Big Birthday Halloween at HNY - PTR

Lovely reading your PTR Julie. Although it makes me realise I have a lot to do in the next 5 weeks!!

Sounds like you are going to have an amazing time, and lucky you going the week before the English and French schools are off! :thumbsup2

I bet Mark will see some huge changes!

Abbey & Lewis are getting soooo big btw! :)

I'm sure you'll manage to plan like a pro ;)

I'm really hoping for low crowds - similar dates in 2010 and the parks were very manageable :thumbsup2

Kids are beyond excited now - Mark won't recognise the place :lmao:

Ooh just caught up! Loads done now Julie, have you started putting bits in cases?
I took your advice and watched Hercules, it was brilliant! The kids loved it too :thumbsup2

Nothing in cases as yet. My OCD gets the better of me and if I start packing too early, I end up taking it all out again a couple of days before to make sure i've not forgotten anything :rotfl: So, I'll pack all in one go :)

Yaayy that you loved Hercules - I love all the singing :thumbsup2

Sorry Dirty Dancing disappointed - hopefully that's all the disappointments over for a while. :)

We did enjoy it, but I don't think it translates well on stage - its a definite movie only kind of film :) I'm loving the DLP planning - keeps me happy for most of the time :goodvibes

I'm sure you'll get loads done in a day - once you've been before you certainly get the feel of things and how to get around :)

True. I just feel like I'll be so disoriented with the Halloween stuff.

"No, kids, I don't think we're going the right way. I swear that pumpkin wasn't there last month..." :lmao:

Hi Julie I'm still reading along :thumbsup2
I'm with re dirty dancing we saw it a few years ago I found it hide your head cringe.
I love the west end as some of you know Matilda great I could watch le mis everyday it's fab !!
Hope you got that bag booked Julie ???

Not long now xx

Just caught up, sounds like you have an amazing trip planned! :cool1:

Thanks, I can't wait :cool1:

True. I just feel like I'll be so disoriented with the Halloween stuff.

"No, kids, I don't think we're going the right way. I swear that pumpkin wasn't there last month..." :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl: - The park looks fantastic with the decorations :thumbsup2

Hi Julie I'm still reading along :thumbsup2
I'm with re dirty dancing we saw it a few years ago I found it hide your head cringe.
I love the west end as some of you know Matilda great I could watch le mis everyday it's fab !!
Hope you got that bag booked Julie ???

Not long now xx

Loads of people at work said that Dirty Dancing was the one thing they just didn't 'get' at the theatre, shame as such great songs.

Yes, case is all booked on and I have to say that I feel so much more relaxed about it. Also, as we have 2 rooms it means I can put all of Mark and Abbey's stuff in one case so it goes into their room.

I'm also going to do two lots of toiletries, one for each bathroom so we don't need to run back and forth with the toothpaste :rotfl:

Lewis is loaded with the cold and has such a cough, has been barking away all night. I've got him tucked up on the couch watching Bug's Life, great film, and he has plans to watch loads more today - so a wee Disney day I think :)

Aristocats is definitely in my plans this weekend too - need to be prepared in case we get to see Marie :goodvibes

It's a holiday weekend in Glasgow so he was off school yesterday and again on Monday. I'll be at home on Monday too, so a nice start to the week ahead.

Hope everyone has a nice Disney themed weekend :)

Poor Lewis, hope he enjoys his Disney movie day and feels better soon. I loved A Bug's Live and also Antz - know it wasn't Disney but came out at about the same time. :)

With my big American holiday out of the way, my next trip is DLP! So pleased that you're going back before we are, can't wait to see your trip report in October :thumbsup2

Brilliant planning - you're so organised!

Poor Lewis, hope he enjoys his Disney movie day and feels better soon. I loved A Bug's Live and also Antz - know it wasn't Disney but came out at about the same time. :)

He's perked up thanks :) Yes, I remember Antz too, great film :thumbsup2

With my big American holiday out of the way, my next trip is DLP! So pleased that you're going back before we are, can't wait to see your trip report in October :thumbsup2

Brilliant planning - you're so organised!

Hi Lisa :wave2: good to see you in planning again :goodvibes

We finally managed to watch Aristocats this weekend which I loved so much - hope we get a chance to meet Marie :lovestruc Also watched Frozen (again :lmao: ) and have lined up Ratatoullie for this coming weekend :thumbsup2

I'm hoping that my shareholder card comes in the next 10 days...I know I've got the temp certificate, but I REALLY want the card ;) We're just at about 3 weeks now - what are the chances?

Dug out all the scarves and gloves now and washed and ready to pack. I've also been putting away the things I know Lewis will want to wear so I don't have to wash and iron them again before we go - his fav clothes are all hidden in my wardrobe :lmao:

Soooo excited for tomorrow, the launch of all the Halloween stuff - I think I'm going to be glued to youtube for the next 12 days....12 days!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

12 days Julie! That flew!
You are so well sorted now and those next 12 days will fly.
Love Aristocats too, such a great film. And its lovely to see more rare characters out for meets at DLP.
I'm glued to insideDLP and dedicated to dlp for news. The brambles in the courtyard look so cool!

This week was another busy week - at the Hydro to see Still Game on Wednesday night which was hilarious, and then a full day of travel on Thursday with my work - planes, trains and automobiles....I was up from 4.30am and didn't get home and into bed until after midnight. I was like a zombie on Friday :confused:

But I have managed to fit in some Disney planning - toiletries all sorted into two bags for us and everything ready to pack :)

We watched Beauty and the Beast, Enchanted and Ratatoullie this weekend to get in the mood :cool1: and I've been glued to youtube as expected to see all the Halloween stuff.

I have the day off work tomorrow as I need to go to the dentist. Some of you may recall that I was really sick with toothache for our summer trip, so I'm trying to be a big brave girl and go to the dentist when I need to. I really do not do well with the dentist so I just plan to go, come home and put my feet up. If I'm ok in the afternoon then I'm going to start some packing. Or I might just watch another Disney movie ;)

So excited :dance3: only 7 sleeps to go :cheer2::cheer2:

This week was another busy week - at the Hydro to see Still Game on Wednesday night which was hilarious, and then a full day of travel on Thursday with my work - planes, trains and automobiles....I was up from 4.30am and didn't get home and into bed until after midnight. I was like a zombie on Friday :confused:

But I have managed to fit in some Disney planning - toiletries all sorted into two bags for us and everything ready to pack :)

We watched Beauty and the Beast, Enchanted and Ratatoullie this weekend to get in the mood :cool1: and I've been glued to youtube as expected to see all the Halloween stuff.

I have the day off work tomorrow as I need to go to the dentist. Some of you may recall that I was really sick with toothache for our summer trip, so I'm trying to be a big brave girl and go to the dentist when I need to. I really do not do well with the dentist so I just plan to go, come home and put my feet up. If I'm ok in the afternoon then I'm going to start some packing. Or I might just watch another Disney movie ;)

So excited :dance3: only 7 sleeps to go :cheer2::cheer2:

How did the dentist go Julie ?
Whist did you end up watching ?
Not long now !!!

How did the dentist go Julie ?
Whist did you end up watching ?
Not long now !!!

It was fine - I'm such a wuss :rotfl2: I ended up watching Mary Poppins and then pottering around the house later :thumbsup2

How's your packing coming along holiday buddy???? lol

C x

Very well thank you :)

I've turned into 'mental mum' as I always do in the run up to our trips :hyper: I've managed to round up everyone's chosen items of clothes (not easy when they're 20,17 and 10) and have everything packed with the exception of a pair of jeans that Mark HAS to wear tomorrow. So there will be more of that to be done :laundy:

Just need to make final decision re footwear and jackets/hoodies to pack which will be weather and baggage allowance dependent :upsidedow

All snacks are packed, toiletries done, my bag with passports/tickets etc all done too. I need to download photos from the camera and charge that and the camcorder.

I think I might be just about done :cheer2:

Lewis' parents night tonight at school and I'm working late tomorrow night - cannot wait until Friday is here and I can finish everything off. I always like the day before we go to be a quiet, stress free day - so hopefully I can visit my gran as usual on Saturday and enjoy Strictly on Saturday night and not be running around like a maniac :lmao:

Also, forgot that I need to pick up Euros on Friday - which I'll do at lunchtime when at work.

I also sent an email to DLP today to request inter-connecting rooms and 2 double beds in each room. I also mentioned that it will be my birthday celebration :rolleyes1 They replied very quickly to say that they'd noted my request and sent over to the HNY. They advertised that we can buy a birthday cake at restaurants etc. I've emailed them before requesting rooms etc and never had a reply before so hopefully this means that they have actually sent it over to HNY - I might even call the hotel to make sure :)

Hope you have a brilliant holiday, Halloween is fab and the decorations are wonderful :)

Say Hi to Mickey and Gaston for me!

You are so well organised Julie. I get calmer once the clothes are out of the way. Thats the bit I always dread because something vital always goes walkabouts.
I just watched Strictly for the very first time and it is brilliant! Jake is surprisingly quick on his feet!
Hope the next few days are very relaxed and at least the dentist is out of the way :thumbsup2;)

Sounds like it's all coming together now Julie :cool1:.

Glad to hear your dentist trip wasn't too bad - Mary Poppins is always a great one to life your spirits!

Although we are only away 2 nights, I am dreading packing already - I can't decide if I am going to tell the girls about the trip, and then packing becomes a nightmare as we aren't living at our house atm due to building work, all the things I'd need to take away are at the house, packed up! So, it's going to be an extra challenge. Fortunately I've only paid for one suitcase - so it's not like I can go mad with things! ;)

I really hope HNY do register your birthday somehow :dance3:.

Hope you have a brilliant holiday, Halloween is fab and the decorations are wonderful :)

Say Hi to Mickey and Gaston for me!

Thank you - I'll be sure to wave for you :wave2:

I just watched Strictly for the very first time and it is brilliant! Jake is surprisingly quick on his feet!
Hope the next few days are very relaxed and at least the dentist is out of the way :thumbsup2;)

I love Strictly - almost as much as I love DLP :thumbsup2 I have a lovely light in my living room that looks like a glitter ball and we always put it on when we watch and have a dance around :rotfl:

So glad the dentist is out of the way, for now.....I need to go back the week after we get back :sad1:

Well you are just super mum! So well organised!

I hope the next few days go smoothly xx

Thanks, I'm more like mental, crazy mum....according to my kids.

Sounds like it's all coming together now Julie :cool1:.

Glad to hear your dentist trip wasn't too bad - Mary Poppins is always a great one to life your spirits!

Although we are only away 2 nights, I am dreading packing already - I can't decide if I am going to tell the girls about the trip, and then packing becomes a nightmare as we aren't living at our house atm due to building work, all the things I'd need to take away are at the house, packed up! So, it's going to be an extra challenge. Fortunately I've only paid for one suitcase - so it's not like I can go mad with things! ;)

I really hope HNY do register your birthday somehow :dance3:.

Thank you. I'll be delighted just to get connecting rooms though, that's all I'm looking for.

I'm sure you'll manage to pack ok - just go in and don't come out again until you've got everything :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter