• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWVer's- where do you eat lunch?

waltskids

Disney Fans
We are going home to BWV in Nov. We're flying and are planning to eat out for all meals. Where do eat lunch? Is Espn, Big River Grille, and Flying Fish even open for lunch? How about restaurants at Yacht and Beach? Any suggestions will be very helpful. We will not be driving off property. Thanks:) :) :)

We had a mid afternoon lunch last December at ESPN. It was pretty good and it wasn't crowded (I think it was Thursday). I remember it because we're from Pittsburgh and it was the afternoon the surprise news broke that Mario Lemieux was coming out of retirement. :)

We also had lunch at Big River Grill in February. It was mid afternoon on a warm day and it was nice sitting outside, the tables were in the shade.

I believe Beaches & Cream and Yacht Club Galley are open for lunch. You could also head into Epcot, lots of choices there in the World Showcase.

Give the restaurants at the Swan & Dolphin Hotels a try. They are currently offering DVC (and also DC) members a 20% discount. If you just looking for something light and quick, try Tubbi's Buffeteria.

We eat lunch at Big River, Beaches & Cream, the WS restaurants at Epcot or sometimes we will just make a sandwich in our villa.

Yacht Club Galley (at YC) is good. Last year I got a discount as a DVC'er. :)

On our Sept trip, we had lunch at ESPN and the Yacht Club Galley (very good and a DVC discount). I think the Boardwalk Bakery also has deli sandwiches now, if you wanted something quick.

hi: espn is a favorite of the teens as well as beaches and cream. another goodie is le cellier. we're usually in a park around lunch time.

We usually have a light (read "inexpensive") lunch to save room for a great dinner. We like to stop by the hot dog cart on the Boardwalk. They're actually quite good! :cool:

There are many excellent suggestions here already. We have been making ESPN our lunch stop on day of arrival (our home is BWV) and find it pretty decent. We usually end up with some leftovers in the fridge because of the large portions. Although I've read mixed reports on Big River Grille, we have found it to be okay as well.

Lighter luncheon fare includes food at the pools and bratwurst (with sauerkraut and mustard, please) from the hot dog vendor on the BW. You add your own kraut and mustard, so I get it just the way I like it, heavy on the kraut. Not Wisconsin brats, but pretty good. There is a combo price for hot dog/fries/soft drink or brat/fries/soft drink which makes this an excellent value by WDW standards.

In addition to Tubbi's at the Dolphin, don't forget the Dolphin Fountain Ice Cream Shop. They have sandwiches, burgers, etc. Good quality ice cream as well. It's a toss up between the Dolphin and Beaches and Cream, but I think the Dolphin has more seating room, so it can be quicker. Plus they have been giving a 20% discount.

The Fish & Chips vendor adjacent to the Rose & Crown Pub in Epcot is pretty handy, since practically there when you enter Epcot at the International Gateway.

Finally, there are usually an accumulation of dinner leftovers from the previous days' dinners as we like to enjoy multicourse dining (appetizer, entree, dessert) when on vacation and the amount of food is then too much for the two of us to eat at one sitting. Having a fridge back in the room makes it convenient to bring leftovers back for reheating/eating later. Last trip, we didn't manage of consume all of our leftovers and had to trash them when we vacated the room, but it's nice to have the option.

Ralph

We've had lunch at the ESPN club and it's not very expensive at all!! The food is good and DH loves the atmosphere! I would try there. Of course, there are always small food vendors in the area that sell great snacks. I think you'll find that it will be hard to choose because of the variety! Have fun! :)

The Boardwalk Bakery is my favorite. The sandwiches are so big, that we often take half back to the room for later. Try the chicken salad!

KMarie

We've eaten at all the places on the BW except FF. I wasn't thrilled with the bakery. We tried the Dolphin Fountain Ice Cream Shop. It was very good. big big portions and the ice cream is very good. Like previous posters have mentioned you also get 20% off as a DVC member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter