Brazil - the next likely pavilion

Not to get political...but the ONLY country hands clean from persecution in their history is Canada...

...I'm taking a class on the history of Arrendale...so I'll get back to you on that.

And Cambodia is a no...Thailand would be the only possibility on that peninsula...and Malaysia and Indonesia would make a heck of a lot more sense as well.

I don't want to get into detail but I can tell you that Canada has done some horrible things in our history. Not nearly as bad as some other countries but I can still think of war crimes major human rights violations and the like. Look up Canada and Somalia together.

I don't want to get into detail but I can tell you that Canada has done some horrible things in our history. Not nearly as bad as some other countries but I can still think of war crimes major human rights violations and the like. Look up Canada and Somalia together.

I'm sure it's similar to Los Estados Unidos...the systematic hammer on the indigenous...

...but we have the CIA...so
Therefore suck more ;)

Not to get political...but the ONLY country hands clean from persecution in their history is Canada...

...I'm taking a class on the history of Arrendale...so I'll get back to you on that.

And Cambodia is a no...Thailand would be the only possibility on that peninsula...and Malaysia and Indonesia would make a heck of a lot more sense as well.

Actually, Canada had a fairly terrible record with their Native American boarding schools, so nope, they're in it is as well. And also, technically still part of Commonwealth, right? So guilt through association there too.

I wouldn't object to Malaysia, Indonesia, or Thailand, but I was thinking specifically of recognizable "fantasy" structures, and Thailand would be the only one to qualify there. A Disney version of king and I, maybe? Or has Disney done one? Although Thailand would probably object, so no...

Actually, Canada had a fairly terrible record with their Native American boarding schools, so nope, they're in it is as well. And also, technically still part of Commonwealth, right? So guilt through association there too.

I wouldn't object to Malaysia, Indonesia, or Thailand, but I was thinking specifically of recognizable "fantasy" structures, and Thailand would be the only one to qualify there. A Disney version of king and I, maybe? Or has Disney done one? Although Thailand would probably object, so no...

Yeah...we're just late night spitballing anyway.

Right now the hopefuls believe that we are 10 days away from new countries being announced...based on the theory that "eventually that one will come true"

But that's just it: this rumor has happened so many times that from a statistical standpoint it's almost mathematically impossible to trust...like 99% against.

So it's highly probably we will act like none of this ever happened in 11 days and go back to gondola talk.

It's hard to believe they'll dump as much cash into Epcot right now but it's a wait and see.

On other front: this mornings business papers are talking about the "other" disney tv problem: the disney channels are collapsing as well...and that the stock is heading south...predictions are of at least a 10% drop...that's to be watched as well.

Parks are never just about parks.

Last edited:
Going the route of Frozen and Arendelle....

....we could also do the North Pole and have year round Santa-land :P

Actually...I called my congressman and he's drafting legislation to pass a federal law requiring that disney use unsuccessful properties if they want to do fake lands in epcot...

So forget Brazil...Treasure Planet, Lone Ranger Land, and John Carter World are gonna be announced at the comic con in 2 weeks...they're still working on the prices for the fireworks viewing parties though...stay tuned.

It would have made sense when the tour groups were still rolling in.

Now that they are in their deepest economic depression in their history, maybe not the right time?

Maybe they are working on a new SA advertising campaign, "Look, we built you a brand new pavilion, see if you can borrow some money to come and see it!"

Now that they are in their deepest economic depression in their history, maybe not the right time?

Maybe they are working on a new SA advertising campaign, "Look, we built you a brand new pavilion, see if you can borrow some money to come and see it!"
I'm not sold that that's who they're targeting honestly. Why would they pay thousands of dollars to go to Disney and wanna visit a kitschy recreation of their home?

I am so excited (probably wrongly) for D23 announcements next week. Epcot is my favorite...ok, tied with AK...and I love that it is getting some action.

As far as countries, with there being 8 available plots according to that old map, I would like to see:

• Russia
  • Greece
  • New Zealand
  • South Africa
  • India
  • Some Caribbean island
  • Somewhere from South America...not Brazil (but will take Brazil if that is what they are offering!)
  • Thailand

I don't think it's aimed at the tour groups either way. They're teenagers. They're not spending their own money, and the marketing their tour group companies do probably matters more than any marketing Disney does.

I'm not sold that that's who they're targeting honestly. Why would they pay thousands of dollars to go to Disney and wanna visit a kitschy recreation of their home?

I just can't think of why'd they want to throw Brazil in there, now.

There's about 14 things that need to happen to EPCOT to get it up to par, IMO.

Adding a small new country pavilion is no where on that list.

But I guess when F&W dictates your operation, having a new spot to dole out drinks and food probably makes the most "sense".

I don't think it's aimed at the tour groups either way. They're teenagers. They're not spending their own money, and the marketing their tour group companies do probably matters more than any marketing Disney does.

Yea..

Perhaps the employees of the Brazil pavilion will be dressed as tour groups so we don't "miss" seeing them there anymore.......

I just can't think of why'd they want to throw Brazil in there, now.

There's about 14 things that need to happen to EPCOT to get it up to par, IMO.

Adding a small new country pavilion is no where on that list.

But I guess when F&W dictates your operation, having a new spot to dole out drinks and food probably makes the most "sense".

It's one of those things that is probably a wild rumor anyway.

I honestly don't see them tackling a large project in that form. Even if they were going to pour money into Epcot, I don't think it would be world showcase. I think they'd start with the empty buildings. Showcase is kind of a dead idea that would probably need reviving before adding a country.

It's one of those things that is probably a wild rumor anyway.

I honestly don't see them tackling a large project in that form. Even if they were going to pour money into Epcot, I don't think it would be world showcase. I think they'd start with the empty buildings.

I'd hope they'd start with the empty buildings.

I wouldn't even care if they wanted to turn one of the empty buildings into Brazil...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter