Bunnies and mooses and groupies, Oh my!!! The Wilderness Lodge groupies thread. 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . . . Lobsta, shrimp, schrod and scallops. That is about all the seafood I eat! . . . . .

No Crab? Lobsta but no Crab? I'm sure it was just an oversight. If not, have Mr Muush order the Crab Claws at Fultons, "borrow" one, but be careful, there is no going back!

Muushka & Kathy... IT. WAS. INCREDIBLE! I hope my pics turned out ok. Way earldeparture for the airport in the am, so no uploading tonight. On the bus back to OKW now, then straight to bed. Have a great night.

And yes, Allison, err DLI & I hung out together. She is just charming. And yes, I have a pic too.

I am so glad it was everything you hoped for. Your next description gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.:goodvibes

Glad you and DLI got to meet!

No Crab? Lobsta but no Crab? I'm sure it was just an oversight. If not, have Mr Muush order the Crab Claws at Fultons, "borrow" one, but be careful, there is no going back!

How could I forget crabs? Yes, I do love crabs very much.:thumbsup2

A little bit of good news to share. I/we are the proud new owners (or will be in about 2 wks.) of 75 new VWL points! :yay: :woohoo: :yay: Disney waived ROFR yesterday. This little add-on brings us up to a perfect # for us for that must have 11 mo. Dec. booking advantage. DH felt really bad when I had to sell Shi thus the reason he agreed. Took that $$ & put it into my other favorite thing. Eases the pain a bit. Now if I could just get us into the Lodge for a few days in Oct. I'd be really happy. :goodvibes

That is the best news ever! :cool1:

Hi everyone! Well did our online checking! That means we will be there soon!:yay:

:dance3: 5 more sleeps? I'm so excited for you!

Corinne - :dance3: for you too! I can't wait to hear about your trip and hopefully see some photos.

Di - oh wow your son's wedding is getting close. Mine is not until July 17th. We had a big family party for them on DH side this weekend and it was so much fun. I'm waiting anxiously to see those Aulani construction photos that I hope you get to take! popcorn:: Hope the long distance planning goes smoothly.

stopher1 - love the lodge photos and so glad to hear you got to meet DLI. I can't wait to see the parade pics and loved your detailed description of the experience.

Nicoal - :welcome: If your DH loves fishing and outdoors I bet he will love the WL and it is such a nice walk over to the fort. So much fun at the lodge and the fort if you don't want to be at the parks. Great resorts for the outdoorsmen.

to all those groupies speakin some foreign language:
I'm sorry y'all but I'm not comprehendin all of this talkin y'all are doin about packies, bubblas and lobsta. :confused3 ;)

Kat, Eliza, DiznyDi,Muushka, Wilderness Dad, Horselover & Dory, thank you all for the birthday wishes!:goodvibes

Muushka, I would have enjoyed ANY of those places for dinner!

Maria, you can "re-gift" anytime, your pics are still the best!:thumbsup2

Blossomz, only 5 more sleeps!!! I hope we can meet!:yay:

Horselover, I mean, Horselova, the new bride should get a lot of use with her new lobsta pot!!!:rotfl:

Ok. I'm home once more. Long day of travel, and then jumping back into regular life at home right away, with a must-be-at Scout meeting tonight. (I'm the Summer Camp Director for our Troop - taking 78 Scouts and 29 Adult leaders to camp in just 2 weeks). No time to upload all of the pics I want to share... so here are just a few teasers for you.

First: DLI (in yellow) and I met and enjoyed the MSEP together. Here we are with her charming daughter (in green) and friend who came along with them on their vacation. Her husband was too tired from their day over at KSC (and the heat too, probably... heat index 107 yesterday)

P6060364.jpg

Second: The beginning (with the new lead float featuring Tinker Bell [I miss the Blue Fairy] and the ending of the parade as it progressed up Main St. (we were sitting about half way up M St, in front of Uptown Jewelers

P6060371.jpg

P6060451.jpg

Third: One shot from the new Nightastic fireworks

P6060459.jpg

I'll get more uploaded to share tomorrow ;)

Stopher - thanks for the pictures. Looks great!

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the thread! I'm desperately trying to convert DH to a Disney lover, but so far :confused3 hopefully the Lodge can do it.

Oh and I'm from WI, and its a bubbler here too. Or bubbla as my friend Donna from Boston says :) Only other place it's called that I believe.

Stopher~thanks for posting the photos! How nice you got to meet DLI!!! Great photo of you all!!! I am excited to see the MSEP again, my family does not share my enthusiasm (for any Disney parade, sadly) but we will be seeing it! hehe!

stopher1.....love your photos ! Awesome you got to meet up with DLI !!! Cute pic of the group :goodvibes

Maria

Here are a few more Lodge pics to enjoy. MSEP pics will be posted next.

P6060204.jpg

P6060230.jpg

P6060232.jpg

It was a heat index 107 day, and the fire is still burning...
P6060249.jpg

Is it just me, or do they change this picture out seasonally? I could have sworn it was "the Villas in Spring" when I was there in March with my DW for our anniversary, but sadly have no photographic evidence. I need to look through my January pics as well.... maybe not, maybe it's just my mind wishing it to be so
P6060256.jpg

P6060259.jpg

P6060264.jpg

P6060267.jpg

OK, so here are some of my MSEP pictures. Sorry that some of these are not the greatest quality, but the parade is so fluid and lots of movement, and has always been difficult to capture thanks to all of the different lights the camera tried to focus on. But hopefully some of you will enjoy them anyway.
:)

Now just imagine yourself sitting (or standing) along Main Street, as over the loudspeakers you start to hear the trumpeting herald and then that that distinctive computerized tone... "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls - the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination, in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynomagnetic musical sounds...The Main Street Electrical Parade!" followed by all the lights being doused, and the strains of Baroque Hoedown coming out to you...

Here comes Tinker Bell in her balloon to greet you...
P6060373.jpg

P6060374.jpg

P6060375.jpg

P6060376.jpg

P6060377.jpg

Goofy sends a greeting to all of the Groupies! :wave2:
P6060379.jpg

P6060380.jpg

P6060382.jpg

P6060383.jpg

More to come...

Stopher...thanks for the great photos of the parade and especially those WL photos! I really love that view of WL from the water every time we come around the bend on the boat back from MK. :thumbsup2

And super photo of you and DLI. I hope to be able to meet more of the Groupies in person as time goes on. :)

Nicoal13 said:
Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the thread! I'm desperately trying to convert DH to a Disney lover, but so far :confused3 hopefully the Lodge can do it.

Nicoal...I feel for you, and consider myself lucky that my wife enjoys our WDW vacations quite a bit. She is not a Disney fanatic by any means, but has come to appreciate the various resorts amenities and some of the park features. But at the end of the day, you can't force someone to be a Disney lover and hopefully your DH will at least find enough to enjoy to want to return and feed your love of WDW. Good luck!

...the strains of Baroque Hoedown now morph into the modified Golden Afternoon...

P6060384.jpg

P6060386.jpg

P6060387.jpg

P6060388.jpg

P6060390.jpg

P6060391.jpg

P6060394.jpg

P6060395.jpg

P6060396.jpg

P6060397.jpg

P6060399.jpg

P6060402.jpg

More to come...

...the strains of Golden Afternoon / Alice in Wonderland / Very Merry Unbirthday then morph into the Cinderella ball theme...

P6060403.jpg

P6060404.jpg

P6060406.jpg

P6060407.jpg

P6060408.jpg

P6060409.jpg

P6060410.jpg

P6060411.jpg

Still some more to come...

...as Cinderella's ball moves up Main Street, the music morphs into themes from Peter Pan with the arrival of Captain Hook's ship...

P6060413.jpg

P6060414.jpg

P6060415.jpg

P6060418.jpg

P6060419.jpg

There are some more coming still...

Great pics Stopher! :thumbsup2

Nicoal13 - I know how you feel. My DH is not that big of a fan either. As much as he says he's "Disney'd out" he does have fun when we go though, but he didn't want to go this year. The good news is he doesn't mind if I do so I've already had 1 1:1 trip in March with DS10 & another 1:1 trip planned in Oct. with DS12. :goodvibes Hopefully your DH will love the Lodge, but as Granny said there's nothing you can do to force it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter