Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

I am here now at Boulder in a 1 bedroom 4th floor on woods side. Love the room and this refurb. Minor issue of door sticking to bedroom. Shower leaked. Will report at some point. Other observation is the barstools are kinda high to the counter. And conversely the gold bench is low (table hits above my chest and I am 5’5”). But WL is fantastic as always. Love that Murphy. We had one night at Copper Creek and that pull out couch was such a PITA with 4 cushions to stack and a flat mattress.
Did they add a foot shelf in the shower for shaving?

Also confirming renovations 100% complete and all rooms occupied.
So all of the renovations are fully complete? Where did you hear that from? I chatted with a Disney rep today (who admittedly sounded rather uninformed) but she said that work was slated to continue into next year.

So all of the renovations are fully complete? Where did you hear that from? I chatted with a Disney rep today (who admittedly sounded rather uninformed) but she said that work was slated to continue into next year.
All of the rooms are done and all construction activity has ended. There are no areas of the building blocked off any longer, all of the common areas are complete (repainted, new carpet, new upholstery of furnishings). While we were there in early March, CM's were going through placing the 100th Anniversary coffee table books in every room, and the last workmen were going through picking up small punch list items (touching up paint and caulking, fixing scratches, adjusting hinges, etc.).

Last edited:
Maybe the CM was confusing BRV (which is complete) with BCV (refurb begun but delayed) and/or BWV (refurb to begin in fall, we think, and continue into 2024). Too many "Bs"!

Well if you like BCV, you might want to dust them off again as progress there is put on hold lol!
To me, the difference is that they started BCV and stopped most likely due to factors beyond their control. The BRV refurb was purposely delayed by DVC so that both PVB and VGF could jump way ahead in line, despite BRV needing refurb much more than either of those much newer DVC resorts.

To me, the difference is that they started BCV and stopped most likely due to factors beyond their control. The BRV refurb was purposely delayed by DVC so that both PVB and VGF could jump way ahead in line, despite BRV needing refurb much more than either of those much newer DVC resorts.
You may be right about the reasons, but we have not been told that officially which if it is the case would be nice if they would at least let that be known publicly, and now BC itself has moved ahead of BCV. It was bad enough that we lost our fans and jacuzzi tubs (without bubblers replacing them as in some other resorts) during renovations previously. And just a little wary about how DVC/Disney handles things at times - such as what you referrenced they did to BRV(also our home.)

I'm not seeing anything about refurbishment of Beach Club hotel rooms. The only work currently announced is for the villas.
Hmm maybe I am mistaken, but I thought I remember reading somewhere that beach club proper was being refreshed now. If not, thank you for clarifying this and I gratefully :worship:stand corrected!

Just got back from a short pre-cruise stay at Boulder Ridge. We were in a 5th floor studio (5521) with the slanted walls, so the sofa bed was an actual sofa bed (and not the Murphy sofa bed).

Everything was nice and new. It does seem very “sterile” and less “woodsy” with the white walls and really nothing like the “old” rooms (our last stay there was before they added the 5th sleeper). But it looks nice overall and was very bright in the room (and we had one of those rooms with the enclosed balconies facing the pool). Still had the new carpet smell in the hallways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter