• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing food to airport

Braden's Momma

Mouseketeer
To save money I would like to pack PBJ sandwiches to eat while we are waiting for our plane . Can I take food through security? I am not planning on drinks just sandwiches and chips.

I wish I had thought to ask this a long time ago. I never paid attention to the fact that we can have food just not drinks. Thanks for asking and answering this :thumbsup2

I believe th official rules are: You can bring in the PB&J sandwiches. However, you cannot bring in the fixings and make the sandwiches inside security (the jars of peanut butter and jelly and the loaf of bread). You must bring in the sandwiches, already made.

HTH.

We take food to the MCO to travel home. On the Dining plan, we'd always have extra credits. So, we get our counter service meals and pack them up to eat at airport while waiting for flight home. Magical Express always drops you so early!

As far as the drinks and for ease, we eat before going through security at MCO.

We take food to the MCO to travel home. On the Dining plan, we'd always have extra credits. So, we get our counter service meals and pack them up to eat at airport while waiting for flight home.
Excellent idea. Works particularly well for those flying on airlines and at hours for which most of the baggage can be checked at the resort. Fewer items to schlep.

Magical Express always drops you so early!
See http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047074

You can't bring liquids through security. Exclusions are medical and liquids 100ml (or less) in a one quart zip lock.

You can't bring yogurt. You can certainly bring a loaf of bread. You can certainly bring packets of peanut butter and packets of jelly in your quart baggie.

seashoreCM said:
Excellent idea. Works particularly well for those flying on airlines and at hours for which most of the baggage can be checked at the resort. Fewer items to schlep.

See http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047074

Lol. I thought I'd read directions on how to catch a later magical express. (Which I've considered giving disney another flight number so we could get picked up two-two and a half hours ahead instead of three.)

Lol. I thought I'd read directions on how to catch a later magical express. (Which I've considered giving disney another flight number so we could get picked up two-two and a half hours ahead instead of three.)
If you get a Magical Express bus time back to the airport 2-1/2 hours or less before your flight time without a proactive sly move on your part (giving a bogus flight number) then that is a goof on DME's part, not a lucky bonus extra hour of park time.

It, like other errors or irregularities, needs to be fixed on or before the morning of the day before the day you will leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter