Blue bayou- no soup or salad?

I just hope they don’t reduce the size even further for the F! Lunch menu...
At least finishing everything up won’t be a problem I guess. After reading about how filling a Monte Cristo (used to be?) is supposed to be I was a little worried about being able to fully appreciate the dessert...

No cost for an extra plate to share. I had worded it that we wanted to split, to each get a starter and sides, but the waitress said the MC doesn't come with a starter, and at most the sides would be a few grapes.

We've only had the Cafe Orleans version of the MC in the past, and the one we got at BB was significantly smaller than that. Not sure if that has always been the case. I was glad my husband also ordered a salad for himself and that we were served a bread basket, because I'd have been really unhappy to leave without feeling full, for the amount we paid for our family of 6.
Good to know. I’m eating at BB one day, and the next day cafe Orleans. I guess I’ll try the Cafe Orleans MC !

The idea you can’t order just app and desert makes me sad. I’ll never forget when I was a kid after begging year after year my parents finally let us have lunch at the Blue Bayou. They ordered just soups or for themselves and I remember realizing as we sat there we couldn’t afford this place and how nice it was they were sacrificing a little so I could eat at “Pirates of the Caribbean”. It may have been my first adult moment :D

I guess it’s all moot cause my family wouldn’t be able to set foot in the Disneyland of today anyhow... or at least not once a year as we did.

We ate there last summer and I was surprised that the filet included a salad. That’s not typical at Disney. Have to say, one of the best meals I ever had.

We will be doing the F! dinner package, but I suspect it will be a one and done thing for us. I also plan to eat at Cafe Orleans, where I will be getting the 3 cheese Monte Cristo. We will probably get surf and turf at BB. It's even more of rip off for us, since DS is 12 and will probably only eat the steak on the surf & turf. According to Disney though, he's an adult:rolleyes: He won't even touch the vegetables/sides or the starter included in the package. He's really picky. I guess we'll be wasting a bunch of food or getting pretty full. Oh well, I'm not going to DLR to save money:rotfl2:

Another somewhat off topic question... can kids who are considered adults order from the kids menu during regular dining?

To everyone unhappy with the changes going on at BB: please send in your comments (calm and detailed) to Disney. Use the "contact" link at the bottom of the DLR webpage. State clearly why these changes matter to you, how they affect your DLR experience, and how things could be better. It really can make a difference for management to know how guests feel about these changes, and not all Disney employees read these boards. I've been told that Disney knows that every comment that gets sent in probably represents about 40 other guests who didn't write in. So send in those comments to let management know that these changes matter and don't go unnoticed!

FWIW even if BB portions have shrunk they’re more filling than NR! To price compare with NR you need to add sides...

I completely disagree. I just ate at Napa Rose and couldn't finish my whole steak. It was HUGE! It also came with sides of potato and veggies. All I had was a salad as an appetizer, too. Portions have been pretty large for us at NR. We often split a main and a side.

They can if I remember correctly, adult portion and charge. We always eat there on every trip. Very relaxing for me to watch the boats float by and listen to the crickets.

Jack

Yes. But they increase the portion and the price.

Thank you! My teens are more likely to eat off the kids menu than the adults menu. I don’t mind paying more I just don’t want to pay for food they won’t eat!

I completely disagree. I just ate at Napa Rose and couldn't finish my whole steak. It was HUGE! It also came with sides of potato and veggies. All I had was a salad as an appetizer, too. Portions have been pretty large for us at NR. We often split a main and a side.
Crazy, we would have starved splitting! Admittedly we did not order steak.

Crazy, we would have starved splitting! Admittedly we did not order steak.
I have noticed that the seafood and pasta/vegetarian dishes are usually really small. We always go for the steak or beef option and it's always at least an 8-12 oz portion, which is plenty for us since we always share the truffle mac and cheese as well as dessert and an app.

To everyone unhappy with the changes going on at BB: please send in your comments (calm and detailed) to Disney. Use the "contact" link at the bottom of the DLR webpage. State clearly why these changes matter to you, how they affect your DLR experience, and how things could be better. It really can make a difference for management to know how guests feel about these changes, and not all Disney employees read these boards. I've been told that Disney knows that every comment that gets sent in probably represents about 40 other guests who didn't write in. So send in those comments to let management know that these changes matter and don't go unnoticed!

Thanks for the suggestion. I just sent in my comment.

We plan and budget our trips very well so it make no difference to us what they do. I have a philosophy, we do not go if we cant pay the price and enjoy the time. Disney will change nothing, and the price will keep going up and just try to get a walk-in, most the time it does not happen at opening, maybe later in the evening.

Jack

Last edited:
It makes me sad that Disney is more interested in pleasing shareholder then they are guests. Starting to see it more and more. :(

So was there ever a definitive answer on just ordering soup/desert?
Thanks and Sorry if I missed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter