Can I do this?

frayedend

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
Can I lock my kids in the room with some bread and water (I'll pay OOP for that). Then can I use the kid credits to go to the Signature restaurants. Maybe I can pool all the kids CS credits into TS credits so that I can go to TS for breakfast and dinner?

:lmao:

Well, I certainly hope so because that was just what I planning to do. Well, actually we have it worked out (3kids) we can pool all their ts and cs credits and dh and I can eat ts breakfast, lunch and dinner, use cs for snacks and the kids can eat using snack credits. :rotfl2: You really must learn to maximize the plan. :rotfl:

puddleduck said:
Well, I certainly hope so because that was just what I planning to do. Well, actually we have it worked out (3kids) we can pool all their ts and cs credits and dh and I can eat ts breakfast, lunch and dinner, use cs for snacks and the kids can eat using snack credits. :rotfl2: You really must learn to maximize the plan. :rotfl:

Thanks a lot! That is so helpful. I thought I had it all figured out but you helped me even more :rotfl2:

No problem. I can't wait for our trip. I picture myself at SAB watching the kids swim as I drink from my 2005 CSR mug and going back to our room at BWV at night. Add all those ts meals and cs snacks to the mix I just know it's going to be the perfect vacation. :rotfl:

puddleduck said:
No problem. I can't wait for our trip. I picture myself at SAB watching the kids swim as I drink from my 2005 CSR mug and going back to our room at BWV at night. Add all those ts meals and cs snacks to the mix I just know it's going to be the perfect vacation. :rotfl:

Cool, I usually stay at the All Stars resorts, but I much prefer the pools at the Poly and Contemporary. Did you know you can get free newspapers in the morning at the deluxe resorts? What I usually do is go early and put my towel on some prime pool chairs. Then I go to the rooms and find a newpaper that hasn't been taken yet. Then I go to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. I don't get ADRs but if I complain enough they always seat me. Then I use my 1989 mug (which I bought in the souvenir store and wasn't supposed to be refillable, but again, complain enough...) for drinks. I sit at the pool and digest while reading the paper I stole. Then it's off to the parks. I like to rent a wheelchair so I can get on the rides quicker :)

I just can't wait :banana:

frayedend said:
Cool, I usually stay at the All Stars resorts, but I much prefer the pools at the Poly and Contemporary. Did you know you can get free newspapers in the morning at the deluxe resorts? What I usually do is go early and put my towel on some prime pool chairs. Then I go to the rooms and find a newpaper that hasn't been taken yet. Then I go to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. I don't get ADRs but if I complain enough they always seat me. Then I use my 1989 mug (which I bought in the souvenir store and wasn't supposed to be refillable, but again, complain enough...) for drinks. I sit at the pool and digest while reading the paper I stole. Then it's off to the parks. I like to rent a wheelchair so I can get on the rides quicker :)

While I totally get the humor here :rotfl:

I never really understood the towel on the pool chair issue. I mean isn't that like the unwritten rule, save your beach chair with a towel? I mean I have always done it, Didn't realize I was so evil.

you can only use TS for signature meals at the pools at resorts you're not at. but it's ok, as long as you have last year's mug from PC.

Goobergal99 said:
While I totally get the humor here :rotfl:

I never really understood the towel on the pool chair issue. I mean isn't that like the unwritten rule, save your beach chair with a towel? I mean I have always done it, Didn't realize I was so evil.

I think you see this more as a problem on cruise boards and things where the pool chairs are generally all taken. Some people will "save" their seats for hours while they go to breakfast or something. I'm not really sure if it's a problem at Disney resorts (I have only gone in winter and the pools are pretty much empty).

Oh yeah, another rule, you can use one snack credit for a signature meal if you didn't eat dessert at your last TS. I had 5 CMs tell me this when I called the Universal Reservation Center. I can't wait to get to Disney. We just upgrated to the Hard Rock Hotel. And I booked my Magical Express to take us from Sanford Airport to Downtown Disney for the hotel check in. :)

puddleduck said:
Don't waste snack credits on kids. Use those to get a couple of Mickey ice creams and drinks for the adults. People throw away tons of food at Disney... just position your kids near the trash cans and tell them it is a buffet! :crazy:
:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

puddleduck said:
Even better, leave the kids at home, but tell Disney they're there. That way you can use ALL their credits on yourselves! :rotfl:

frayedend said:

That's why I love this board. You learn so much useful information that you would never learn anywhere else. I'm not using a wheelchair, I saved fastpasses from last Dec. that I plan to use and I dare a CM to say anything about it, like you I know how to complain. :dance3:

Did you know that if you are on a ride that typically has long lines, they usually have an exit right before you get on. So if you can, bring someone with you that doesn't want to go on the ride the first time. Let them leave the exit and find out where it goes. Usually you can get back in that exit door and cut right into the line without any CMs noticing. I know this works at the Haunted Mansion. Maybe people could post other tricks to cut the line. I used to just do the "Excuse Me!" as I pushed past all the people in line, then I would talk to someone at the front of the line as if I knew them. But it really is a pain to have to push through all those smelly rude people. ;)

Another great tip

frayedend said:
Can I lock my kids in the room with some bread and water (I'll pay OOP for that). Then can I use the kid credits to go to the Signature restaurants. Maybe I can pool all the kids CS credits into TS credits so that I can go to TS for breakfast and dinner?
:lmao:

Water, why pay OOP for water? Before you leave send the kids down to the pool with extra long straws. Talk about all you can eat (or drink in this case)!

katiedid0801 said:
Even better, leave the kids at home, but tell Disney they're there. That way you can use ALL their credits on yourselves! :rotfl:

Of course this works better on free dining. Be sure to tell them your kids are 10 or over (but not over 17, then there will be that "extra adult" charge on your room!!) so you get all ADULT credits for your kids who aren't there. If you are like us and only have one kid make sure you tell them you have more than one. Tell them you have as many as you can legally fit in your room so you get LOTS of credits! :rotfl:

I wouldn't bother looking for your mugs from a previous trip. Just grab whatever sort of cup you have handy and take it to the refill station on your way to the pool of your choice. Nobody will mind.

We can bring our refillable resort mugs from 1996 to signature dinners, can't we? I hope so-we want to make the most of the free dining plan. Already making the three kids save a snack credit item so they will have something to share for dinner since we will be using all their CS credits for our signature dinner. OH! That reminds me! If we have any dining plan credits left over after our vacation, they will be on E Bay if anyone is interested!

Hopefully everyone here, realizes this is a Sarcasm thread and these guests do not really do this to their children. But you know some will read this and not think that.

I have friends that are wait staff and they have seen abuses of the plan regarding children being fed little to nothing while Mom and Dad ate steak. And no the kids did not want it that way as they whined the entire meal. The staff kept asking them did they wish to order the kids something to eat and the parents replied no, we have PB&J back at the room for them.

So I am not sure the intend of the thread. :confused3

Just bring a couple of cans of corn for the kids. It is good for them. :rotfl2:

Don't forget to bring a toaster oven for your room too, you can make the kids something real nice with the free condiments from Pecos Bills (don't forget to bring your tupperware, but if you do just ask for a to go container).

The funny and ironic part about this thread is that my daughter will be eating better than any of your kids. With the pooled credits Disney is still providing she'll be eating anything she wants at a CS. Then buy paying OOP for her TS meals, she'll be enjoying CG, YSH, and FF. She just loves the Kid Strip at YSH, and the Crispy Tempura Fish with Fries and Tartar Sauce at CG. Far from being locked in a room with bread and butter and drinking pool water with a straw. I wonder where people get these ideas? I hope they havn't tried these themselves, or have been victims of this abuse as children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter