Calling all Kentucky Bluegrass DVCers

AirGoofy said:
Let us know what happens and feel free to post away.

Let's get the Kentucky thread active again now that we have thawed out from our brutal winter.

Hey KY when are y'all headed back to the happiest place on earth, or on DCL or anything else Disney related?

disney212 said:
Let's get the Kentucky thread active again now that we have thawed out from our brutal winter.

Hey KY when are y'all headed back to the happiest place on earth, or on DCL or anything else Disney related?

Or Kentucky related or just say hey!

Just back from our 6 day stay at WDW. Did 2 nights at VGF then 4 nights at
BWV. Had our family of 4 and 3 guests. Wonderful stay and weather
couldn't have been better. Visited Blizzard Beach for the first time!

As you may notice we have moved from KY to GA now - KY
will always be home for me though. We live around 2 hours from
HHI so have visited there several times since we moved down here.

Already planning our next trip to WdW for spring break 2015!

Saw the new construction at the Poly from our balcony at the
VGF--looks like it will be beautiful when finished.

Just back from our 6 day stay at WDW. Did 2 nights at VGF then 4 nights at
BWV. Had our family of 4 and 3 guests. Wonderful stay and weather
couldn't have been better. Visited Blizzard Beach for the first time!

As you may notice we have moved from KY to GA now - KY
will always be home for me though. We live around 2 hours from
HHI so have visited there several times since we moved down here.

Already planning our next trip to WdW for spring break 2015!

Saw the new construction at the Poly from our balcony at the
VGF--looks like it will be beautiful when finished.

How was VGF compared to BWV?

How was VGF compared to BWV?

We stayed in a dedicated 2br lake view
at VGF, then 2br lockoff BW view at BWV.

Everyone in our party i think preferred VGF overall--it's
special. I feel spoiled saying this given how
nice BWV are. Cant beat the proximity of BWV
to Epcot and Hollywood Studios though.

We stayed in a dedicated 2br lake view
at VGF, then 2br lockoff BW view at BWV.

Everyone in our party i think preferred VGF overall--it's
special. I feel spoiled saying this given how
nice BWV are. Cant beat the proximity of BWV
to Epcot and Hollywood Studios though.

Thanks. VGF is the only WDW DVC we haven't stayed at yet. It is just so many more points than BWV. BLT has been my favorite thus far.

Thanks. VGF is the only WDW DVC we haven't stayed at yet. It is just so many more points than BWV. BLT has been my favorite thus far.

BLT has the extra bath in the living room
which is nice, TOtW lounge for fireworks
and catching the monorail inside the contemporary
also hard to beat. BLT is our home resort
but we've been exploring others and haven't been there since joining DVC in 2011.

I love WDW!

BLT has the extra bath in the living room
which is nice, TOtW lounge for fireworks
and catching the monorail inside the contemporary
also hard to beat. BLT is our home resort
but we've been exploring others and haven't been there since joining DVC in 2011.

I love WDW!

BWV is our home resort. We stayed at BCV in April, but we still went up to the TOTWL for Wishes one night. It is a great view and a great way to beat the crowds. I hope they keep that perk for DVC members.

Checking in from Lexington Ky. Trip booked for 12/27-1-3 3 nights at BWV and 4 nights OKW. Not my first choice of time to travel but best time to get my 20 year old and 16 year old together. I would love to try Grand Floridian at some point but will only do so in a studio. Too many points. I have a one bedroom booked for the next trip.

Checking in from Lexington Ky. Trip booked for 12/27-1-3 3 nights at BWV and 4 nights OKW. Not my first choice of time to travel but best time to get my 20 year old and 16 year old together. I would love to try Grand Floridian at some point but will only do so in a studio. Too many points. I have a one bedroom booked for the next trip.

We have never been during the Christmas/ New Year holidays, and would like to go during a MVMCP. But, it will probably have to wait until dds are in college or later. The 1 BRs are nice, but we usually do studio stays to save points and go more often. I too have yet to stay at the VGF, and noticed the number of points to stay there are just so much higher.

nisiemouse said:

It is very busy but also very beautiful. You will have a great time.

Hey everyone! Just finding this thread! My family and I live in Henderson. Just got back from WDW 2 weeks ago. Our 3rd trip in 2 yrs. We went to the DVC meeting while we were there and we are very close to joining! I'm very excited. I'm just trying to figure out the details of it all first!!! It's overwhelming!!! I'm concerned about availability issues....
So glad to see so many fellow Kentuckian Disney Fans!!

PrncJasmine said:
Hey everyone! Just finding this thread! My family and I live in Henderson. Just got back from WDW 2 weeks ago. Our 3rd trip in 2 yrs. We went to the DVC meeting while we were there and we are very close to joining! I'm very excited. I'm just trying to figure out the details of it all first!!! It's overwhelming!!! I'm concerned about availability issues....

Welcome!

Welcome. I'm in Owensboro. We went to WDW 3 straight years before we bought into DVC. Once you know you will go to WDW yearly or every other year, then DVC makes good sense. Do read a lot of info on these threads and learn about DVC, and feel free to ask questions here or elsewhere.

Here is what I have learned from reading these threads and gleaned from our 6 years of ownership:
Consider resale - cheaper initial purchase
Buy at the resort you want to stay
Be able to plan and book vacations close to a year in advance
Buy enough points (round up)
Don't finance - pay cash outright
Go slow. You're planning 30+ years of vacations

Hey all! We are heading back to WDW for a long weekend 9/4-9/7. Just the DH & I for our 15th wedding anniversary. No kids! First trip without kids since we've had them. We aren't doing parks but maybe one day and that's more because we are hoping to do a tour and most of those require park admission except for Backstage Magic. We have dinner reservations at Artist Point (had dinner there on our 1st anniversary!), Fulton's & Narcoossee's. Maybe have lunch at Sanaa. Everything else is open. Thinking about signing up for the Segway tour at FW besides the other tour we decide upon. Any other suggestions for our weekend besides relaxing and enjoy our time away from the kids? We land at MCO on Thurs at 12:10 pm then fly home Sun at 6:25 pm so we'll have about 3 full days at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter