Can I do this?

Sammie said:
Hopefully everyone here, realizes this is a Sarcasm thread and these guests do not really do this to their children. But you know some will read this and not think that.

I have friends that are wait staff and they have seen abuses of the plan regarding children being fed little to nothing while Mom and Dad ate steak. And no the kids did not want it that way as they whined the entire meal. The staff kept asking them did they wish to order the kids something to eat and the parents replied no, we have PB&J back at the room for them.

So I am not sure the intend of the thread. :confused3

Are you serious? I mean really, get a sense of humor. Actually, it insults me that you would insinuate that any of us on this thread are being the least bit serious. It is so patently obvious that all of this is a complete and utter joke. The intent of this thread is to be a joke. You do know a joke don't you?

bstnsprts said:
The funny and ironic part about this thread is that my daughter will be eating better than any of your kids. With the pooled credits Disney is still providing she'll be eating anything she wants at a CS. Then buy paying OOP for her TS meals, she'll be enjoying CG, YSH, and FF. She just loves the Kid Strip at YSH, and the Crispy Tempura Fish with Fries and Tartar Sauce at CG. Far from being locked in a room with bread and butter and drinking pool water with a straw. I wonder where people get these ideas? I hope they havn't tried these themselves, or have been victims of this abuse as children.

Actually, the funny and ironic part of this thread is that we will be pooling some credits and I will be paying oop for my kids to eat steak and sushi ( which my well fed 5yo loves). I can't believe that anyone would actually take this thread seriously.

Just for the record, my kids are well-fed and never neglected. They are much loved. They will each be presented a plate of food 3 meals a day at WDW (as they are at home), along with various Mickey shaped snacks. They will never leave my side, even to go to a kids club. It just amazes me that people can take a humourus thread and ruin it. Thanks.

puddleduck said:
Are you serious? I mean really, get a sense of humor. Actually, it insults me that you would insinuate that any of us on this thread are being the least bit serious. It is so patently obvious that all of this is a complete and utter joke. The intent of this thread is to be a joke. You do know a joke don't you?

OK, I'll retract, I'm big enough to apologize if I misinterpreted where the sarcasm behind this thread was being directed. But it is very easy to read this thread and interpret it as implying that people who are pooling credits are abusing their kids by not feeding them, when they are really providing more options for them. Hopefully no hard feelings.

Whats all this talk of giving the children snacks, use the snacks yourself a few cans of whiskas should do the little tikes all the nutrients they need, and there is always the sink or toilet for water.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

bstnsprts said:
I see nothing funny in jokes about child abuse. So what do you have planned next, a good wife beating joke thread, or maybe just some good old fashion racist jokes.

eckin ell! its not like anyones made any jokes about beating their kids or anything! calm down

Again jokes, people. The irony in all this is that the children of the posters on this thread will all probably be given tons of food that they will eat two bites of and declared full.

And, please point out in my posts were I joke about abusing my children.

I certainly hope CPS is monitoring this thread aand is doing all it can to track down all of you who plan to neglect and abuse your children by taking them to Walt Disney World for their vacation!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And what's really funny is if you go read the thread about the bad choices for cs kids meal, the op of this thread frayedend, is arguing about their child's right to have good food at cs. Yep, sounds like an abusive parent to me. And what is even funnier is that people were dogging frayedend because, like I said they want their kid to eat decent food at WDW.

gotta go, the kids knocked over the garbage can looking for breakfast-Just kidding :rotfl:

So let me get this straight- If I take my old souvie mug into a TS then I can still order a smoothie AND a dessert with my free ddp? I don't really like smoothies but you know I want to get my money's worth. Perhaps I could sell my dessert in the food court of my resort for spending money.

OK, I'll retract, I'm big enough to apologize if I misinterpreted where the sarcasm behind this thread was being directed. But it is very easy to read this thread and interpret it as implying that people who are pooling credits are abusing their kids by not feeding them, when they are really providing more options for them. Hopefully no hard feelings.

Goobergal99 said:
While I totally get the humor here :rotfl:

I never really understood the towel on the pool chair issue. I mean isn't that like the unwritten rule, save your beach chair with a towel? I mean I have always done it, Didn't realize I was so evil.

The Poly has it on their resort info packet now about not saving chairs with towels. It doesn't bother me a bit. I come down to the room find a table and remove the towels!

frayedend,

Sorry if this is off topic. This is not a name you come across often. Wondering if you are someone I know from about 10 years ago??? If it is you will recognize the initials.......if not sorry to bother you.

cc

bstnsprts said:

Thanks. I was joking, and yes, I do plan to pool, share and whatever. Actually, that is what we did in Dec. I never intended it to directed towards anyone, just one big funny thread.

puddleduck said:

I did not say you were actually going to do this. Some will read it and not have read all the other threads discussing the Dining plan and might possibly think some are serious. Many people read these forums and take everything literally. They do not post or comment they simply drop in, read a thread or two and move on. Without all the background and knowing those postings, they could take it literally. I don't think anyone mentioned they were kidding around, until I commented. Also if this was posted on a nonplanning forum, it might have been funnier.

I see no reason why is out the realm of possiblity. Considering that some people do abuse their children and do so even at Disney, anything is possible.

I knew it was joke, but considering not everyone might, a disclaimer might be in order. I guess when I am aware that some are actually taking advantage of their children while on the dining plan, the humor was lost on me. Not everything is funny to everyone.

As Btnsports stated, he plans to use the plan to feed his child more, that has not been the case with everyone as I stated previously.

So I apologize for ruining everyone's attempt to make fun of what can be a serious situation for some.

Sammie said:
I don't think anyone mentioned they were kidding around, until I commented.
Usually when people include these
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
they are kidding around.

:happytv:

:lmao:

I admit, this board does not have the best sense of humor of late...

(PS- Do any of you remember the can of corn thing from way back when? :rotfl: )

We keep joking w/ my 12 and 14 yo nephews that we will be packing vienna sausages and potted meat for them to eat while the rest of us use their credits to eat at the nice restaurants. :rotfl2: And in case anyone is interested, we really are just kidding, my nephews on the other hand aren't so sure. I am thinking about packing a case of each just to get them really worried.

I think I will tell Disney I have 6 kids so we can get more food for free so I can gain back the 20 lbs. I just worked my butt off to loose. :rotfl2:

I can't believe some of you thought this was for real. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter