• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boorish behavior

Besides, sometimes putting a "limit" on will encourage people to buy up to that limit, which can be a marketing tool. So, sure I was only going to buy one towel, but since there's a maximum of two, maybe I'd better have the set.

We where on the same cruise from Miami and someone moved our belongings during our lunch time, although there where plenty free spots on the beech. Never experienced that before on a Disney cruise. Did anyone experience a difference in guests behavior when sailing from different ports? We sailed mainly from Vancouver and Port Canaveral before and I had the impression that there is actually quite one, may be a coincidence.

Honestly this was on DCL for not putting a limit on the number of pins one could buy. These guys were definitely greedy, but within their rights. Would I have ever done anything like that no, and honestly I wouldn’t have confronted them either, but complained to DCL about their sales policy for these exclusive pins.

I agree that a limit on the pins would have prevented the situation. On the other hand I do not get it why some people do not consider about others. It´s the pin here or eg taking all the last Mickey waffles on the buffet there ore simply cut lines on the elevators. It is simply not possible to rule anything.

So I have a (kind of) a funny story about boorish behavior on DCL - these episodes occurred on the now infamous 2005 Inaugural Panama Canal cruise on the Magic from Port Canaveral to Long Beach (called Castle to Castle :).
Anyway, Disney announced it would be releasing - on the first night - some Artist Choice pins in the store - one of which featured Ariel. My daughter, who was 12 at the time, really wanted one of those pins so we went to the store when it opened to buy one. Well, a line had already formed and two men in the line were holding those shopping baskets on each arm (and they were standing in line - I'm mentioning that as there is a part two to this story later on), and each basket was absolutely full to the brim with pins. What they had done was taken every pin, including those Artist Choice pins, off the the rack and put them in their baskets. Another man came up to them and said, "you've taken every single pin and not left any for others (like the children) to buy for their souvenir. So one of the men holding baskets said "Disney doesn't put a limit on how many we can buy so we are within our rights to buy them all-and we are going to be trading them so come see us in the lobby to trade for one" - so the guy who was complaining to them got really mad and said, "there's no way you are using at least 300 pins for trading - you're selling them on Ebay" so this heated conversation goes on for awhile - and the mad guy says - let's meet up on the Goofy deck and "have this out".
By now cast members are agape as we aren't even two hours into a two week cruise and passengers are in a fight over pins - the kids in the shop are in shock as are most of we parents - my daughter starts crying when she realizes she won't get that pin - what a mess. So a very sweet cast member goes in to the back and gives my daughter the Ariel pin that she had purchased for herself - and wouldn't take anything for it.

So the two guys did buy all the pins - no fight occurred but a lot of yelling and profanity.

A few days later some of my friends and I were waiting with other passengers to enter the theater for a show and I'm recounting this story to them (as they had heard rumors and were curious what happened)-all of a sudden one of those two "shoppers" got up out of the wheelchair he was sitting in -since I guess he overheard me - and walked over to me and started yelling at me that they were going to use those pins for trading blah blah. One of my friends gets in his face and says, bulls@@t, you're selling them on ebay - we saw the listings. Anyway, the guy backs down and goes back to his wheelchair - then everyone started calling me a miracle worker since I got the guy to walk so he could come over and yell at me lol!!

And that's my story about boorish behavior haha!

All I can say is wow! But you best watch out, you might be considered for Saint-hood or some Nobel prize for getting the infirmed to walk again! :crutches::worship::rotfl2:

I agree that a limit on the pins would have prevented the situation. On the other hand I do not get it why some people do not consider about others. It´s the pin here or eg taking all the last Mickey waffles on the buffet there ore simply cut lines on the elevators. It is simply not possible to rule anything.

I don’t get that either, and I wouldn’t do it. With collectibles though I think it brings out the worst in some, because they can make decent money reselling items on eBay. Those guys may have paid for another cruise with the profit.

We try to be considerate as much as possible hoping it is returned in the long run:)

We where on the same cruise from Miami and someone moved our belongings during our lunch time, although there where plenty free spots on the beech. Never experienced that before on a Disney cruise.
Never heard of that either. However, last time on CC, somebody put towels and books on a cluster of 4 hammocks in the morning and then left for hours. I seriously doubt those belongings were still on the hammocks whenever they returned.

I don’t get that either, and I wouldn’t do it. With collectibles though I think it brings out the worst in some, because they can make decent money reselling items on eBay. Those guys may have paid for another cruise with the profit.

We try to be considerate as much as possible hoping it is returned in the long run:)

Have you ever seen the things on sale on Ebay? The best is the shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion and bath bars...... I can't get over the nerve of people asking for $$ on free toiletries...........

Have you ever seen the things on sale on Ebay? The best is the shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion and bath bars...... I can't get over the nerve of people asking for $$ on free toiletries...........

That seems like a lot of time and effort to make a few dollars.

We were on the DCL WBPC cruise eight years ago. Passengers were camped out in front of the shops waiting to purchase pins -- specialized pins for each port visited, one pin available each day, and of course they ran out early and there was some price gouging going on. Sorry, but my time is more valuable than that. A week after we got home, a complete set of pins showed up on ebay, at the regular price. Fortunately, DCL wised up and put limits on the pins.

We were on the DCL WBPC cruise eight years ago. Passengers were camped out in front of the shops waiting to purchase pins -- specialized pins for each port visited, one pin available each day, and of course they ran out early and there was some price gouging going on. Sorry, but my time is more valuable than that. A week after we got home, a complete set of pins showed up on ebay, at the regular price. Fortunately, DCL wised up and put limits on the pins.

Very glad they did this, the lines for the Hawaii pins weren't that long and we got ours after the lines had gone away. For us they were a nice to have but not a must have. One of the sets is in a shadow box we made from that trip:)

So I have a (kind of) a funny story about boorish behavior on DCL - these episodes occurred on the now infamous 2005 Inaugural Panama Canal cruise on the Magic from Port Canaveral to Long Beach (called Castle to Castle :).
Anyway, Disney announced it would be releasing - on the first night - some Artist Choice pins in the store - one of which featured Ariel. My daughter, who was 12 at the time, really wanted one of those pins so we went to the store when it opened to buy one. Well, a line had already formed and two men in the line were holding those shopping baskets on each arm (and they were standing in line - I'm mentioning that as there is a part two to this story later on), and each basket was absolutely full to the brim with pins. What they had done was taken every pin, including those Artist Choice pins, off the the rack and put them in their baskets. Another man came up to them and said, "you've taken every single pin and not left any for others (like the children) to buy for their souvenir. So one of the men holding baskets said "Disney doesn't put a limit on how many we can buy so we are within our rights to buy them all-and we are going to be trading them so come see us in the lobby to trade for one" - so the guy who was complaining to them got really mad and said, "there's no way you are using at least 300 pins for trading - you're selling them on Ebay" so this heated conversation goes on for awhile - and the mad guy says - let's meet up on the Goofy deck and "have this out".
By now cast members are agape as we aren't even two hours into a two week cruise and passengers are in a fight over pins - the kids in the shop are in shock as are most of we parents - my daughter starts crying when she realizes she won't get that pin - what a mess. So a very sweet cast member goes in to the back and gives my daughter the Ariel pin that she had purchased for herself - and wouldn't take anything for it.

So the two guys did buy all the pins - no fight occurred but a lot of yelling and profanity.

A few days later some of my friends and I were waiting with other passengers to enter the theater for a show and I'm recounting this story to them (as they had heard rumors and were curious what happened)-all of a sudden one of those two "shoppers" got up out of the wheelchair he was sitting in -since I guess he overheard me - and walked over to me and started yelling at me that they were going to use those pins for trading blah blah. One of my friends gets in his face and says, bulls@@t, you're selling them on ebay - we saw the listings. Anyway, the guy backs down and goes back to his wheelchair - then everyone started calling me a miracle worker since I got the guy to walk so he could come over and yell at me lol!!

And that's my story about boorish behavior haha!

I blame Disney for this! They should have put a limit on how many a single person can purchase -- which can be monitored through their onboard account. Letting someone clear the racks of pins and buy them all is beyond ridiculous -- and bad customer service for the other guests who never got a chance to get one! When we sailed the Med in 2007, they actually gave us forms to fill out in our stateroom for the pins we wanted for all the ports -- and the limit was two per person. It was great because they charged our stateroom and delivered our pins to the room -- we never had to go to the store or experience the hoarders!

We were on the Fantasy last week. We've never had a problem with this before, but on this cruise people were really bad about saving large amounts of seats in the theater. For the Aladdin show, we arrived shortly after 8:00, just after the doors were opened. We wanted to get seats towards the bottom center. We proceeded to make our way to some rows only to discover that people were saving entire rows! Like 8, 9, 10+ seats. We kept trying several rows, only to be told that all the seats were saved. By the time we tried several rows, the entire front center was filled and we could barely find a seat even in the lower section on the far side. We saw a lot of other entire row savings for other shows, but Aladdin seemed to be the most crowded/popular show. Of course we could have made a fuss and just sat down, but then we would have to sit next to someone we just pissed off, so that would be awkward. We just wanted to enjoy the show. I wish cast members would help out.

We were on the Fantasy last week. We've never had a problem with this before, but on this cruise people were really bad about saving large amounts of seats in the theater. For the Aladdin show, we arrived shortly after 8:00, just after the doors were opened. We wanted to get seats towards the bottom center. We proceeded to make our way to some rows only to discover that people were saving entire rows! Like 8, 9, 10+ seats. We kept trying several rows, only to be told that all the seats were saved. By the time we tried several rows, the entire front center was filled and we could barely find a seat even in the lower section on the far side. We saw a lot of other entire row savings for other shows, but Aladdin seemed to be the most crowded/popular show. Of course we could have made a fuss and just sat down, but then we would have to sit next to someone we just pissed off, so that would be awkward. We just wanted to enjoy the show. I wish cast members would help out.

Me too.... they don't get involved usually, but they really should, IMO.
But I have seen them when someone pulls a camera out during the show, they race down that aisle quick as a flash. They pop out of nowhere!

This bothers me a lot and it happens too often.
Same goes with lounge chairs at the pools, the adult area and CC with the hammocks.
it happens all the time and DCL has to do something about it.
When I go to the gym around 8am I sometimes see 80% of the adult area with shoes/sandals/towels on the chairs, walk around the same area after lunch and a lot of those chairs are untouched with same shoes/towels.
Some ppl are just rude and inconsiderate, I know its a fact of life but it still bothers me especially when something can be done about it.

This bothers me a lot and it happens too often.
Same goes with lounge chairs at the pools, the adult area and CC with the hammocks.
it happens all the time and DCL has to do something about it.
When I go to the gym around 8am I sometimes see 80% of the adult area with shoes/sandals/towels on the chairs, walk around the same area after lunch and a lot of those chairs are untouched with same shoes/towels.
Some ppl are just rude and inconsiderate, I know its a fact of life but it still bothers me especially when something can be done about it.

And considering you paid the same (or maybe even more) fare than they did and are entitled to the same amenities! Disney knows these are problem areas and need to position cast members there to keep the peace and fairness!

Last edited:
Me too.... they don't get involved usually, but they really should,

We were on the Wonder in November. For the Frozen show, a CM was coming through talking to people who were saving seats saying he'd give them a few more minutes for the people to arrive but when he came back around, they'd have to give them up. Guess who never seemed to come back around?

We were on the Wonder in November. For the Frozen show, a CM was coming through talking to people who were saving seats saying he'd give them a few more minutes for the people to arrive but when he came back around, they'd have to give them up. Guess who never seemed to come back around?

Wow! of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter