Car Rentals in May

Question about Alamo Insiders...when you enter info on the website, do you have to agree to accept that list of insurance options? That confused me. We always decline those options when we rent a car and I'm wondering will they appear on the bill if you use the Kiosk? When I tried to decline on the Insider's page I couldn't proceed to join.

No bus! If you sign up for the Insiders program, you go straight to the kiosk and print out your contract then walk across the street and pick out your car. Super easy and no hassles!

Jill in CO

I assume the Kiosk is by the baggage claim area or is it accross the street in the garage? What information do you need to fill out the kiosk besides the confirmation # and your name, anything else?

Question about Alamo Insiders...when you enter info on the website, do you have to agree to accept that list of insurance options? That confused me. We always decline those options when we rent a car and I'm wondering will they appear on the bill if you use the Kiosk? When I tried to decline on the Insider's page I couldn't proceed to join.

I declined everyone and didn't have a problem, try again.

I assume the Kiosk is by the baggage claim area or is it accross the street in the garage? What information do you need to fill out the kiosk besides the confirmation # and your name, anything else?

Keys are in the door of the car. The kiosks are located right in front of the Alamo rental calendar on the the 1st floor immediately under baggage claim.

I went into my reservation and set up all my options (Under Save Time on my confirmation) and those options were there in the kiosk. I just confirmed everything and it printed out my contract. All you need is to swipe your credit card that you reserved with and it pulled up my reservation. You take the contract with you across the street. Someone will show you which row is which. Pick your car, inspect, and take your contract and the hangtag to the exit booth. They will look at both and your driver's license and credit card. Then you are on your way! Easy Peasy.

Jill in CO

Keys are in the door of the car. The kiosks are located right in front of the Alamo rental calendar on the the 1st floor immediately under baggage claim.

I went into my reservation and set up all my options (Under Save Time on my confirmation) and those options were there in the kiosk. I just confirmed everything and it printed out my contract. All you need is to swipe your credit card that you reserved with and it pulled up my reservation. You take the contract with you across the street. Someone will show you which row is which. Pick your car, inspect, and take your contract and the hangtag to the exit booth. They will look at both and your driver's license and credit card. Then you are on your way! Easy Peasy.

Jill in CO

I just rented an economy car for three days this weekend for $19 and just like Jill explained it was so easy to check in at the kiosk and just pick a car from the garage.

Just wanted to report that there are no economy cars, so we got to choose a compact. We picked out an HHR. Good thing I didn't spend the extra $1.50 when initially booking to upgrade to a compact ;)!!

For those of you with an upcoming Alamo/Alamo Insider Reservation ...check your rental car rates, in just one weeks time the price for the minivan I have rented for 10 days has come down $100 so far! :cool1: On Friday I got another drop in price and low and behold, this morning I saved another $25!!! Well worth continuing to check before you pick up that car!!! So for 10 days rental I am now paying $213.64 ... not a bad deal for a minivan rental!!!:thumbsup2

For those of you with an upcoming Alamo/Alamo Insider Reservation ...check your rental car rates, in just one weeks time the price for the minivan I have rented for 10 days has come down $100 so far! :cool1: On Friday I got another drop in price and low and behold, this morning I saved another $25!!! Well worth continuing to check before you pick up that car!!! So for 10 days rental I am now paying $213.64 ... not a bad deal for a minivan rental!!!:thumbsup2

mine went down this morning too..$132 for a one week minivan! Over a holiday weekend too :)

I was shocked that the price keeps dropping ...and happy too;)

We are renting from May 19-29, and I thought for sure having a vehicle over Memorial Day weekend would send the price through the roof ...guess I was pleasantly surprised!!!:rotfl:

I will continue to check everyday before we leave, now my goal is to get my rental under or just at $200!!!:thumbsup2

I checked again today and mine came down from $196.00 to $170.00. This is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Using the Alamo Insider's ID 7015820 and the $40 insider coupon (AD4027JDO), I just booked a minivan for May 16-28 for $248.50. The previous best rate we had was $283 with National.

My parent's reservation using the same codes for a midsize for week plus four hours from May 21-28 is holding steady at $84.17.

just modified my reservation again...8 days standard size for $97:thumbsup2

I am encouraged by the reports of finding larger size vehicles on the aisle at MCO...I would love to find a minivan or SUV! I need to rent and ECV for the week unexpectedly and it would be nice if I could fit it in the car for when we move from Universal to WDW

mine went down this morning too..$132 for a one week minivan! Over a holiday weekend too :)

Hmm I'm still at like $170.. wish I had your deal...

So I reserved a mini van.. I go to the kiosk and check in.. I go outside and someone shows me the aisle.. I pick which ever mini van I want in the row (assuming they will all be minivans).. get the keys inside it .. drive to gate and the worker looks at my paperwork and I'm off?

The standard rate through Alamo is now only a few dollars more than the midsize and I am thinking of upgrading my parents. I recall that MCO does not have standard cars so a standard reservation will result in receipt of a full size car. Is this correct?

Hmm I'm still at like $170.. wish I had your deal...

So I reserved a mini van.. I go to the kiosk and check in.. I go outside and someone shows me the aisle.. I pick which ever mini van I want in the row (assuming they will all be minivans).. get the keys inside it .. drive to gate and the worker looks at my paperwork and I'm off?

Yep!

Jill in CO

Alamo wouldn't let me check in online because of the $40 off coupon I'm assuming, so does that mean I have to go to a kiosk first before picking out the car? :confused:

The standard rate through Alamo is now only a few dollars more than the midsize and I am thinking of upgrading my parents. I recall that MCO does not have standard cars so a standard reservation will result in receipt of a full size car. Is this correct?
Yes

Check you national rates, they now seem to be parallelling alamo for late may at least

base rate for mid 95~ or 90$ (depending on contract ID) ...final price may vary depending on contract id and codes you can use

I think mine seems to have bottomed out at $66.55 for a midsize. It went up today to $70ish. Leaving in 2 days so I think my obsessive rate checking is done.

Check you national rates, they now seem to be parallelling alamo for late may at least

base rate for mid 95~ or 90$ (depending on contract ID) ...final price may vary depending on contract id and codes you can use

What codes do you use for National?

Just wanted to report that I rented a midsize vehicle from Alamo at MCO for $101 & it was a 10 day rental. Got to the midsize aisle and there were more SUV's and mini vans than anything. Ended up with a 2011 Ford Escape! Was super happy! This was Sat 5/7 at 11am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter