Buying Aulani

I think it is okay to name brokers - for a while there was a thread about this - but in any event. I had someone at DVCRM who told me my $80ish offers at SSR were totally crazy and would never be accepted. I was very annoyed and seriously considered sending her my $80 SSR contract when it passed LOL - but now that a year has passed, I'm willing to let it go and accept that she was just firm in her (mistaken) belief.

Yes, I did call out another broker and agent - it's actually in the same post you quoted me. I went back and edited/deleted it because I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to call out an agent publicly by name.

Thanks for confirming my reaction... that agent is not friendly and imo really misleading on pricing. There are so many sub $90pp and multiple sub $120pp for subsidized in the ROFR thread. Guess I'll stay away from that broker.
The same agent you mentioned reprimanded me on a FB group for posting a link to the website that shows all current DVC resale contract when the poster was asking for recommendation of a broker on purchasing a resale contract. I told the poster to shop around and get the best deal for what she was looking for.
The agents word were "The listings are incomplete, and not accurate", IMO this is sour grapes as others in the same posting had recommended her.
Based on her rudeness I would choose not to deal with her company.
BTW a week or so after I made an offer on one of the $120 subsidized contracts, Fidelity posted the same price on a 160 point contract, fully loaded. It did not last long.

Last edited:
I think it’s fair to assume that the ROFR thread is a very small slice of the overall DVC resale market and so it can be correct that 95% of contracts trade in the area the brokers are referencing and that a dedicated slice of the resale market are making hyper aggressive offers and that sometimes a seller accepts them
There are currently 19 Aulani contracts up for sale $99 or less. An offer of $90 would not be agressive.

There are currently 19 Aulani contracts up for sale $99 or less. An offer of $90 would not be agressive.
There are varying degrees of stripped/banked points and overall number of points that go into that though.

But, let’s take for example people making offers of $70pp-$80 on SSR contracts when they are listed at $100….and then one person gets it and puts it in ROFR…. that’s not representative of the whole SSR market.

In general, we are a hyper informed group of “it only takes one desperate seller” buyers.

Just to help those wondering about brokers, etc. You may discuss any broker who works for any business that can be discussed, You will know this by posting the link to that business and not the name.

If the broker is not in our board.s filter, feel free to discuss, If the broker is, then you can not discuss them at all, including using names or sharing details about them or your experience.

The same agent you mentioned reprimanded me on a FB group.

The agents word were "The listings are incomplete, and not accurate", IMO this is sour grapes as others in the same posting had recommended her.

Based on her rudeness I would choose not to deal with her company.

Are you allowed to say who is the agent (and what is her company)?

Question for you that have AUL contracts. If this should be on a different thread, please lmk...I'm still earning my ears :earboy2: We are in the process of closing on our Aulani contract but it's been much slower than others that passed ROFR on the same date as us. Has anyone else experienced this before?

We sent all the paperwork back via FedEx to Hawaii on 3/7 (verified arrival of 3/8 via tracking) and heard nothing back is this just typical "island time" kind of stuff or should I be reaching out to the title company?

For reference we have actually lived oh Oahu 2014-2017, and purchased a house so I know they tend to move a little slower there, I'm just an anxious mainland girl hoping to get these points loaded ASAP.

Second question - since it's going to be a hot second before our points get loaded is it even feasible to book a trip to WDW for THIS summer with our points (Thurs-Mon), or will everything be sold out? We're open to any resort and only require a studio. We'll have 220 points and would not like to borrow so we can take an Aulani trip in 2025.

Thanks!

There are varying degrees of stripped/banked points and overall number of points that go into that though.

But, let’s take for example people making offers of $70pp-$80 on SSR contracts when they are listed at $100….and then one person gets it and puts it in ROFR…. that’s not representative of the whole SSR market.

In general, we are a hyper informed group of “it only takes one desperate seller” buyers.
Absolutely. Circumstance makes a difference. You never know the reason why someone needs to sell. I was just addressing Aulani and the misguided broker who said the offer for Aulani was too low. Anyone who does a little research knows you can buy Aulani under $100. I'm regretting not offering $80, lol.

Question for you that have AUL contracts. If this should be on a different thread, please lmk...I'm still earning my ears :earboy2: We are in the process of closing on our Aulani contract but it's been much slower than others that passed ROFR on the same date as us. Has anyone else experienced this before?

We sent all the paperwork back via FedEx to Hawaii on 3/7 (verified arrival of 3/8 via tracking) and heard nothing back is this just typical "island time" kind of stuff or should I be reaching out to the title company?

For reference we have actually lived oh Oahu 2014-2017, and purchased a house so I know they tend to move a little slower there, I'm just an anxious mainland girl hoping to get these points loaded ASAP.

Second question - since it's going to be a hot second before our points get loaded is it even feasible to book a trip to WDW for THIS summer with our points (Thurs-Mon), or will everything be sold out? We're open to any resort and only require a studio. We'll have 220 points and would not like to borrow so we can take an Aulani trip in 2025.

Thanks!
Yes, Aulani takes a little longer than other resorts to close and the closing costs are a little more due to Hawaii fees.

Absolutely. Circumstance makes a difference. You never know the reason why someone needs to sell. I was just addressing Aulani and the misguided broker who said the offer for Aulani was too low. Anyone who does a little research knows you can buy Aulani under $100. I'm regretting not offering $80, lol.

Misguided broker? Is there such a thing?

(Sarcasm).

Thanks!
I would reach out to the Title company, maybe the seller has not signed their documents. We just sent our paperwork and wire yesterday. I received an email today saying they are waiting on the seller and once received it should close in 2 - 3 business days. Expect a couple more weeks until you see the points, if a new member I understand it can take longer.
Summer still is showing availability at SSR or OKW and this will probably remain until a month before the dates as they are the last resorts to fill up. There is much more availability if you would take a 1 Bedroom. I would not worry too much if you are flexible on your dates and do not mind stalking the reservation system.

Thanks!

As a buyer, I assume you're paying closing costs so it's totally justified to reach out to the title company via email to make sure they got your Fedex and to ask about next steps.

With 220 points you can even now easily get a 1BR for 4 nights in the summer and have plenty of points left over. I put in a random 4-night Thu-Mon stay in July and even saw studios at VGF, BLT and AKV (and RIV, but you couldn't book that with resale AUL).

As a buyer, I assume you're paying closing costs so it's totally justified to reach out to the title company via email to make sure they got your Fedex and to ask about next steps.

With 220 points you can even now easily get a 1BR for 4 nights in the summer and have plenty of points left over. I put in a random 4-night Thu-Mon stay in July and even saw studios at VGF, BLT and AKV (and RIV, but you couldn't book that with resale AUL).
Thank you this is SUPER helpful as a new buyer that doesn't have access to any of the site to even poke around. We also typically shy away from WDW in the summer heat, but with kids in school we have the most flexibility schedule wise in the summer.

Would love any of those resorts for a quick summer trip - I'm already trying to spend points I don't have. Typical American I guess HAHA!

Thank you this is SUPER helpful as a new buyer that doesn't have access to any of the site to even poke around. We also typically shy away from WDW in the summer heat, but with kids in school we have the most flexibility schedule wise in the summer.

Would love any of those resorts for a quick summer trip - I'm already trying to spend points I don't have. Typical American I guess HAHA!
I'm a new buyer and have "planned" so many trips with my points that are yet to load, too. https://tools.dvcvacations.com/points-calculator has a points calculator showing availability. It has been very helpful for me as I hypothetically plan out our future trips without access to the actual site!

Last edited:
I'm a new buyer and have "planned" so many trips with my points that are yet to load, too. https://tools.dvcvacations.com/points-calculator has a points calculator showing near real-time availability. It has been very helpful for me as I hypothetically plan out our future trips without access to the actual site!

Just be aware that unless the site loads consistently, like every few minutes, it’s not going to necessarily be accurate.

Things change so much that what’s there today could be gone in 5 minutes and something gone now is back.

But, it is fun to play!

Just be aware that unless the site loads consistently, like every few minutes, it’s not going to necessarily be accurate.

Things change so much that what’s there today could be gone in 5 minutes and something gone now is back.

But, it is fun to play!

Does it give a close idea on general availability?

Does it give a close idea on general availability?
I feel like this one is commonly used on here to give an idea on general availability depending on season

https://www.dvcfieldguide.com/availability-tables

The only downside I have with using this is it will show 7 month availability for certain resorts because it snapshots right before the 7 month window opens. But it does not tell you how competitive it is with other non-owners because some of those rooms are gone nearly instantly. Admittedly I don't have a better solution but I'm just trying to caution that just because a room category is "green" does not mean it's easy to book at 7 months, it just means you have a chance even though it's not necessarily a good one.

I feel like this one is commonly used on here to give an idea on general availability depending on season

https://www.dvcfieldguide.com/availability-tables

The only downside I have with using this is it will show 7 month availability for certain resorts because it snapshots right before the 7 month window opens. But it does not tell you how competitive it is with other non-owners because some of those rooms are gone nearly instantly. Admittedly I don't have a better solution but I'm just trying to caution that just because a room category is "green" does not mean it's easy to book at 7 months, it just means you have a chance even though it's not necessarily a good one.
👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

But, it is fun to play!
Yep! I use the availability tables as well. As a new member, the calculator has been helpful to get comfortable with the different types of combinations/ways to make my points stretch versus just looking at the point charts. Definitely not using it to firmly plan trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter