Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaSpray said:
When is everyone going to be wearing their t-shirts?? Are we all planning on wearing them at the same time, or just whenever....? John and I will probably wear them on Saturday for embarkation. Someone mentioned doing a group photo. When would that be??

We could wear them at the first Dis meet? Have we decided on where and when yet? I was planning on changing into the other shirt. As far as group photo's..........I was thinking of Dis meet, Dinner, Pirate night so if your around me beware of the camera. :teeth:

castoff said:
We could wear them at the first Dis meet? Have we decided on where and when yet?

Unless someone else has a better time/place, it's 3pm on Saturday in the Promenade Lounge. It's listed on the Itinerary page :)

SeaSpray said:
Unless someone else has a better time/place, it's 3pm on Saturday in the Promenade Lounge. It's listed on the Itinerary page :)

Terry: Sorry guess I was confused. :confused3 What time does the safety drill start 3:30 or 4:00 ? Just hoping we have time to " visit " then get back to cabin for drill.

castoff said:
Terry: Sorry guess I was confused. :confused3 What time does the safety drill start 3:30 or 4:00 ? Just hoping we have time to " visit " then get back to cabin for drill.

Tina, the saftey drill starts at 4pm.

Promenade Lounge at 3pm on Saturday sounds like a winner to me, that's where we had our meets for our August 2003 and 2004 cruises. It will be cooler there and adults can get an adult beverage if they like!!! :teeth:

Baby, it's hot outside. So nice to be home for lunch and in the air conditioning, at least for a little while!!! :woohoo:

Hello everyone & welcome new & returning posters!

Jeez I go to school for the weekend & come back to page after page of posts. I kept clicking back...hmmm did I read this page yet? Nope....I had to keep going back. I'm not saying you talk too much... ;) ha ha

Jen: Yes I am overwhelmed! I have a tons to do before the cruise & things keep popping in my head to remember to pack. Do you think I would just throw them in a suitcase so I won't forget them? No that makes too much sense! :rolleyes:

Terry: You didn't sound "less than nice" at all. Just sounded like you were getting your hands full, which is understandable since you are now back to work full-time & I'm sure everyone is starting to finalize their plans...like me! :blush: I really appreciate all you do & hope you have a good work week!

We will be wearing our t-shirts for embarkation & the 3:00 meet. Group photo sounds fun as long as I can hide! :p

See you all soon! :woohoo:
Diane

allshookup said:
Jen: Yes I am overwhelmed! I have a tons to do before the cruise & things keep popping in my head to remember to pack. Do you think I would just throw them in a suitcase so I won't forget them? No that makes too much sense! :rolleyes:

LOL; I do that too, Diane (just stick things in suitcase over time). I need to start that soon for this cruise; I am convinced I am going to forget the birth certificates and cruise docs!!! I'd better make a checklist of "The absolute, can't get on the ship w/o them" Essentials! :crazy:

Hurray! We have a place to go the night before the cruise! :cool1:
We're flying in early on the 18th and going straight to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We're also thinking about sneaking over to the Magic Kingdom to see Wishes. When we come back in October we'll see the halloween fireworks, and there's been talk baout changng Wishes, so we want to see it "one last time". Aaahh.
:cloud9:
Lori

Is there a restriction on the amount of bags you can have per person, and is it enforced.

Hi everyone,

Doreen - I have an order from work. I'm just waiting for the others.

It's really hot out today. I'm complaining but this is nothing compared to what it will be one month from tomorrow when we get to Florida. :banana:

:hourglass Time is flying by. I can't believe it. I was sitting at work today trying to think of what I can bring - we already have leis, pens, magnets, bubbles etc. I don't know what to bring.

Bev :sunny:

disneycrazzzy said:
...I didn't mean to imply I haven't been with y'all (got to practice on my Southern drawl) from the very beginning. I have post #15 on this thread and have read every post....well maybe I skimmed a few...and I probably wouldn't pass any quiz about all the happenings in the past 23 months...I just wanted to re-introduce ourselves and hope to meet many of you....and the main reason I posted was to discuss Eagle Ray Divers....if you haven't figured it out yet...I tend to ramble...Thanks for the re-welcomes anyway.

...I better hurry up and get my printer warmed up to make my door signs. <Actually my printer is chugging away printing a 300 page document I have to have memorized for my business trip next week.> Here is my secret....I am printing off the nautical flag letters on magnetic paper and then cutting each individual letter out. That way I can spell whatever I want on my door. If anybody wants the letters of your family name or a short saying for your door sign, let me know and I'll have them when I get on the ship and hopefully bring them to the disMeet if I can overcome my social shyness. I printed off probably 300 letters before the repo cruise and gave them away on the last day. It was fun and made for a great door sign. Here is an example:

47146A-thumb.gif
47146N-thumb.gif
47146N-thumb.gif
47146A-thumb.gif

Let me know if you want some...

These are soooo darling....what a great idea! We have two cabins for our "famof8". Can you do numbers? Alternatively, Dorny would be great

Ct_TiggerFan said:
Is there a restriction on the amount of bags you can have per person, and is it enforced.

Ed, yes there is a limit (figures I can't find the info anywhere at the moment; I think they give you 2 luggage tags per person (not including carryons)??? Hmm, that sounds like alot). But I am responding b/c I also want to point out there's not a whole lot of room for storing your bags.

Anyone know if they'll take your empty bags and store them for you? I think we shoved all ours under the beds last time (we had 2 cabins). :confused3

I just turned on the TV :happytv: and I can't decide whether to watch "Titanic" or the "Poseidon Adventure". :confused3 :rotfl2: I think I'll put on the Disney channel. It's safer.

Bev :sunny:

Terry: I just was checking the first page and realized I haven't updated it, if you have the time here is our information
alicedisney: alice,DH(Tom), DS Dan(24), DSGF Kathleen(22 during cruise), DS Sean(16), DD Colleen(14) and my sister Lori. We have main seating.
Thanks for handling this and everything else you have done.
Alice

Hi everyone :wave2:

It reached 99 degrees here in Williamsburg, VA today and I spent the afternoon in the pool with the dog I am watching this week. She is a chocolate lab and I have been watching her since she was a puppy. She loves jumping in the pool after her ball. Finally she gave up and decided it was too hot for her outside and went in the house(thru the doggie door) where it was cooler. When I finally came and dried her off she went and laid down under the ceiling fan and fell asleep!!! What a life!!

I am starting to panic to decide what to bring. I have three suitcases laid out and I am going thru everything I have and they are going fro the I want to take suitcase to the maybe I wanrt to take suitcase then finally the suitcase that will be going!:scratchin

Tomorrow is someone specials' :bday: :cake: (Doreen) and I am hoping she has a great one!

The temperature here today was hotter then on Castaway Cay :beach: when I checked it earlier.

I hope everyone tries to stay cool and drink alot of liquids during this heat so no one gets sick. I am looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

Have a nice and cool evening !!!!

Jen......I have a packing list that I created for my family a few years ago. I got tired of reinventing the wheel for each vacation. I just print it out of the computer and make any changes need for the trip. Not big on thinking at times, so this is a big help for me.

PoohJen said:
Ed, yes there is a limit (figures I can't find the info anywhere at the moment; I think they give you 2 luggage tags per person (not including carryons)??? Hmm, that sounds like alot). But I am responding b/c I also want to point out there's not a whole lot of room for storing your bags.

Anyone know if they'll take your empty bags and store them for you? I think we shoved all ours under the beds last time (we had 2 cabins). :confused3

We were told by a room stewart that DCL will no longer will store your luggage bags for you. The change occurred after 9/11. You have to lay them flat under your bed.

Dizzyworld said:
Jen......I have a packing list that I created for my family a few years ago. I got tired of reinventing the wheel for each vacation. I just print it out of the computer and make any changes need for the trip. Not big on thinking at times, so this is a big help for me.

Good idea! I had a list last time we cruised, it must be somewhere around here on C drive!! :badpc:

:bday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOREEN!!! :cake: :sail: party: Take some time to celebrate!!! :cool1: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter