sunday and watched Tangled (even Mark!) and got all hyped up about our visit :hyper: I think we've decided on the following restaurants:

Sunday evening - EOS or if we are really hungry Parkside after Dreams
Monday - Chez Remy - hopefully can get last sitting at 17:00ish
Tuesday - Walts
Wednesday - still discussions....maybe Parkside or Blue Lagoon or Rainforest
Thursday - Annettes before getting picked up for airport

The kids have talked themselves out of going into Paris for the day which I'm secretly very pleased about :cool1: They may go to Val d'europe one afternoon instead as Abbey just wants to shop, which I cannot really be bothered with. I'll be happy in the park with Lewis if DH wants to join them too. I was talking about this at work the other day and said that I felt we'd 'done' Paris (been there for one day :lmao:) to which my colleague laughed and asked, have I not 'done' DLP too :rotfl2:

I need to decide whether to buy more shares to renew my shareholders membership. Honestly, we usually only visit Salon Mickey once or twice each visit. It's the discounts that I prefer it for. Cannot decide what to do :confused3

Also - we have 1 suitcase booked for the flight. This is usually fine for 4 of us, but with DS1 coming too, I think we'll go over our weight allowance. I know we can all have a carry on bag, but I don't have any that are suitable, so thinking of just adding another case onto the booking instead of me having to pack 5 lots of hand luggage - decision to be made soon..

I have a few things on my do do list:

Ask John at Ezyshuttle for paypal link and get this done - I like having this paid before we go
Make final decisions on restaurants and book - may do this tomorrow
Decide if I want to buy extra shares to renew shareholder membership
Decide if another case is required
Check in online for the flight - can't do until 12 September
Book airport parking
Check we all have international roaming on our phones - changed provider on some last year so will need to check

I've also just set up Twitter properly so that I can get all updates about the parks. I don't really know what i'm doing with this :confused3 which is a bit ridiculous really as I work in telecomms :rotfl2: I'm sure i'll get the hang of it.

Off to read some more about halloween and everyone else's plans :goodvibes

I emailed DLP this week to book our Studios tour and have confirmed this for our first full day, Monday at 3pm :thumbsup2 I did ask for 11/11:30 slot but they said only available at 3pm, not sure if earlier was full or just not on.

So, we'll make Monday a full Studios day, after EMH and breakfast. We did similar during our December trip and I really enjoyed spending the whole day in one park. No doubt we'll park hop at some point, but it felt so relaxed to wander from ride to ride in the same place.

We had a Disney day last Sunday and watched Tangled (even Mark!) and got all hyped up about our visit :hyper: I think we've decided on the following restaurants:

Sunday evening - EOS or if we are really hungry Parkside after Dreams
Monday - Chez Remy - hopefully can get last sitting at 17:00ish
Tuesday - Walts
Wednesday - still discussions....maybe Parkside or Blue Lagoon or Rainforest
Thursday - Annettes before getting picked up for airport

The kids have talked themselves out of going into Paris for the day which I'm secretly very pleased about :cool1: They may go to Val d'europe one afternoon instead as Abbey just wants to shop, which I cannot really be bothered with. I'll be happy in the park with Lewis if DH wants to join them too. I was talking about this at work the other day and said that I felt we'd 'done' Paris (been there for one day :lmao:) to which my colleague laughed and asked, have I not 'done' DLP too :rotfl2:

I need to decide whether to buy more shares to renew my shareholders membership. Honestly, we usually only visit Salon Mickey once or twice each visit. It's the discounts that I prefer it for. Cannot decide what to do :confused3

Also - we have 1 suitcase booked for the flight. This is usually fine for 4 of us, but with DS1 coming too, I think we'll go over our weight allowance. I know we can all have a carry on bag, but I don't have any that are suitable, so thinking of just adding another case onto the booking instead of me having to pack 5 lots of hand luggage - decision to be made soon..

I have a few things on my do do list:

Ask John at Ezyshuttle for paypal link and get this done - I like having this paid before we go
Make final decisions on restaurants and book - may do this tomorrow
Decide if I want to buy extra shares to renew shareholder membership
Decide if another case is required
Check in online for the flight - can't do until 12 September
Book airport parking
Check we all have international roaming on our phones - changed provider on some last year so will need to check

I've also just set up Twitter properly so that I can get all updates about the parks. I don't really know what i'm doing with this :confused3 which is a bit ridiculous really as I work in telecomms :rotfl2: I'm sure i'll get the hang of it.

Off to read some more about halloween and everyone else's plans :goodvibes
Love you are like the queen 2 birthdays :goodvibes
Will you be tweeting from DLP ?
I have twitter but don't tweet but read everyone else's :)
Your Super sorted Julie only meals to book really.
I would need another case we don't travel light that's the great thing about the Eurostar if you can carry it take it lol.
It's a hard one re shares I thought about them this year yes salon mickeys great but for what we need a dream Ap better.
Can not wait to read your trip report they are always great !!
Not long till we are 40 now don't know if we should be happy or sad ??!
X

Love you are like the queen 2 birthdays :goodvibes
Will you be tweeting from DLP ?
I have twitter but don't tweet but read everyone else's :)
Your Super sorted Julie only meals to book really.
I would need another case we don't travel light that's the great thing about the Eurostar if you can carry it take it lol.
It's a hard one re shares I thought about them this year yes salon mickeys great but for what we need a dream Ap better.
Can not wait to read your trip report they are always great !!
Not long till we are 40 now don't know if we should be happy or sad ??!
X

I've never sent a tweet either - will need to get the hang of it as i'm sure all the halloween stuff will start popping up soon :)

I think I will go with another case, saves so much hassle.

We always stay on site and end up getting a discount on room/tickets so I don't think an AP would benefit us at all - we'd be as well buying the shares. I just cannot make my mind up about it. The thought of not having my card to flash makes me so sad :(

I've been reading all my old TRs to get me in the mood, and they all sound the same - but then I do like routine, I suppose all us planners do :rotfl2:

Kind of looking forward to my birthday - don't feel 40 at all, I feel just the same as I did when Mark was born 20 years ago. I think someone must have added it all up wrong :lmao:

I've never sent a tweet either - will need to get the hang of it as i'm sure all the halloween stuff will start popping up soon :)

I think I will go with another case, saves so much hassle.

We always stay on site and end up getting a discount on room/tickets so I don't think an AP would benefit us at all - we'd be as well buying the shares. I just cannot make my mind up about it. The thought of not having my card to flash makes me so sad :(

I've been reading all my old TRs to get me in the mood, and they all sound the same - but then I do like routine, I suppose all us planners do :rotfl2:

Kind of looking forward to my birthday - don't feel 40 at all, I feel just the same as I did when Mark was born 20 years ago. I think someone must have added it all up wrong :lmao:
I would go for the case and the share Julie hay you only turn 40 once ;)
Hey all the trip reports are part of your life you had happy disney times that's all that matters !!!!
They are all great :goodvibes
Me you both I'm only 25 really !!
Going to do a mini update in my PTR
X

It's all coming together for you :-D. We must be all the same I still feel 25 years old sometimes give myself a fright when I look in the mirror ;-)

Go for the shares for your big birthday treat!!

I didn't realise ezyshuttle do PayPal would be very interested in hearing how that works....be great to have that sorted before I go too ;-)

We were very bold this year and booked a case each ;-)..... May have to get a few bits while there to justify that one! Lol

It's all coming together for you :-D. We must be all the same I still feel 25 years old sometimes give myself a fright when I look in the mirror ;-)

Go for the shares for your big birthday treat!!

I didn't realise ezyshuttle do PayPal would be very interested in hearing how that works....be great to have that sorted before I go too ;-)

We were very bold this year and booked a case each ;-)..... May have to get a few bits while there to justify that one! Lol

If you want to pay using paypal, just email John at Ezyshuttle and ask for a link. He'll send you a Paypal invoice you just click on and then pay using your paypal account. I've always done it this way - I just like to know it's all organised before we go :goodvibes

Another taker for the 25 club :wave:

I'd go with an extra case too. More room for nice new cups and other necessities that you just have to bring home!
Val D'Europe is huge but worth a look. Theres a great shop that does unusual underwear and nightwear and some great make up shops. But if you dont go Julie make sure the kids bring you back pastries from Pauls bakery. Heaven!

I love reading DLP tweets, such a handy way to see whats going on. What are you usernames and I'll follow you both?

Another taker for the 25 club :wave:

I'd go with an extra case too. More room for nice new cups and other necessities that you just have to bring home!
Val D'Europe is huge but worth a look. Theres a great shop that does unusual underwear and nightwear and some great make up shops. But if you dont go Julie make sure the kids bring you back pastries from Pauls bakery. Heaven!

I love reading DLP tweets, such a handy way to see whats going on. What are you usernames and I'll follow you both?

We all 'did' the shopping mall last summer, but really I grudge being away from DLP at all when we're there, so I think I'll leave them to it :rotfl:

Username for twitter....mmmm...I don't really know :laughing: I think it might be @julie3hill?

We all 'did' the shopping mall last summer, but really I grudge being away from DLP at all when we're there, so I think I'll leave them to it :rotfl:

Username for twitter....mmmm...I don't really know :laughing: I think it might be @julie3hill?

I hear you! I love shopping but its not such an attractive option when you could be on BTM!!
Haha I'll have a look for you ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter