Boma at AKL - Melange Salad

maleficent1959

<font color=FF0033>200,000 DIS'ers can't be wrong.
EGYPTIAN MELANGE SALAD

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

1 small Onion, diced
2 each Apples, diced
1 each Tomato, diced
1 small Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 small Cucumber, sliced
2 T. Olive Oil
2 each Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped fine
¼ cup Orange Juice
2 T. Lime Juice
1 t. Honey
To taste Salt and Pepper

Method:

Mix all the ingredients together and marinate for at least one hour.

OK - Now I'm confused :confused: :confused: (I know, nothing new there!) For some reason I thought this is what was in the Kool Salai. I don't think I have that one. Would you post that one too? Sorry!

I was too stuffed to eat this one, but my DH says it was delicious.

KOOL SLAAI

Yield: 15 servings

Ingredients:

¾ pound White Cabbage, shredded
¾ pound Red Cabbage, shredded
3/8 pound Carrot, shredded

Dressing
¾ pound Mayonnaise
1/8 pound Sugar
1/8 quart White Vinegar
3/8 ounce Mustard Seed
To taste Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Check seasonings and adjust as needed.

Thanks! Kool Slaai is the one DH said he liked - but I didn't try it. I was the one who ate the Melange Salad. Wasn't Boma's the best?!?!?!

BTW - You said you were creating a scrapbook of the recipes for DH. Are you using photos you took, or clip art that you've found? I'm working on a box of recipes for my son's fiance. It started out to be his favorites, but seems to be mostly things from Disney at the moment! :) I've been putting small clip art on the cards for Disney recipes. . . so I'm always looking for new sources!

Thanks again!

d

The recipe book is all Boma recipes. He loves eating there and so I thought he would like it. I'm using photos from the resort as well as die-cuts, stickers (maybe), and clip art. The paper is all African-themed. Don't know what I'll do for a cover yet. I think it might look cool wrapped in raffia. It's my first attempt. My mom and sister have produced exquisite scrapbooks, as does one of my best friends, so I figure I can beg them for help.

What a wonderful gift to your future DIL. I know she and your son will both love the gift.

My problems is that I can't remember half of what I ate at Boma. I do remember that I loved almost everything though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter