Buying Aulani

Seller is making you guys wait…..low ball my subsidized listing…..going to make you suffer and string it out as long as possible….what you going to do, back out? Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!! :P
Strange to call it a lowball if it’s near where he originally priced it and then he tried to hold out for more money with the final one but couldn’t get it.

For the 250 pt one I reached out to Julie at First Am about payment and she told me that they are waiting on the seller to sign an affidavit because the LLLP has been dissolved. She emailed yesterday and said the seller still hasn't signed this yet :/
If this is just for one document…. imagine having to get them to sign off on all of the paperwork to sell 5 contracts at the same time…. Sheesh….

I think most of us from recent contracts are using First American, not sure M V T even operates for Hawaii contracts. But the slowness is our one seller it seems…. Although I also think island time might be a factor haha
EDIT - Used a different title company. Rest of post removed.

Last edited:
You'd think the guy would be eager for the cash coming to him!
I would think he would just need to Quit Claim Deed the property out of the LLLP to his personal name. I went back to look at my paperwork and closing is not set until April 12, so there is still a month to go.

I would think he would just need to Quit Claim Deed the property out of the LLLP to his personal name. I went back to look at my paperwork and closing is not set until April 12, so there is still a month to go.
I didn't review my paperwork - the offer i think is what you mean? but anyway Julie told me that they were aiming for a closing of Apr 23.

I didn't review my paperwork - the offer i think is what you mean? but anyway Julie told me that they were aiming for a closing of Apr 23.
I don’t recall the listing mentioning a delayed close…. I though the date was the standard estimated time to ensure buyer and seller move efficiently…..

Julie said that the closing date could be moved up if they had everything from both parties. I’m not in a rush and certainly am not sending funds till I know the seller has signed…

I've used Julie LaCagnina at First American (tise-ra-hi-resale@firstam.com) a number of times now, and have had nothing but fantastic service. Julie is quick to respond, communicative, and VERY easy to work with. I even had one contract stuck during the big First American hack last December, and as soon as she had access to her email again, she was letting me know where everything stood.

For me, she's pretty much the Cammy Smith of Hawaii escrow officers.

I've used Julie LaCagnina at First American (tise-ra-hi-resale@firstam.com) a number of times now, and have had nothing but fantastic service. Julie is quick to respond, communicative, and VERY easy to work with. I even had one contract stuck during the big First American hack last December, and as soon as she had access to her email again, she was letting me know where everything stood.

For me, she's pretty much the Cammy Smith of Hawaii escrow officers.
I believe she is the escrow agent we have in the 250 AUL-S contract. I agree that she is very good at her job and seems to be an incredibly nice person…. unfortunately she can’t control the sellers….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter