Breakfast at Kona.....let's grab a table!!

Wow 2x, that stinks that so many of your clients cancelled yesterday. I hope your mom is doing OK. Is she in pain with her hips or do they just sort of lock-up? (if that makes sense) How fun for your dad to spend some time in Florida. Esp that everyone got to see him. I hope he and your grampa have a safe trip home.

Blake will be home a week from Friday, the 27th. He said yesterday how long the trip was. He said he always forgets just how long it really is. I think it is 21 hours. That is how long it used to take us to drive to WDW.

I have really been thinking about Florida lately. Everything is reminding me of stuff we have done or I am dreaming about all the things we are going to do.
I realized lately that we are going to miss a lot of birthdays while we are there this year. We are going much later than usual because of football. We are going to miss my sister's husbands birthday (Big deal:rolleyes1 ) but also my nephew and 2 of my neices birthdays as well. I guess I will have to make it up with great gifts :thumbsup2

Lilly and I ran to the store this morning. I bought a new comforter and an aluminum water bottle for work. Then we went to Toys R Us. Lilly loves to play with her dollhouse. Well not with the house but will all the people and the furniture. I have been looking for new family members for her. We found quite a few today. She was still playing with the boxes when we got home until Briana distracted her long enough for me to put them in the attic. She came back into the living room and looked very confused. But luckily at this age she forgot about them fairly quickly.

She loves Disney videos lately. I can not find our old VHS copy of Beauty and the Beast anywhere. I must have loaned it out. I really want her to see it. I have looked at Blockbuster to rent it but it is never there. I don't think they really have a copy. I managed to get her one on eBay. I can't wait for it to get here. My plan is to give it to her for her birthday but I don't know if I can wait.:cool1:

Lesa..I hear you have been painting up a storm. When you get done my bedroom could use it. We have lived here for almost 22 years and I have NEVER painted our room. Pathetic:rolleyes:

Yep Briana just turned 21!!:headache:

YM...It's like Kenny goes in spurts...goes a long time on "green" and then BAM!... yellow, red etc... for a few weeks:headache: guess he gets his moods like we all do:rotfl:
His teacher has been there since um.... forever ago and expects a whole lot more out of them. I've heard so many complaints, but her dh is a principal at another school, so...I guess they put up w/her

oh your poor DS not getting Red Lobster for his birthday. We know all about that, Kenny wanted Melting Pot but that is in Columbus:laughing: No way dude!!
ahh the head is much better, thanks!! now all I think about is that I got 2x's "dream" wrong and thought it was real:rotfl2: see what happens when you DIS w/a headache:rolleyes1

Donna...W/ the darn headache, I forgot Kenny was off Mon and today:rolleyes1 until Mike mentioned it was Pres. day..duh! oops and they had today as a waiver day
Thanks for a wonderful breakfast. Sorry your weekend was all games. WOW 50-2...I bet they did start letting the "less experienced" play some. That is cool. Too bad their foot was on the line, I bet that 3 pointer would have made that kids year!

wow, I bet those 6 girls were beat!!

Yeah, my mom and her fiance walked in a few minutes before us. Moms df totally forgot the situation, and says "oh, did you know your dad was coming"OOPS and he says "well, this should be interesting":laughing: Mom whispered it in my ear when I walked in, so we just headed to the opposite corner. Thankfully it was so unbelievably crowded...it was alright. We had to walk past their table to be seated too, but it was good. It reminded us of one time we were out w/friends and we noticed his ex-wife and her dh across from us:eek: for sure! but, we just ignored them and all was fine then too
I definitely didn't feel like taking him to the tournament, and thankfully he didn't even mention it til today. he says "hey, we missed my wrestling tourn., why did we do that?":laughing: I just said it was on Sun. and I had an awful migraine, and his reply was "oh, ok". I don't think he was real worried either way thankfully.

Yep, great memory! Kenny will be 8 Thursday!!!:woohoo: No plans yet really. I'm thinking a trip to Kalahari soon or something? Not sure, well, guess it depends on his darn behavior!!

Michele.. glad to hear Blake made it to Bejing safely. That would be so awesome. I'd love to go to the park where the Panda's are, you can feed them and get your pics w/them!! Darn travel channel makes me wanna go everywhere but here:laughing:
Oh NOOO, sorry to hear about your comforter!!!
Yeah, I went to ***. school and wouldn't attempt to color my hair myself either!!
Glad Matt's ticket is free, that is awesome!!

Off all week:woohoo: :yay: that is great!! Omg I bet Lilly is too adorable playing w/her dolls!

Hey there 2x... yeah, I forgot it was a dream:rotfl: :rotfl2: can you tell I wasn't dealing w/a full deck that day. That might be normal, but it was even worse than usual:laughing: I bet your dad had a great time away! Sure sounds fun about now!!

sorry you had so many clients cancel!! I'd come if I were closer!!!

Kenny ordered chicken tenders, says their crab legs aren't too good. You have to crack them yourself:lmao: The waitress looked at him like he had 3 eyes when he asked for his side to be broccoli:rotfl: but I added 1/2 lb. King crab to my order:yay: they were very tasty, but I admit, I prefer them when they're cut in half. That is how we get them at home, so we're a little spoiled. Mikes buddy orders them for us by the 10 lb box that he delivers to restaurants:cloud9: Mikes son just happened to be there. Mike refuses to go to any family gatherings or anything where they'll be there. He doesn't want to create a scene and isn't worth getting anyones blood pressure up, so I understand where he's coming from and we don't go. That's why we've gone away for Christmas the past two years, easier and happier that way for all. Sad, but...guess you'll have that.

yeah, thanks...I AM feeling better!!

I hope your mom is feeling better. I bet she does have some major pain w/both replacements:guilty:

Michele... 21 hours is a really long time, and it only takes us like 16 to get to WDW. I know Mike talks about the long trips "across the pond" being really long and really bad b/c you're packed like sardines w/soldiers all around you and no way to get comfortable to safe your life. I couldn't do it!!

That is too cute Lilly loves the Disney videos! Some are really hard to get b/c they put them in the "vault" for seven years at a time or something like that... Gotta LOVE ebay! they're a lifesaver!

Briana just turned 21!!! Wow, tell her Happy Birthday for us!!:yay:

Hello Maureen!! Hope all is well for you!

Hey there Lesa! Hope you had a great Valentines day! Sorry, don't wanna keep you from painting:laughing: come on down when you're finished ;)!!

Today Kenny was loving life, Mike was at school and it was just us! We headed out for a nice lunch at Logans, it was great! then Toys r us..bad move...spent way too much $ letting him pick out a few B-day things OOPS!! Then Old Navy, why is it I return a shirt that was for Mike for V-day and was too small (they only have 2x and is too small! ) and end up spending $60 on Kenny!!but we were having a great time..headed to Meijer for groceries. Again spent too much. W/Mike there I'm sure we would have spend 1/2 the amount, but hey...you'll have that! Then Target and Best Buy looking for an "action replay" for Kennys DS. Best Buy had one YAY! So, Kenny can't wait to use it. Great day for sure. Now tomorrow we'll be back up to Cleveland for the day. Mike just had a epidural in Dec or Jan and didn't take or something, so we gotta go back up there after we drop Kenny off at school!

I better get Kenny in the shower! You all have a great day and take care!!!!

A Belated Birthday wish for our Young Prince!!
pirate-cake.jpg

Hi Michele...thanks for the birthday wishes. DS loves to take a peak on the DIS boards if he catches me on the computer. Congrats to Matt on his double over-time win...how exciting. Woohoo, a free dance ticket...I guess his date wasn't the girl that got picked?;) How is Blake adjusting to the time change...I bet that is tough. Sorry to hear about your comforter...I'm always cramming mine into the washer. We were off Friday and Monday. Do you always get a week off in February? Yes, my youngest DS is the one that seem to beat his own drum the most. I'm sure it will get worse. Ok...grey hairs??? I guess I'll just keep those blonde highlights so I can't tell the difference! Hmmm...Ozzy Osbourne...you better wait for an appointment.:scared1:

ozzy-osbourne.jpg

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Linda......Is Kenny's birthday sometime in February? If I remember correctly the Big 8 is just around the corner!!
Hope your migraine has disappeared and you're feeling better.

YM...... Are you having your son's party at your house, or did you rent somewhere? I know he'll have a wonderful time.
Yeah, the score for the game was pretty high. I think the other coach told them to kind of cool it, but it's pretty hard to get that across to 10 year olds sometimes.

Hi Miss Donna...thanks for the Mickey waffle! Wow, you remember everything...especially those b-days!:worship: DS is having a paintball party...I can't wait. I tried to bribe him with a 'nice' gift but he insisted on a paintball party...a mom's dream.:rolleyes1 It's going to be cold outside. Nice that the subs got in the basketball action too! Yes, both my DS's are more of a 'sub' type player in basketball...no one going pro from our house.;)

Happy Belated Birthday to a very special young YM!
mickeymousebirthday70305.gif
draft_lens1947652module11264518phot.jpg

Thnaks Lesa...DS will be impressed with that...I hope he doesn't ask me to make it.:rolleyes1

I have really been thinking about Florida lately.

I bought a new comforter and an aluminum water bottle for work.

She was still playing with the boxes when we got home until Briana distracted her long enough for me to put them in the attic. She came back into the living room and looked very confused. But luckily at this age she forgot about them fairly quickly.

Yep Briana just turned 21!!

Hi Michele...what time of year are you planning on going to Florida? Good to hear you got a new comforter...maybe I should stick mine in the washer after all!:idea: Are you saving the the dollhouse items for Lilly's birthday? Wow, Bree just turned 21...what were you saying about grey hairs?;)

YM...It's like Kenny goes in spurts...goes a long time on "green" and then BAM!... yellow, red etc... for a few weeks:headache: guess he gets his moods like we all do
His teacher has been there since um.... forever ago and expects a whole lot more out of them. I've heard so many complaints, but her dh is a principal at another school, so...I guess they put up w/her

oh your poor DS not getting Red Lobster for his birthday. We know all about that, Kenny wanted Melting Pot but that is in Columbus No way dude!!
ahh the head is much better, thanks!! now all I think about is that I got 2x's "dream" wrong and thought it was real see what happens when you DIS w/a headache

Today Kenny was loving life, Mike was at school and it was just us! We headed out for a nice lunch at Logans, it was great! then Toys r us..bad move...spent way too much $ letting him pick out a few B-day things OOPS!!

Hi Linda...yep I know what you mean about the behavior spurts. Everything will seem fine and then comes the 'streak' of not so good.:headache: I know what you mean about certain teachers...I've had this conversation many times myself. I know it's best if the kids find ways to adapt to them because they are never going to change. My nephew has a teacher just like that this year for second grade. She counts his spelling word wrong if his e's aren't perectly formed...along with a list of other 'picky' stuff. I think DS survived without Red Lobster...that poor deprived child. We did go there last year and he ordered crab legs. The waitress picked them out for him because it was his birthday.:cheer2: Haha...you had me cracking up about the dream...we were laughing with you...right!:thumbsup2 Glad your headache is better...I had a little one this afternoon.:headache: Sounds like you and Kenny had fun shopping. I took oldest DS shopping on Sunday. He wanted to go to American Eagle and Abercrombie.:snooty:

good morning all!!!

Boy, is anyone else as groggy as I am?? I am just exhausted today for some reason. Not like I've been working too hard.......yesterday at work I went from 94% booked down to 35%.

My dinner was nice with my mom, but we got up from the table and she could barely walk.

I think the kids had a blast, first of all driving over alligator alley, then seeing "Pops" race his cars. My grandpa was also there because he spent the last month with my aunt in Ft. Lauderdale, then is coming home with my dad. They should be home sometime today.

YM--hey.
I thought of you, too, when Donna served the stickey mickey.
Yeah, I suppose that dream could have fit into a version of Plum.

at least he was able to brush up on his math skills.

okay, that has to be a classic, if I'd ever heard one!!!!

Hey there 2x2s...ok, I know I've been reading too much Plum because when you said you were groggy this morning this first thing I thought was 'has she been tippling'?;) :rotfl2: Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that I still have some sticky Mickey's me with...some on each hip. :rolleyes1 Rats, that stinks about your schedule. I wish I lived closer...I would have dropped in! Did your mom see about her hip...that sounded worrisome. I know she was probably hurting 'a lot' to need help. Hope all is well. Sounds like you dad was having a nice trip...did he make it home safely? Well, if I could swallow my pride I might post a picture of that lovely cake I made. Thanks goodness DS has my smarts and could add.:rotfl: Ok, so you like the 'no grass growing' comment...I need to find some new books!
confused0031.gif

Well, I've taken so long to post this I'll just have to tell you what I'm up to...tomorrow!!!

Good morning, gals!!:sunny:

Not so sunny here, but at least it's about 50 degrees out right now......I'll take it!!:thumbsup2

I apologize if I don't get a chnace to respend to your posts from yesterday.:flower3: I logged on this morning and went to check my bills....realized I need to get a couple of things paid pretty fast!!!:eek: :scared: :surfweb: Needless to say I spent quite a bit of my time paying the bills, making sure the printer was set up and reading yesterday's posts.:surfweb: ;)

2x2s:: I'm sorry to hear your mom is having problems with her hip. Is it the weather or soemthing that maybe needs to be checked by her doctor? Hope she gets to feeling better.
That is so cool that your family got to gather in Florida.
Too bad you had to miss out on some clients because of cancellations. Like the others said, if I were closer I would be there.....a facial sounds wonderful.:cloud9:

Lesa:: Did you have a busy weekend? Are you still painting? I need to get on with my painting skills (hehehe. I have been wanting to paint the living room and kitchen, but can't quite get to nerve to do it. I'm afraid I will mess up my nice pretty, white trim. I have samples sitting on the breakfast bar as we speak......I'm thinking just a med. color/lt. taupe.

Michele:: I know exactly what you mean about dreaming/thinking of Disney!! I guess that is how we all met in the first place, if you think about it.:goodvibes When are you all planning on going. (I'm not looking at your trip counter right now.:rolleyes1 ) The time will get here before you know it.
I had to smile over getting Lilly the Beauty and the Beast video.....still remember that adorable red Belle dress.:cutie: I have ordered Belle's Enchanted Christmas from Ebay; it's a cute movie, too.
Yay for the new comforter. Next time head to the laundromat!!

Linda:: Wow!! I didn't realize Kenny's birthday was getting so close. I would have hated to miss it!! It's tomorrow the 19th?? Shucks, I would never get a card out in time!!
Sounds like you and your young man had a fun day yesterday!! I'll have to ask Nathan what an Action Replay is.

YourMajesty:: Oh, Queenie, a Paintball party sounds like such fun!!:teeth: Do you get to participate?:teeth: You know we will want to hear ALL about it!!:woohoo: :banana: :cool1:
Just by reading, I think we need to plan a meet to take our sons to Red Lobster!! Wouldn't that be a hoot with Nathan, Kenny and your two!!pirate:

RATS!! My Dis time is coming to a close. Have to get Nathan to school and me to work. Oh, to be rich.....:cloud9: :cloud9:

I think a few of us may need breakfast in bed this morning.:cloud9: princess: Take your time eating and ring if you require anything else.;)

Breakfast_in_bed2.jpg

I hope you all have a Wonderfully Royal Wednesday!!:goodvibes

Hello all!

YM... a paintball party huh? Sounds like fun??:rolleyes1 Well not for me but I am sure a group of boys will love it. Is there a place near you that does that? I don't think I have heard of that around here.

We are leaving for Florida July 19th and will be home on the 31st. Normally we go right as school gets out in mid June. But this is the last summer before Matt's senior year:scared1: and he doesn't want to miss out on any football. They do 7 on 7s until mid July. The last 2 years he has missed out when they have gone down to play at Ford Field (where the Lions play) This year they aren't doing those games, instead they are doing a 2 day at the University of Michigan. His football coach is good about letting me know all the dates as soon as he gets them so I can schedule things. It helps that he is a teacher at the middle school with me plus his wife is a really good friend of mine.

Mom and I had to go to the funeral home yesterday. The football coaches grandmother passed away and she was one of my mom's "bingo buddies" One of the other women from bingo called my mom to see if she was going and to make sure they would be there at the same time. She said she was bringing this other woman. Mom said she didn't remember who she was. She(Myrna) says "oh sure you do, she is short with grey hair" My mom says "hello, it's bingo we are all short with grey hair!!":rotfl2: :lmao:

I sent Briana to this new hospital that is opening near here soon today to apply for a job. She gets all the way out there only to be told they only hire online. I would really love for her to get into the hospital. It sounds gorgeous. We are going to the open house next weekend. My girlfriend that I mentioned above just started there. She was working at another hospital as a nurse ( Linda you will love this) She went to a job fair and was offered a supervisory position at Henry Ford West Bloomfield ( the new hosp) The hosp isn't open yet so she has been going everyday since Jan 5th for training. They feed them breakfast, snack, lunch and another snack everyday. When she got her first check it was $5 more an hour than she was expecting. She didn't say anything until the next week when that check was also too much. When she questioned her supervisor she was told that was what she should be making. So they decided to give her a raise. Then yesterday she mentioned that they gave her another raise of 85 cents an hour!!

I think I need to go back to school!!! 2 raises, plus the raise she was given from what she was making at the old hospital and the hospital isn't even open yet!!

I got the Beauty and the Beast video yesterday. We put it in so I could make sure it worked. It is obviously a bootleg copy. The pictures on the cover and the discs are fuzzy. Plus the content of the 2 discs is wrong. What is supposed to be on disc 1 is on disc 2 and vice versa. I haven't decided yet what I am going to do.

Donna... bill paying is certainly not fun!! And it always seems to take longer than you think it will doesn't it? And you still managed to get us a delicious breakfast:hug:

Nick is at Kalahari right now. He went with a buddy, he will be home Friday. I got the cutest picture text from him already. It is a baby tiger. He said they have it at the resort:confused3

Hey gals! Thought I'd step in for a bit and say hello!

Donna it's not fair!{stomping my feet} We only live a few hours apart but in the same darn state. You get 50's we get 30 with snow!:sad2: I missed it the other day, but did you mention my monkey bread?
ape1.gif
:lmao:

YM I can't believe your DS picked paintball over a nice gift!:confused3 ;) :lmao:Have fun! Maddie has been doing exceptional with her asthma this year. She has only wheezed 1x and I mean she completely stopped once she took her inhaler. I'm hoping she outgrew it, but it could just be we got rid of the mold in the windows and bathroom! Whatever it is I'll take it. I hope your ds has been doing well.

2x good to hear from you! Waxing eyebrows in high heels!:lmao: I can see you running the 2 blocks in your heels, dripping hot wax along the way.:rotfl2: Good luck putting your house up!

Linda how did Kenny do with wrestling? Did you have the Lysol ready?:rolleyes1 How is that chatty Kenny doing anyway? Does he have his DS?

I have almost finished painting the family room. I don't mind painting I hate getting everything out and the clean up. DH hates the painting part but doesn't mind the rest. We are putting in new baseboards and trim around the windows so it makes things a little easier. My main problem is I always tend to pick the same color paint no matter how hard I try not to. Thankfully this was a shade lighter this time.:thumbsup2 Now on to tackle the living room.:headache:

I swear since Britt started high school I have plucked numerous gray hairs. :sad2: First the whole Guatemala thing and now today she comes home and tells me she has a date to the dance this weekend.:crazy: It's the turn about dance so she asked him.:eek: Shhhhhhh....don't tell her I told she'd kill me.:lmao: Now she's upstairs planing her attire with her girlfriend.:laughing: :eek: :laughing:

Better go start dinner.

Happy Thursday!!

I think tonight is officially Nathan's last ballgame. The other coach called Gary last night wondering if he wanted to get some more games scheduled and Gary told him that everyone is about ready for the season to end. I enjoyed watching them play, though.

Michele:: I think we may be going the last week in July, 7/25 to 8/1. Last year we waited until the first week in Aug. and it was a madhouse down there!!!:eek:
OK....I'm cracking up about your mom's comment about the Bingo ladies!! Another "Plum" moment, perhaps?:rolleyes1
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Briana a job at the new hospital. Wouldn't that be wonderful for he?!!!:thumbsup2
Sounds like your friend hit the jackpot with her new job!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Leaa:: Isn't it amazing what a couple of hundred miles can do for the weather? Just to make you feel better, it's 23 here now with a high expected of 31.:cold:
How do you normally do the trim and ceiling when you paint? I'm just trying to get a few pointers here from an expert.;)

I think I need breakfast in a nice, warm climate this morning. How about an ocean view?

huge-breakfast-with-ocean.jpg

I hope you all have a Thrilling Thursday!!:beach:

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, we spend the day at Cleveland VA hospital:headache: talk about a long day!! At least I was practicing my fractions and algebra for my NET (nursing entrance test). Fun fun fun!!

Hey there Ym, omg Kenny would love a paintball party too!! They will have such a blast I'm sure. I'd wanna jump in there w/them. Have you ever watched "failure to launch"...that would be me screaming:laughing:

I know exactly what you're saying, his teacher seams to be somewhat like that too. Like the line coming down on his p's or g's came down "too" long:rolleyes: Then my mom says, "be lucky you only have one" b/c w/my sister and I, the teachers would always expect me to be just like my sister was:rotfl2: we're TOTAL opposites! I was a complete tomboy, much more social and playing kiss chase at recess:rotfl: where my sister was w/a book at all times and was much taller than all the boys, so they didn't dare go near her:laughing:

That is too cute about the RL waitress! I think Donna is right...we need a Red Lobster meet:laughing: :banana:

I'm still laughing at myself about the dream. Later I was thinking about her dream, knew it was a dream, but apparently I forgot when I was posting...I'll blame the drugs:rotfl2:

Shopping sounds great. Today I gotta pick up Kenny some balloons and his ice cream cake:woohoo: thankfully he's not into Abercrombie yet:eek: Under Armour everything is bad enough:laughing:

I was just telling Kenny "Happy Birthday to you" messin w/him and he says "SHHHH I'm trying to read":lmao: I gave him a new DS Pokemon game this morning first thing and he's all into playing it already.

Good morning Miss Donna:hug: thanks for all the wonderful goodies!

yeah, paying bills is a good thing to do for sure! 50 degrees sounds great too. Kenny is excited, he has a 2 hour delay today!!

Yep, its the 19th:woohoo: came faster than I expected too! I gotta get his cake and balloons yet today!

Oh, an action replay is a thing that has cheat codes on it:rotfl: you upload the software on your pc, plug the game into your usb and it gives the cheat codes for the games you want. Kids at school told him all about it!

Man...now I want crab legs!!:laughing: a meet for Red Lobster sounds perfect!!

Ocean view!!!awesome!!

I am sure Gary is right about everyone ready for a break! Good luck to Nathan tonight!!

HI Michele! omg...short w/grey hair from Bingo...that sure narrows it down huh:lmao:

Good luck to Briana!! Yeah, I love that part for sure! I think I need a job there too!!:laughing: that is wonderful!

oh no!! Sorry about your Beauty and the Beast dvd:guilty:

Oh I LOVE Kalahari!! They usually only have the animals out on the weekends. We've seen several up there too. they've had tigers, lions and several awesome babies up there. that place is so awesome! I think that's what we'll end up doing for Kennys birthday get away. Maybe take a few friends and go play. Did he try to surf? I've never been brave enough to try it.

Hey there Lesa! we didn't go to the tourney b/c my migraine. He never mentioned it, so I didn't either:rolleyes1 he didn't mention it til Tues! He's great, was on yellow again for talking yesterday!! but he's playing his newest game I gave him this morning for his birthday. Wasted no time getting right into it!!

I agree w/the painting. I enjoy painting, its the prep and clean up that I dread!!

I've been pulling out those darn grey hairs too:eek:

good luck to Britt w/the dance:cheer2:

I hope everyone has a great day. We started w/a 2 hour delay for Kennys birthday:banana:

A very special Happy Birthday Kenny!
bday2.gif

nintendo-ds-cake-full.jpg

No more talking during class young man!!!:ssst: :angel: :lmao:

Leaa:: Isn't it amazing what a couple of hundred miles can do for the weather? Just to make you feel better, it's 23 here now with a high expected of 31.:cold:
How do you normally do the trim and ceiling when you paint? I'm just trying to get a few pointers here from an expert.;)

UGH! Today we are at a whopping 7*. The sun is shining so I guess I'll take that. Yesterday it snowed again so everything is coated in white.

For painting around the trim and ceiling you need a very good angled brush, good paint (I only use Behr from Home Depot, every time I have tried a different brand I hate it), and a steady hand (I don't recommend painting after a cup of coffee or a glass of wine!;) ).

Linda I hope Kenny has a great birthday! Sorry you were stuck at the hospital all day, but it's good you got some studying in! I think I'd flunk the math part for sure, I can't do Maddie's math homework to save my life.:rolleyes1

Gotta run, the window guy is on his way. Yes...I'm still dealing with the bleeping @&%$#*@ windows, oh and patio door (they are coming tomorrow).:headache:

Happy Birthday Kenny!!!
4-VIDEO%20GAME-CREATIONS.jpg

Donna...we will have to meet up on the 25th. We will be switching over to Vero Beach for the 2nd week on the 26th. I can't wait. I have started reading trip reports again. When I am too far away from a trip I can't read them, I just get depressed.

Good luck at Nathan's ball game. I love the sports but after a while I'm like 'aren't we done yet?' Of course about a week later he starts another one so it doesn't last long.:laughing: I don't know if Nick is going to play anything this spring. I think he talked about playing golf.:confused3 Of course he always has his Kung Fu.

He actually wants to find a job. :idea: Hey at least one of my kids wants one:rolleyes1 He won't turn 16 until April and with the economy like it is...jobs are scarce to say the least. Actually Matt does have a job right now. He is refing the little kids basketball games. But they are off for winter break so no games last weekend or this weekend.

I haven't heard from him today. I hope that means he is having fun. Briana spent the night at a girlfriends last night so it was just Matt and I here at the house.

Matt had a game last night. We won 66-58 but man did it get ugly. The refing was horrible but, some of our parents were over the top. I just hate it when people act like that. The refs are doing their job, they will make mistakes but if you scream at them chances are more likely that they will make calls against your team on purpose. I just think it makes us looks like really poor sports. My mom, dad and I had thought we sat far enough away from everyone but we ended up with all of the loud mouths around us. I was sooo uncomfortable.

Lesa...I am so glad that Maddies breathing problems are better.

Whoo hoo...Britty has a date!!! How do they dress for that? Here we call it Sadie Hawkins Dance after the Lil Abner cartoon:confused3 So the couples purchase matching plaid shirts and do it all western.

Even tho it is Zach's day with Lilly we get to baby sit her tonight. He has joined the Army Reserve and will be leaving in May. His father is so against this that he refuses to watch Lilly if Zach is doing anything with the Army. He has physical training tonight so we get to watch her. I feel so bad for him. He is doing what he feels is best for himself and for Lilly but his family just will not back him up.

Have a great day!!

Happy 8th Birthday, Master Kenny!!

E5337.jpg

I hope your day rocks!!

Linda:: I have to apoloize for not posting a cake for Kenny this morning.:guilty: I got to work and remembered it was his birthday.....too late!!
I was just asking Nathan about the action replay and he seemed pretty interested. We may have to check into that. He is always looking up cheats/codes, or at least trying to find them.;)

Lesa:: Thanks for the paint tips. I don't have a very steady hand....probably too much coffee.:rolleyes1 :surfweb:
So, is Britt's date a cutie? I hope you don't have to run out and buy something special for this weekend. Is it a casual dance or semi-formal?

Michele:: We'll have to meet on the 25th for sure!!:woohoo:
Yikes!! Sorry the fans got a little unruly.:scared: We are usually lucky enough to get refs that are pretty fair.
I personally think that Zach is doing a pretty cool thing by joining the reserves. Too bad his parents are being so difficult, and then to take it out on Lilly??:sad2:

Hello to everyone!! I have to be getting in touch with Gary to see where he is about now. The town where Nathan plays ball is west of here and that is the direction that Gary travel coming home from work, so we are supposed to meet him and get something light to eat.

Talk to you all this evening!!:yay:

Linda I hope Kenny had a great birthday!

Britt is so excited about this dance, I don't think I've seen her this happy in a while. She asked me if she had to buy him a "flower thingy" for the dance.:lmao: I said I didn't know cause we never had a turnabout dance and I only got a boutonniere for my prom date.:confused3 I asked her what her friends are doing and she said none of them have dates and only one is going and that isn't even for sure. She is borrowing her friends homecoming dress which I'm glad of. I can't imagine buying her a new dress for every dance x 4 years of high school.:scared1:

My window guy never showed up.:mad: They were suppose to be here between noon and 2 and called me at 1:30 to tell me he forgot I was scheduled and sent all the guys home because of the cold. Ummm, excuse me, but the guys were working in my house not outside. So I sat here all day waiting for nothing and will have to sit here again on Tuesday.:mad:

I got notice today that the school scheduled an IEP meeting for Maddie in 2 weeks. I guess it is suppose to be a review but somehow I feel like I've got to put my fighting gloves on again. Especially since not everything has been followed most of the year and I got tired of complaining.:headache:

I just heard the nasty 4 letter word on the news. :sad2: Snow...when will it end!?!?!?!:upsidedow up to another 6in.:scared1:

Ugh!! Lesa, I can see that you may be getting tired of the snow!:scared: We are supposed to be getting "am showers" tomorrow, but the high is just in the 30's......those showers may be snow for us, too.

I know you all are getting tired of me giving the ballgame reports, but Nathan's team lost by about 2 points last night. It was tied with just a minute and a half left.:guilty:
I think the games are officially over now, except for another girls' game on Sunday.

Lesa:: I'm so gald to hear that Britt is so happy. Don't you remember being that age when boys start becoming the highlight of our lives?;)
I agree about the dresses. My sister usually finds some pretty good deals for my niece; she spends about $10-$12 a dress.
Yep, get those boxing gloves on for Maddie's review. I'm glad to hear she has been doing so well with her asthma this year.
Hopefully the window guys won't "forget" about you this Tuesday.:headache:

I am so glad it's Friday!
Nathan has a friend spending the night tonight so that they can work on their science project.
I have absolutely nothing planned for tomorrow!! YAY!! :yay: :yay:

I've reserved us a table at Chef Mickey's this morning, so that we can start our day with some fun and a nutritious breakfast.::MickeyMo

cmbreakfast.jpg

I hope you all have a Fabulous Friday!!:cheer2:

Good morning!

Donna sorry Nathan ended the season with a loss:sad2: So close too!:guilty:

Oh I remember all too well when boys became the highlight of my life, that's why I am getting so many gray hairs.:rolleyes1 ;) :lmao:

I guess he is cute! I felt sorry for her when she told me how she ended up asking him to go. I can only imagine the shades of red her face turned.:cutie: He is in one of her classes and I guess at the end of class her girlfriend called him over and said Britt had something to ask him. Well mind you this was as everyone was gathering at the door to leave. So instead of a quiet, private conversation, she ended up asking him unprepared, in front of half the class including the teacher. :scared: Poor kid, but I don't think she would have done it if it wasn't for the little "push" from her friend.;)

Normally I find her dresses at JcPenny and I don't think I've paid more than $35, so not too bad. I would have bought her another one for this "special" occasion, but the one she is borrowing from her friend is a dress she tried on for homecoming and was her second choice.

They are now saying 6-8 inchs of snow tonight into tomorrow.:headache: It really has been a loooooonnnnnnnngggggg, cold, snowy winter.:sad2:

Michele I mentioned the western attire of the Sadie Hawkins dance to Britt, she said she would sooner die than where anything like that.:lmao: Hope Blake's trip is going well.

Well gotta run, I've got taxes to finish up. I want my money (unfortunately so does everyone else)!!!;)

Just so you can see what the Sadies dance is here...

Matt and his group this year. The "things" the boys have are their coursages. The girls make them. Some get crazy, and they have a contest at the dance for the best one. One year a girl decorated one of the Little Tikes green tractors. I have seen 3 foot tall outhouses decorated:confused3
ry%3D400

This is Nick and his date. She is just a freshman and didn't know about the coursage
ry%3D400

I hope Britt has a great time. When is the dance?

Thanks everyone for the cakes and birthday wishes, he says he had a great birthday!:banana:

Lesa, I know what you mean, I looked at Kennys paper that he got a 50% and couldn't figure out at all what he did wrong:confused3 :sad2:

Oh you poor thing, if it isn't one thing its a dozen:headache:

Good luck at the meeting for Maddie!

that IS a 4 letter word, and a bad one...that is a LOT of snow!:eek: I'm SOOO ready for spring!

Wow, glad her friend "forced" her into asking, must have been a good move on her part:banana: I'm sure she'll have a great time!

Hey Michele! Don't you hate when parents get like that. The ref's do the best they can and getting them mad at you won't do you any favors:headache:

Poor Zach, going in the military could be a great move for him!! At least he's trying!!
great pics too!! looks like fun!

Donna:hug: NO need to apologize!! I don't know everyones birthday, that's for sure!! I try to write them down, but its hard to keep up!

yeah, Nathan will have to check into an action replay. we only found them at Wal-mart and Best buy though ;).

we're never tired of your game reports! So sorry they lost by 2 points, so close!!
Good luck w/the sleep over tonight:woohoo:
thanks for the great meals, I love Chef Mickeys:banana:

I think we're working on a headache this weekend....TAXES:headache:

I had my appointment today though... WOW!! they will pay my tuition, books, state exams, uniforms...anything I need!:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: I'm so excited..and better yet, I can register for classes TUESDAY! The quarter starts Mar. 30th:woohoo: :yay:

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Linda...that is amazing what they will pay for. How did you find this out??? Now that my friend is telling me all about all the perks she is getting at her nursing job I think I may want to go back to school.

When I went to college after high school I wanted to be a nurse but dropped out and got married instead. Can't say that wasn't a good move:rolleyes1 but I think I would like to go back. I am the only one of my siblings without a college degree.

Of course in under 2 years we will be paying Matt's tuition. And then a year after that we add Nick. And since he wants to be a doctor this is going to take a while. Hey, maybe by the time I am done I can be Nick's nurse??:eek: :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter