Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy

Keep posting away, got to get those numbers up :lol:

9000 here we come

Hi everyone,

I just hung up from the Radisson to confirm everyone's confirmations. These are the changes that were made.

Doreen and Mary Rose - I changed your reservation to the group rate since it was at the higher rate.

Darlene - I changed your price also. You have to bring your ID.

Ed - you are confirmed and on the 1030 shuttle.

Everyone else's confirmation that I checked was fine.

Bev :sunny:

artsya3 said:
.. Welcome's.

Excited!!..

So, there is going to be a reception eh?

It is the Castaway Club Members reception that is held for the returning DCL cruisers. Anyone that has sailed with DCL in the past is a Castway Club Member and will have a special invitation to the reception delivered to their cabin.

Hi everyone,

The boards have been busy since I signed off awhile ago. I say 8000 by next weekend??? We have to do alot of typing and chatting!

Bev - thanks for the info.

Have a "Magical" night everyone!!!!

Whew! Post-crazy this weekend!

:welcome: Welcome Arlene!!!! I have twin 9 yo boys; your DS can find them most mornings and afternoons in the pools! We are also travelling w/ an 11 yo boy and my 13 yo son.

re: CClub reception - I'm looking forward to it!!! party: I read on a recent cruise there was something like 1000 CClub members on board?!!! :scared1: We're not such an exclusive bunch anymore, eh?! :rotfl:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. :sunny: (Hope the summer colds and sore neck are healing!!) We took a drive to Knotts Island, NC yesterday (not far from where we live) and picked peaches (yes, I forgot to pack the battery for my new camera! Doh! I wasn't quite as enthusiastic after realizing that!) :rolleyes: So what do you do with 10 lbs of peaches, when only one in your family actually eats peaches?! :scratchin why, make peach ice cream, of course!!!! It came out very yummy, I must say! :thumbsup2

Anyone else starting to feel overwhelmed by everything they need to do before our cruise?!!!! Yikes!

Verandah Man said:
We will be wearing our Cruisin' Castaways, "Cruisin' Disney Style" t-shirts for embarkation day.

Andy: Don't get me wrong, I love our Cruisin' Castaway shirts. I just didn't like the white shirt with that background. We will be wearing ours proudly though...........even if we have to change our shirt before the sail away party. :teeth:

Arlene: :welcome: Arlene & family :Pinkbounc

mickeymom923 said:
Tina - what video?? :confused3 :rotfl2: I'm still :scared1: :scared: :worried: :bitelip: :faint: oh, and did I say scared?
Bev :sunny:

Bev: I am sorry........but what I really need to hear is baby steps. :thumbsup2 We are in this together and will get through this together. :teeth: Now doesn't it get a little bit easier after you watch it more and more? :happytv: :wizard: :wizard:

Jen: Overwhelmed isn't the word I would use to describe me right now but give me another 2 weeks and I will be in that category with you. :thumbsup2

castoff said:
Jen: Overwhelmed isn't the word I would use to describe me right now but give me another 2 weeks and I will be in that category with you. :thumbsup2

Too true, Tina! I hope things for you come back together enough so that you can be merely overwhelmed! :love: pixiedust:

PoohJen said:
Too true, Tina! I hope things for you come back together enough so that you can be merely overwhelmed! :love: pixiedust:

Jen: Thanks, We leave for MS early on Friday morning. I haven't even pulled out the suitcase yet. :rolleyes: So far so good.........she's hanging in there for the party for next Saturday. Once I get back then I will keep busy with cruise mode.

disneycrazzzy said:
I stress just writing this post since my husband and I are not the most social people in the world. We are fine one-on-one with anyone, but groups of people are intimidating. Anyway...my rambling point is...we would love to meet and talk with many of you but probably won't if you don't approach us. It is just not in our nature to approach people we don't know. So...if you see a family wearing matching tie-dye shirts...that will be us...Anna, Curtis, Lucas, and Trevor.

The last five weeks before our cruise are going to go by really fast....I just made reservations to spend the next two weeks in Tallahassee and Texas on business. When I get back, we'll have less than three weeks to wait. This will be the first time in 7 years I've had to travel on business. This will be the first time I've had to travel on business since my kids were born when they didn't come with me (my husband and I work for a great company that managed to find projects for both of us when we needed to travel so the whole family went together). I work for the same company Dori does...IT industry. I have mixed emotions to be traveling without them...it will be strange not having any family responsibilities...but I will miss them.

Hey Anna,

It's nice to see you posting instead of just sending me side-bars via email. So you guys are pulling out the tie-dye t-shirts for the trip, huh? That will make it easy to spot you. If you need any help meeting folks, you guys should just hang out with me for a while... I'm not shy! (As I'm sure you have noticed over the years.) Devin is looking forward to seeing Lucas and Trevor again. He really enjoyed working with them to help us decorate the office for Halloween a couple of years ago.

So which project are you working on that they are sending you to Florida and Corporate? I know that you will miss Curtis and the boys, but look at it this way... You won't have to cook or clean or keep track of anyone but yourself while you are gone. Even though you will be working, it will almost be like a vacation. Believe I know, I've been to Kentucky twice since the start of the year. (Besides, there's nothing like a short absence to make them truly appreciate how much you do around the house.)
I can't wait for the trip. It's going to be really nice to have so many familiar faces on-board.

Dori :cool1:

I go away for the weekend and you guys go crazy.

Welcome to all of our new posters. Can't wait to meet you all. I have a DS 9 & DD 7.

Terry - thanks for everything. Hope week two goes as good as week one.

I have way too much to do before we go. It is going to fly by. This week I am the only one in my department that isn't on vacation. Should be interesting, and my boss told me that there will be a lot of changes when she gets back. It looks like they are re-organizing the depts and we will have a lot more to do. My neice gets married this weekend so this weekend is shot.

Time to get to bed - Cub scout day camp starts in the morning so we have to be up extra early.

Linda

L

ElliotFan said:
Hey Anna,

<clip>

So which project are you working on that they are sending you to Florida and Corporate?

<clip some more>

Dori :cool1:

I am working on the Florida implementation. Too bad that means travel to Tallahassee and not Orlando. I could have spent a couple of days at Disney on this trip if I was closer, but I'd better be studying the 300 page document in front of me instead of having fun. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's Monday, the start of another week folks, I hope you have a great one, it's supposed to get up to 100* here today, and maybe tomorrow as well. I'll be drinking plenty of water, that's for sure!!!

Angelina just woke up, I've got to take her to the gym so she can work out for about an hour.

This morning I woke up and told John:

"Well I worked last week.... I'M DONE!"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hehehehe! I don't know why but I really cracked myself up with that one! :teeth: I guess the excitement and newness and novelty of going back to work has worn off already. :surfweb:

As far as jobs go, I really am very delighted with this company and the people I'm working with, but while I'm physically at work during the day, my heart is still here at home :love:

When is everyone going to be wearing their t-shirts?? Are we all planning on wearing them at the same time, or just whenever....? John and I will probably wear them on Saturday for embarkation. Someone mentioned doing a group photo. When would that be??

We will wear our t-shirts for embarkation. Buddy Bear suggested a group photo but no one has talked about the logistics of doing that, yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter