Cafe orleans

3DisMunchkins

Mouseketeer
has anyone had the Monte cristo lately? Is the portion still the same or is it smaller (2 or 4 triangles). I saw a picture with just 2 from BB. Also is there always gumbo?
Thanks!

I went there last week. It’s 4 triangles. My mom and I shared and each ate two. There was no way I could’ve eaten that alone.

Not sure about the gumbo

has anyone had the Monte cristo lately? Is the portion still the same or is it smaller (2 or 4 triangles). I saw a picture with just 2 from BB. Also is there always gumbo?
Thanks!
We had the Monte Cristo July 4th. We split between my daughter and myself. It was still the 4 pieces. They had gumbo then as the seasonal soup.

I thought I had read that the menu was corrected to show the fabulous gumbo as the permanent soup, replacing the 'seasonal' wording.

Enjoy your meal at Cafe Orleans, it is one of my favorite places to eat!

I thought I had read that the menu was corrected to show the fabulous gumbo as the permanent soup, replacing the 'seasonal' wording.

Enjoy your meal at Cafe Orleans, it is one of my favorite places to eat!
The menu said "seasonal". We asked, hoping for the French Onion soup. It was gumbo.

Is the Monte Cristo at CO now like the one at BB (ie, with ham)? Seems like a read a while back that it was just cheese.

Was there a fee for sharing?

Generally speaking, there aren’t fees for sharing.

There are fees at some places for split plates, which is different than sharing. With split plates the kitchen actually splits the meal in two (the main and sides) and plates it onto two separate plates for you.

The last time I went to Cafe Orleans (April), the menu no longer listed a seasonal soup (it had said seasonal previously). Gumbo was the only soup offering.
IMG_20180425_111456_zpsx1bcthrv.jpg

(We had previously asked one of the long time servers about the "seasonal" aspect of the gumbo and he said that the head chef wanted to introduce something new. However, he was not looking forward to the day when the gumbo was taken off the menu because it was very popular and he expected there to be a lot of complaints when it was unavailable. I wonder if word got back to the head chef and he/she decided not to change that aspect of the menu.)

The last time I went to Cafe Orleans (April), the menu no longer listed a seasonal soup (it had said seasonal previously). Gumbo was the only soup offering.
IMG_20180425_111456_zpsx1bcthrv.jpg

(We had previously asked one of the long time servers about the "seasonal" aspect of the gumbo and he said that the head chef wanted to introduce something new. However, he was not looking forward to the day when the gumbo was taken off the menu because it was very popular and he expected there to be a lot of complaints when it was unavailable. I wonder if word got back to the head chef and he/she decided not to change that aspect of the menu.)
Very interesting! On July 4th, it said "Seasonal Soup", so we asked what it was, and it was the Gumbo.

How odd...
December => Seasonal Soup
April => N'awlins Gumbo
July => Seasonal Soup

I wonder if the chef is still hoping/wanting to go with a seasonal soup...it always almost seems like the menu listing is changing based on the season (ha ha).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter