Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer Coming to Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort in 2018

dina444444

DIS Veteran
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...disney-district-at-disneyland-resort-in-2018/

Known for its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes, Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will open its first California location in the heart of Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resortnext year.

Black Tap is creating a customized concept for its Downtown Disney District location, which will feature indoor and outdoor seating. The burger and beer joint will be set in a casual atmosphere reminiscent of a classic American luncheonette, but with a distinctly New York vibe.

Black Tap’s menu will include burgers ranging from the classic All-American to The Vegan Burger. In addition, their specialty “CrazyShakes” will boast whimsical and over-the-top decorations and flavors, such as The Cotton Candy Shake and The Bam Bam Shake.

Construction is scheduled to begin soon, across from Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar.

Prices look quite reasonable too :) We may well check it out if it's open by October 2018 :)

We are starting to see the strategy. Disney got tired of too many people hanging out in DTD and not spending. Parking has gone from 3 hours free to two and now to no hours free. But you get 5 hours with table dining. Obviously they need more dining. Looks like it will be more a restaurant row concept

When they get here they will charge 20 bucks for a cheeseburger without fries. Go to the Burger Parlor in Fullerton. Cheaper and probably a lot better.

Oh great, another trendy "crazy milkshakes/burger/beer" place. It will be closed within 5 years. Places like this are popular for a year or two and then people get bored with them.

This place has no appeal to anyone who doesn't like burgers.

But that's a pretty large portion of the population. I'm not familiar with this particular chain, but burger specialty places seem to have done well in my town, which is also tourist-centered. It wouldn't be my first choice personally but I expect it will do ok.

Oh great, another trendy "crazy milkshakes/burger/beer" place. It will be closed within 5 years. Places like this are popular for a year or two and then people get bored with them.

And beer... and milkshakes. It's done very well in New York City, I'm sure it will do just fine in Anaheim. I'm not sure what you mean by 'another trendy milkshake/burger place' as there are none like that near me. I wish there was ! But my waistline... probably not so much.

I love unique food, but this sounds great too-and I don’t think there’s anything like it in downtown Disney. My kids, especially my picky eater, would love.

And beer... and milkshakes. It's done very well in New York City, I'm sure it will do just fine in Anaheim. I'm not sure what you mean by 'another trendy milkshake/burger place' as there are none like that near me. I wish there was ! But my waistline... probably not so much.

This is the new, hip thing. There are several in Orlando and also they are popping up all over southern California. None of them are ever good enough to justify the prices.

Prices look quite reasonable too :) We may well check it out if it's open by October 2018 :)
I must be a cheapskate. Those prices look expensive to me. I've been to Umami Burger and The Oinkster. I enjoyed the food but haven't been back because it always felt wrong to pay so much for basically burgers and fries.

Ah, but will the prices remain the same or will they be 'Disneyfied'?

I've been to the midtown one as its near our NYC office, walking distance. I thought the prices were already steep as a SoCal native. Everything in Manhattan os overpriced, so I guess maybe they are already "Disnified" maybe thats why Disney picked them.

It was good. I got a regular burger, one co-worker got the bison burger and he said was really good. Personally I prefer Super Duper burger from San Francisco, better burgers and shakes, and you can get burger fries and shake there for the price of one of these burgers.

Prices are a bit high but similar to places like it near where I live. Any clue on when it is supposed to open?

Well those are already Disney prices on that menu. $15-$19 just for a hamburger. $8-$15 for a milk shake. I'll pass. There's a couple of similar fancy burger places in our neck of the woods and I think it's really overrated. You're easily looking at over $100 not including tip for a family of 4 if you just get the $15 hamburgers and everybody gets an $8 milk shake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter