Car Rentals in May

I just booked a full sized car through hotwire for $200. It's a Budget rental. In the past I have used coupons and codes and have gotten really great deals. This tme it was more difficult. I paid for this rental when I bookes it.
Tara

I got $242 total price ,taxes in, for Apr30th to May12th with Alamo- curious, can I do any better?

That's a pretty good rate. Prices are high now. I booked my rental with National many months ago and I'm paying $272 total for a full size/Exec. Aisle for 13 days. I compared my rates for last year, same time and they were almost the same. Last year for the same rental I paid $288. While we can hope for a last minute fare, right now they are not even listing Florida under last minute fares and I fear that will be like that the entire month of April with Easter/Spring break.

I just booked a full size through Priceline for 8 days at 171 total. Travel dates may 11-18. Price per day $12. I had tried this same bid the day before and was rejected-Priceling implied that I would need to bid about $23 per day!

Alamo has come down about 20 bucks for my dates, but i still think it's too high ! I might regret waiting but I am holding out until I get a decent rate :rotfl: it just makes NO sense to me that Hotwire is cheaper than anyone out there right now, including priceline. I have bid every day on Priceline and been declined, but obviously i'm not going to up my bid and pay more than I would to hotwire

Alamo has come down about 20 bucks for my dates, but i still think it's too high ! I might regret waiting but I am holding out until I get a decent rate :rotfl: it just makes NO sense to me that Hotwire is cheaper than anyone out there right now, including priceline. I have bid every day on Priceline and been declined, but obviously i'm not going to up my bid and pay more than I would to hotwire

It doesn't make sense. Before I confirmed on Hotwire, knowing it would probably be Hertz, I went to Hertz site and couldn't come close to Hotwire's price. I even tried Advantage to see if they were supplying the car since they are related; couldn't touch Hotwire. Enterprise who is also known for low prices; no where near Hotwire.

Hi all! I've never booked a rental car before ( I know!) and I was wondering if $234 for an 8 day mid-size rental is a decent price? It includes a second driver for free (thanks Costco!) It seems kind of unfair since they won't be picking it up until 5:30 or 6pm and returning it at 10 or 10:30am, but they're counting it at 8 full days. So with all the tax, fees, yada yada, it breaks down to about $30/day. I'm thinking this seems okay, but then again, I've never done this before. :rotfl2: Thanks!

Hi all! I've never booked a rental car before ( I know!) and I was wondering if $234 for an 8 day mid-size rental is a decent price? It includes a second driver for free (thanks Costco!) It seems kind of unfair since they won't be picking it up until 5:30 or 6pm and returning it at 10 or 10:30am, but they're counting it at 8 full days. So with all the tax, fees, yada yada, it breaks down to about $30/day. I'm thinking this seems okay, but then again, I've never done this before. :rotfl2: Thanks!

That seems like a good price, but what I do is book it and then if I find something cheaper (dollar and thrifty) I book that and cancel the other one. I have gotten 10 days for a mid-size as low as $199.:banana:

Doesn't sound too bad with going rates but I'd keep an eye out since you can cancel if it's not prepaid or through Hotwire/Priceline and rebook. It might come down as a last minute rate. You might want to check out Mousesavers.com or Carrentalsavers.com for codes as well. I think from what I've seen though Costco code is sporting the best rates right now. Unfortunately we don't have a close Costco to join. I have a full size (Hotwire) a few wks ago for $172 all in, 8 days also even though our "8th" day is only for 1 hour (pu 9 am; ret 10 am). We go May 5-12.

Hotwires prices came down a little bit. I just booked a 7 day (may 7-14) through them for a midsize for $143 including all taxes and fees. I think it was somewhere in the $11 per day range for the car.

Keith

Hotwires prices came down a little bit. I just booked a 7 day (may 7-14) through them for a midsize for $143 including all taxes and fees. I think it was somewhere in the $11 per day range for the car.

Keith

Great deal !! my dates (May 9-16) come out about $30 more on Hotwire :confused3

I just noticed something. I priced a car on hotwire at $198. Then looked at carrentals.com and saw a advertising banner for hotwire quoting a price of $162 the same size car. I thought well maybe there is something not quoted in that price but let me see. So I click on the banner and sure enough $162 is the price for a 7 day rental! $35 difference is great!

I just booked my flights and when with the Hotwire $147.20 and it is Hertz again.
I was watching the national news this evening and the news out of Egypt and the threat of gas prices shooting up make me decide to move on with my planning. I wanted to get everything locked in, just in case. My flights did go down $10 per ticket since yesterday, and I promised myself if they went down at all I would book right then. I'm locked in now.

After reading some more of this thread I went back and rechecked to see what Hotwire would give me now. The same rental is $40 more. Glad I booked early.

I was checking this morning (Alamo and National) for my friend and my DD and it looks like the prices are a little lower this morning. I'm 4 weeks away and have a decent rate, but am watching for others too.

Just got a mini-van on Priceline for 5/5-5/14 for $403 total! It's from Avis. Is that pretty good? :confused3

Just added a day to our trip so I altered my Alamo ressie and found that by adding another day my rate went down $20! CHA CHING

Just added a day to our trip so I altered my Alamo ressie and found that by adding another day my rate went down $20! CHA CHING

Well heck, you should've added a few more days. :rotfl2:

That's always a good feeling when you get more and pay less!! Congrats!

Looks like prices are down a little on Hotwire today from May 3 - 10th. Economy to mid-size are all 11.95/day (total $144) and standard and fullsize are 13.95 (just under $160 total). These rates are the cheapest I've seen for my dates buy I'm still holding out for a minivan as the hotwire rate is still high at 33.95/day (total $330) which is higher than Budget with the travelocity code which is just under $300.

Was on dollar's website last night and the city specials for may went down about 80.00 for me so I modified it. Rental for one week in a midsize out the door for 201.00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter