• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional Dining packages are posted!

But there’s absolutely NOTHING for Biergarten. Everything else has a million options. Very suspicious.

The same is true for normal Biergarten ADR’s. Nothing my whole trip until magically 1/1 it comes back with tons of openings.

So not a single reservation—CP or regular—has been made available for Biergarten for the entire month of December.

(1) Why?? Just a glitch? Incompetence? Or is there some sort of intentional plan here? And if there is, what could it be?

(2) What now? Will Disney eventually notice this and suddenly release them all at once? Will they not notice until the morning of December 1 when the restaurant host looks at the reservation screen for the day and sees that it's entirely empty? Will they simply never get released, and the restaurant will be walk-in only for the entire month? (Maybe that's the plan--an experiment in abandoning ADRs?)

Yeah, I think we’ll know around December 1 if they realize there’s a problem and plan to fix it. My guess is the system is showing it’s fully booked, so even on their end right now they don’t know no one’s made any reservations after November. They’ll find out 12/1 when it’s a fully booked day and yet no one is showing up. I’m definitely going to watch the website like a hawk that first week of December for when it hopefully gets fixed and a huge batch of ADRs become available.

I know a tiny handful of people for Biergarten for their CP, but were any for December? I’m willing fo bet those were all November shows.

I don’t think they’re experimenting with getting rid of ADRs because otherwise they wouldn’t have made Biergarten one of the CP options. I really don’t think Disney knows there’s a problem, and when people call they’re just assuming it’s super popular and filled up quickly. They’ll learn soon.

So not a single reservation—CP or regular—has been made available for Biergarten for the entire month of December.

(1) Why?? Just a glitch? Incompetence? Or is there some sort of intentional plan here? And if there is, what could it be?

(2) What now? Will Disney eventually notice this and suddenly release them all at once? Will they not notice until the morning of December 1 when the restaurant host looks at the reservation screen for the day and sees that it's entirely empty? Will they simply never get released, and the restaurant will be walk-in only for the entire month? (Maybe that's the plan--an experiment in abandoning ADRs?)

My money is on incompetence. A similar thing happened with Steakhouse 71. For a week or so there was nothing released for December. As resorts guests' ADR windows were opening for those dates, there were numerous reports (myself included) of people contacting Disney and being told it was just already booked even though it was pretty obvious that wasn't true. Then low and behold one night I get a Touring Plans notification at 3 AM that there's a Steakhouse 71 opening for our date. Guess what? There wasn't just one, there were tons! Someone finally flipped the right switch and December could finally be booked.

Something similar could very well be going on with Biergarten. But who knows? At this point the ADR system is kind of broken. The whole resort guest booking advantage is greatly diminished when they don't release things in time for people to actually use it.

my brother had the opportunity to chat with one of the restaurant managers yesterday at dinner,
they confirmed that capacity for the processional has been drastically reduced because the audience will be socially distanced.
so,do not think that the lack of package availability means more standby,
There will be little or nothing left.
if you really want to see the show book whatever package you can get.

Don’t give up hope! I was up at 3:30am and didn’t see where they had opened… up again and frantically searching all morning starting 6am. Finally resolved it was not going to happen after a couple of hours and after visiting this board. I was looking again tonight and landed a Rose and Crown (3:50 dinner/8:30 processional) on Christmas Day!!!!
Hi , where are seeing availability , when I pull up availability it asks for a time?
I am using lap top looking under candlelight Processional?

Don’t give up hope! I was up at 3:30am and didn’t see where they had opened… up again and frantically searching all morning starting 6am. Finally resolved it was not going to happen after a couple of hours and after visiting this board. I was looking again tonight and landed a Rose and Crown (3:50 dinner/8:30 processional) on Christmas Day!!!!

That's awesome. How did you grab it? Through the app, desktop, CP page, Epcot dining overall?

Biergarten just opened with packages!!!!

Got one for Christmas Day. Lunch. 5:15 show. Reserved through the regular ADR page. I think there are non-packages available too.

Biergarten just opened with packages!!!!

Got one for Christmas Day. Lunch. 5:15 show. Reserved through the regular ADR page. I think there are non-packages available too.
I think you’re the one that got the Coral Reef, wish we were swapping but we’re not gonna be there Christmas Day.

So I just checked and found Coral Reef for my preferred day and time! Yay!!!

Good Luck everyone!

Just got Biergarten on 12/5!! There were multiple times and I kept trying to get one, and kept showing purchase failed!! I finally was able to get a time on my computer.

I think you’re the one that got the Coral Reef, wish we were swapping but we’re not gonna be there Christmas Day.

You are right. Wish you were going Christmas day. If anyone wants an early lunch at Coral Reef, with the CP dining package, let me know. I will hold it for a bit before canceling and could try and coordinate it if someone want to try and grab it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter