BW making me move my reservation to another Resort for 12/1 due to construction delays???

tmc2469

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
I received a call from member services last night that my 1 bedroom reservation at BW arriving 12/1 (4 days) was not finished due to the construction. They said the room I had is not going to be finished with the rehab by Friday. I had a choice to move to the Tree House (SSR) or to a studio at Yacht Club. I have never had this happen to me in 27 years as a DVC member. BW is my home resort and probably stayed there over 100 times. What's worse is member services will not reimburse me for the difference from the 1 bedroom points (106) to the studio (50). I understand that the rooms are not done, I'm not happy about it but I get it. But to make me move to Yacht club to a studio when I had a reservation for a 1 bedroom with being reimbursed for the difference in points does not seem right. I requested to speak to a sr. manager and today they called and told me the same thing. Either take one of the other resorts with no refund for the point differential or cancel my reservation. Is this allowed in the by-laws? Has any other members ever had this happen to them???

These things can and do happen and yes, they can move you if they need to.

In terms of points, the problem is they are offering you Yacht club, which is not DVC, and as a much higher point conversion than DVC resorts.

The treehouse option, I am assuming is more points and thus why they are not asking you to pay the difference.

I think if it was me, I’d ask to have access to club level at Yacht club…if that is an option. But, if not, I’d escalate it even higher that you should be refunded some points for being in a hotel room vs the 1 bedroom.

Is the hotel part of BW filled? Could you switch there and ask for club access?
I don't understand the 1 bedroom to studio size without kitchen area costing the same. The kitchen saves us so much in time, cost and steps.

Loosing Kitchen/Laundry access for the studio, and direct theme park access at all for the Treehouse Villa would be a no go for me. At minimum I'd be accepting at least a 1 BR villa in somewhere with direct theme park access.

Also, I'm not sure if the POS allows them to just cancel a reservation, so it might be possible to just show up and have this fight in person. I 100% would not cancel the reservation yourself no matter what though.

Loosing Kitchen/Laundry access for the studio, and direct theme park access at all for the Treehouse Villa would be a no go for me. At minimum I'd be accepting at least a 1 BR villa in somewhere with direct theme park access.

Also, I'm not sure if the POS allows them to just cancel a reservation, so it might be possible to just show up and have this fight in person. I 100% would not cancel the reservation yourself no matter what though.
I forgot the laundry. Another biggie.

They have to give you something but where they move you is based on what they have to offer.

I agree I would not cancel anything myself and take which option might work better. The problem with waiting is that is the front desk can’t really help as much and would most likely tell the guest to call MS…at that point, options could be even further limited.

I was called yesterday. I wanted water view, and there were no options, they even supposedly checked YC and Beach Club rooms. There was a YV water view club level that I could see online and asked them to check but that was a no go after they checked with the powers that be. We are settling for a pool/garden view and I am not happy at all.

By the way we were booked in a BW view studio and are going to a pool/garden studio. I would have taken a regular room at BW Inn, YC or BC if they could have given me a water view at any of those.

Is the hotel part of BW filled? Could you switch there and ask for club access?
I don't understand the 1 bedroom to studio size without kitchen area costing the same. The kitchen saves us so much in time, cost and steps.
yes, they Inn has no rooms

didn't cancel, had no option but to take the Yacht club studio. It's my wife's 60th birthday and we are love the BW area. Had no choice

I was called yesterday. I wanted water view, and there were no options, they even supposedly checked YC and Beach Club rooms. There was a YV water view club level that I could see online and asked them to check but that was a no go after they checked with the powers that be. We are settling for a pool/garden view and I am not happy at all.
If you can I would call them and at least request a specific room or set of rooms. I think you would get priority on a request since they are bumping you out from your original room. If you can get a room overlooking the green you will get a decent sized balcony and at least an obstructed view of the water. The 2nd floor studios are all new in that corridor (2053 to 2065). 3rd floor rooms I know are also open (or they were last week) but I dont know if they are new studios or not. While certainly not ideal that at least is better than the pool.

There is no way they should be charging them the 1 bedroom rate at boardwalk to stay in a hotel room at Yacht Club. The lack of a refund of the difference is absolutely outrageous. Disney certainly has extra points they could use to make the refund happen.
I totally agree. The difference is 56 points. if they had a studio at the BW they would have refunded the points so, why not at BC??

Studio at YC? I don't understand why they would move you from DVC to a hotel room at YC. YC is not DVC so I'm kind of confused. Do you mean a studio at the Beach Club? Regardless, whatever they are offering you is a downgrade. I would want points back!

By the way we were booked in a BW view studio and are going to a pool/garden studio. I would have taken a regular room at BW Inn, YC or BC if they could have given me a water view at any of those.
so, this happened to you as well.

Studio at YC? I don't understand why they would move you from DVC to a hotel room at YC. YC is not DVC so I'm kind of confused. Do you mean a studio at the Beach Club? Regardless, whatever they are offering you is a downgrade. I would want points back!
No, not BCV, the Yacht Club Hotel. They said the Yacht Club had rooms set aside just in case the BW renovations were not done in time. Who made the renovation schedule? Shocked they would have reserved rooms so close to when the work could have been done. This is a major disappointment and I still think I'm getting screwed with my points.

Neither alternative is comparable. Treehouse is nice, location is rough. 1BR to studio needs to return half the points.

I’d offer a list of alternatives that would work for us: 1BR at RIV, BLT, VGF, CCV,…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter