Booked but still on the fence?

monica9

DIS Veteran
Looking to see if others are on the same page. For those that are booked until end of 2021, are you planning on going no matter what or are you booked but waiting to see if things change eg. discounts, park hour extension, fireworks, masks,
We are booked with another family and waiting until last minute to make our decision. I’d like to go but can’t see spending all of this money without getting more out of it. I know threads like this have been posted a dozen or more times but I’m curious on if you booked but will without a doubt cancel if things haven’t changed before your full payment is due.
our thoughts are if the family we are going with decide they would rather wait then we will go to universal since Atleast there are good deals.
thanks

We're booked for July, we're going, but we're pretty sure we will not return again until there's a full return to pre-COVID offerings. I am not talking about masks - don't want to start a fight and have no problem wearing them - but the reduced experiences/offerings and long lines that I've been reading about here are a bummer. We'll see what our experience is but I'm pretty sure we're in the "losing FP+ was a bad thing" camp, and that alone may prevent us from returning if it never comes back. We'll see.

I've got a May 2021 tripped booked that I am going on. But I had multiple trips planned for this year and next. I wanted to get a new Annual Pass and go 5 times off of it. But if I can't get the AP I'll probably cancel the trips for this year and maybe try for an AP in 2022.

Between missing so many normal things that WDW offers and having to buy multiple 10 day passes it's just not worth it for me.

Booked for late July. Tentatively planning to go, since our teens will be vaccinated. But I am terrified of increased capacity and long lines. If there is no return of Fastpasses (or a substitute) and no After Hours events, and I’m seeing reports of miserable lines with no opportunity to avoid them, I think I will pull the plug.

We are booked for August (after moving from last August). I'm very close to calling and moving it to next year. Forget that I'm from out of country and the thought of isolating when we get home. It is also my friend's first (and only) trip and to spend all that money to get less (no fireworks alone) wouldn't make sense.

Just curious the people who are deciding to go this year, are you from the US or another country?

We are going back for a second time since reopening in a few weeks. If you are people who ride a lot of rides and aren’t focused on the shows, parades, and characters, it’s a great time to go. If the other three things are most important to you, then you are better off waiting. This time isn’t the best time for everyone. It works out well for my family.

Looking to see if others are on the same page. For those that are booked until end of 2021, are you planning on going no matter what or are you booked but waiting to see if things change eg. discounts, park hour extension, fireworks, masks,
When we booked in March, we were on the fence. At this point, we are pretty locked into going. Frankly, there is little availability for the rest of the year, and certainly nothing close to the low price we are paying for a standard room at a value resort at the end of August with 2 free days of park tickets. For us, we don't mind the things that are missing, we just want to be there. The only thing we would be disappointed in is not being able to ride Rise of the Resistance. Plus, with the Food and Wine Festival and the Boo Bash happening while we are there, it's already more than we were expecting! However, I like that we still have flexibility to cancel, in the event something changes beforehand.

We’re still booked for July, but we are canceling. The way we enjoy WDW involves staying Deluxe, only one room, and we end up spending between $8,000-$10,000. We are taking a beach vacation instead, 2 ocean view deluxe rooms at the Margaritaville Resort for half the price. I don’t think that we will return to WDW until my DD’s wedding in the next couple of years or so. I see no point spending so much money on a less than perfect experience.

We snagged a very cheap room at BWV for a week in Sept and used low points for a flight. Hotel $720 and 2 flights $22rt are the only reason we even considered going back now. Without those discounts we would’ve waited for a more typical experience. Its not that visiting now in necessarily bad... it just doesn’t compare to the full experience. Not ready to spend a crazy amount yet. Tickets & food will still get us 💵 lol.

We are booked this summer. If it wasn’t for my husbands and boys excitement about Star Wars, we’d skip it. I feel there is way too much missing and the price doesn’t reflect that. My family loves to ride rides and I’m more of a parade, show and firework girl myself. I’m afraid I’m going to be disappointed.

also, l really thought masks outside would be gone before l arrive. Now that it doesn’t look like it, I’m a bit disappointed.

all in all, I’m sure I’ll enjoy myself. It’s our first stay at the contemporary so I’ll very excited about that portion.

we are also headed to the beach (rented a condo) for five days after our Disney portion. If things were different in Disney, we’d have likely stayed longer. I’ve never done only a 5 day (4park days) trip before and I’m afraid I’ll feel rushed. I just could not justify the cost for what they are offering though,

We are booked for August but not sure if it will happen. Our biggest hindrances are closed border and mandatory quarantine upon returning home.

It’s too early for us to decide as so much can change in 3 months. Just like last year, waiting until closer to our dates to decide.

Already been once and going back.
We've taken this as an oppurtunity to do things differently. First choice resort closed - so we went somewhere new to try. Same with dining options. Not waiting for shows/parades gave us time to do more exploring of all the magic and details in the park we normally miss while we fly by park commado style going to the next ride. Counting down the days until our next booked trip. I just wish the mega cheap flights would have held out a little longer. :earsboy:

Going in July with my 2 adult daughters. We are from the US. (Someone a few posts back had asked). I am fortunate enough to have gone many times. We like the rides and food, and I like spending time with my kids. I don’t think it’s a good idea to go if you’ve never been before.

Going in July with my 2 adult daughters. We are from the US. (Someone a few posts back had asked). I am fortunate enough to have gone many times. We like the rides and food, and I like spending time with my kids. I don’t think it’s a good idea to go if you’ve never been before.
Like you, we've been many times too.

I agree. If someone has never been before, now is not a good time to go. Too many modifications to what's normal for someone to get a good feel of what WDW is like.

We went last august and decided we would not return until all this is over. The parks have half the shops and food places closed and combined with no meet and greets, no shows, no fireworks, etc, they had a shuttered feeling to them. We did ride a ton of rides but that was before the crowds came back. Now we have gotten ourselves roped into a school trip for my daughter but we are staying offsite and have cut Disney parks to two days. Minimal. We will not do a full trip again until they feel normal. It’s not worth it.

My son & I are going mid-June and staying 10 days at CBR. We go every summer but we canceled last summer because of all the uncertainty with Covid. My son is going away to college in the fall, therefore this trip is his high school graduation gift. The only reason why I am going is because my son really wants to go. I am also on the fence but I will not disappoint my son. One thing we are not doing is going to the parks every day we are there. We are staying at CBR but we will be traveling outside Disney for entertainment. For example, some of the days we are going to Universal. I feel let down by Disney. Just how I feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter