• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Kentucky Bluegrass DVCers

Hey all! We are heading back to WDW for a long weekend 9/4-9/7. Just the DH & I for our 15th wedding anniversary. No kids! First trip without kids since we've had them. We aren't doing parks but maybe one day and that's more because we are hoping to do a tour and most of those require park admission except for Backstage Magic. We have dinner reservations at Artist Point (had dinner there on our 1st anniversary!), Fulton's & Narcoossee's. Maybe have lunch at Sanaa. Everything else is open. Thinking about signing up for the Segway tour at FW besides the other tour we decide upon. Any other suggestions for our weekend besides relaxing and enjoy our time away from the kids? We land at MCO on Thurs at 12:10 pm then fly home Sun at 6:25 pm so we'll have about 3 full days at WDW.

Congrats on the anniversary.

One of the enjoyable things we did earlier this year and will do again in October is to enjoy Wishes from TOTWL. Just show your membership card. Last trip, we ate at Kona, drank a Lapu Lapu and then up for fireworks. Mini golf over by S&D is fun, and you can still enjoy the Boardwalk fun if you time it right.

My bucket list is Wild Trek safari, Seeds tour, Segway tour, fishing excursion, fireworks cruise, Richard Petty driving experience, and V&A.

Have a great trip.

Congrats on the anniversary.

One of the enjoyable things we did earlier this year and will do again in October is to enjoy Wishes from TOTWL. Just show your membership card. Last trip, we ate at Kona, drank a Lapu Lapu and then up for fireworks. Mini golf over by S&D is fun, and you can still enjoy the Boardwalk fun if you time it right.

My bucket list is Wild Trek safari, Seeds tour, Segway tour, fishing excursion, fireworks cruise, Richard Petty driving experience, and V&A.

Have a great trip.

Thank you, AirGoofy! I'm definitely planning to finally get to TOTWL. Still haven't made it there yet. Thought about heading to Tambu Lounge to get a Lapu Lapu and some of the awesome 'Ohana bread pudding, too. Today, I read about the carriage ride around Port Orleans and am contemplating that. We honeymooned at Port Orleans (when it was actually called that--not French Quarter) so it'd be a nice trip down memory lane. We dined at V&A the last night of our honeymoon and it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. I told DH I didn't wish to spend that much on one meal again!

I've been stalking the website using the new Availability Tool and have changed our reservations at least 3 times now. Was able to snag our 3 nights in a BLT standard studio the other day. If our WL for VGF doesn't clear, I'm guessing we'll keep this reservation. We haven't stayed at BLT so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Second to AirGoofy, love TOTWL is an awesome place to relax and enjoy the fireworks. I try to get up there every trip.

. We dined at V&A the last night of our honeymoon and it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. I told DH I didn't wish to spend that much on one meal again!

I've been stalking the website using the new Availability Tool and have changed our reservations at least 3 times now. Was able to snag our 3 nights in a BLT standard studio the other day. If our WL for VGF doesn't clear, I'm guessing we'll keep this reservation. We haven't stayed at BLT so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

VGF is the last WDW DVC resort for us to stay in as well, until the Poly is finished. I really enjoyed BLT, and hope you enjoy it or WL comes thru.

The price for the V&A meal looks outrageous, which is one of the reasons we haven't booked it yet. The other is that we ate at Citricos and I was terribly unimpressed. It was way overpriced, pretentious, and the food wasn't all that good. Since it is right next door to V&A, I'm worried about paying 2X for comparably bad food.

The food was wonderful at V&A but definitely not what we are used to spending on a meal. We can go to a fine dining establishment here around Louisville for around $100-$150 for both of us.

It was 1999 when we dined there. Meal + wine pairing + tip = $300. When they brought the bill to my DH he said, "Wow! This is more than my truck payment!"

I'd hate to see what it costs now. We are not wine drinkers at all so if I did it again I'd probably skip the wine pairing. It was a fantastic end to our honeymoon.

DH asked if I wanted to return there again for our 15th anniversary but I declined. I don't want to spend that much. We have reservations for Artist Point on our anniversary which was also where we dined on our first anniversary. :) I thought it would be lovely to do it again. And it's a whole lot cheaper than V&A. I figure that we can do our 3 dinner reservations with the TiW discount for about what the one dinner at V&A would cost. Plus I don't have to get so dressed up! A plus for me. :)

The food was wonderful at V&A but definitely not what we are used to spending on a meal. We can go to a fine dining establishment here around Louisville for around $100-$150 for both of us.

It was 1999 when we dined there. Meal + wine pairing + tip = $300. When they brought the bill to my DH he said, "Wow! This is more than my truck payment!"

I'd hate to see what it costs now. We are not wine drinkers at all so if I did it again I'd probably skip the wine pairing. It was a fantastic end to our honeymoon.

DH asked if I wanted to return there again for our 15th anniversary but I declined. I don't want to spend that much. We have reservations for Artist Point on our anniversary which was also where we dined on our first anniversary. :) I thought it would be lovely to do it again. And it's a whole lot cheaper than V&A. I figure that we can do our 3 dinner reservations with the TiW discount for about what the one dinner at V&A would cost. Plus I don't have to get so dressed up! A plus for me. :)

I looked it up. It is $400 with wine pairing. The TiW is a big discount, but that is still a lot of money. Then, there are upgrades? And, I agree, I really don't want to wear a coat in Florida. I'm more likely to be found at ESPN Club, eating a Reuben sandwich, and drinking draft beer.

I looked it up. It is $400 with wine pairing. The TiW is a big discount, but that is still a lot of money. Then, there are upgrades? And, I agree, I really don't want to wear a coat in Florida. I'm more likely to be found at ESPN Club, eating a Reuben sandwich, and drinking draft beer.

V&A will no longer be accepting TiW after July 31st so it would definitely be $400. We can dine at all 3 of our dinner ADRs for a little over that. You can dine in the Queen Victoria Room or at the Chef's Table for additional $$$. All the reviews rave about the Chef's Table but my take is it's a MEAL. A meal which I will eat, enjoy and digest. Yes, I'll have the memories of the experience but nothing tangible for my money. Oh wait, we did receive a chocolate bar and a personalized menu as a souvenir. :)

Hey KY! Just checking in. In northern Kentucky we seem to have jumped into fall with both feet. 55 this morning.

Just checking in for Kentucky! Planning 3 trips to "Home" this year. 2 stays at OKW and 1 stay at BCV. Cannot wait!

Happy Valentine's Day.

V&A will no longer be accepting TiW after July 31st so it would definitely be $400. We can dine at all 3 of our dinner ADRs for a little over that. You can dine in the Queen Victoria Room or at the Chef's Table for additional $$$. All the reviews rave about the Chef's Table but my take is it's a MEAL. A meal which I will eat, enjoy and digest. Yes, I'll have the memories of the experience but nothing tangible for my money. Oh wait, we did receive a chocolate bar and a personalized menu as a souvenir. :)

I think DW and I will try V&A one year, but it will be a once in a lifetime thing.

Hey KY! Just checking in. In northern Kentucky we seem to have jumped into fall with both feet. 55 this morning.

We have snow this AM.

Just checking in for Kentucky! Planning 3 trips to "Home" this year. 2 stays at OKW and 1 stay at BCV. Cannot wait!

Three trips sounds great. Are you doing weekend trips or week long trips? Either way, it's better to be in DisneyWorld.

Just joining the thread. Needed my Disney fix while suffering through this arctic blast!

Welcome. How much snow did you get? More importantly, when is your next trip? We're stuck here until June.

On the east end of Louisville, we've had about 10-12 inches I think since Monday. Our next trip is in September!

On the east end of Louisville, we've had about 10-12 inches I think since Monday. Our next trip is in September!

We had nine inches on Monday, followed by another inch Tuesday night. We really enjoyed going in September before the dds were old enough for school. It was hot, but there were never any crowds.

Bump! When's everybody's next trip? We have a reservation for BCV in October but we may cancel and change to HHI instead. I just don't want to spend "Disney" money $$$ on vacation this year! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter