Car Rentals in May

I have been trying for 2 weeks to get a midsize from priceline for $10 a day with zero luck, I've also been trying for a compact at $8 & $9 a day and have been declined. I figured I would try $11 a day this morning for a midsize and I was accepted, my total including taxes was $161.20 for 8 days, I guess I am ok with that :rotfl: I was hoping to pay 130 ish but oh well

Just checked National rates for early May and was able to drop my rental price by $60. :cool1:

Just checked National rates for early May and was able to drop my rental price by $60. :cool1:

Congratulations! No real change for us. I got a very good rate many months ago, but I have been noticing the prices dropping back down to a more manageable price. Hopefully it will keep heading downwards. I'm paying $277 for a 12 night reservation, Exec aisle, guaranteed full size, but always check for a better price (several times a day). My dates are May 2-14.

That's great! Nat'l is still $150 more than what I paid through hotwire for our May dates, even after my corporate rate. Not sure why I keep looking since I prepaid and can't change anything!!!! I guess just validating my choice. I vow to stop looking as of now. :rolleyes1

I'm telling you, it's still way too early. I'm renting for a week starting 5/4 and my current Alamo midsized reservation is about $175. I guarantee you I won't pay a penny over $130 and I would imagine it will be closer $115 or so. I paid $134 for a week in March and that is the most I had ever paid at MCO.

I'm telling you, it's still way too early. I'm renting for a week starting 5/4 and my current Alamo midsized reservation is about $175. I guarantee you I won't pay a penny over $130 and I would imagine it will be closer $115 or so. I paid $134 for a week in March and that is the most I had ever paid at MCO.

I'm May 5 for 11 nights. When you get your great deal, please let me know so I can piggy-back it! :lmao: I am so sick of checking and putting in codes, but I just can't see spending $300 for an economy car for 11 nights!

Has anyone rented from Advantage? Got a weekly rate of $137 taxes incl for late May, a few weeks ago. This is for a midsize car. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks.

I just book a standard SUV picking up at the CCC May 8 for 11 days. Total price is $392.xx.

I don't know about that. The hotwire booking I made, 9 days beginning 5/7 for a standard size, is now $312 - I paid $202 a few weeks ago.

I have booked, cancelled and rebooked 3 times since 3/30. We are going to Universal for a day and debated just picking up a car at Dolphin, so I started pricing out. We are now renting our entire stay picking up and dropping off at MCO!

Dates are 5/17-23
Alamo Mid Size

3/30 base rate $184.81 - with taxes $199.61
4/2 base rate $171.75 - with taxes $185.83
4/6 base rate $153.33 = with taxes $181.42
4/8 base rate $153.90 - with taxes $167.02 :yay::yay:

Keep checking!!

I think I'm stuck with really high rates, but it's probably because I'm doing a Weds-Sun. It's too long for a weekend coupon and not long enough for a weekly coupon.

I'm May 11-15.

I think I'm stuck with really high rates, but it's probably because I'm doing a Weds-Sun. It's too long for a weekend coupon and not long enough for a weekly coupon.

I'm May 11-15.

Now that just seems bad, esp. since you have the Sat. night stay. Have you tried tweaking your times by 30 minutes on each end. Once you are over 2 hours, it's considered a whole day.

I'm May 11-15.

With Alamo/National/Enterprise you should qualify for a weekly rate (and Alamo weekly coupons) with a four day plus rental (eg. 4 days and 30 mins.) The main Alamo coupons are not out yet but there are some e.g. Visa/Costco that work for your dates. It is a lot cheaper than a straight 4 day rental.

Check http://www.carrentalsavers.com and http://www.mousesavers.com for discounts and codes.

I've got a mininvan from Alamo from 5/14-5/21 using Alamo Insiders Corp ID and VISA coupon code for $434.92. That's with fees/taxes & free extra driver. So far this is the lowest I could find (I'll only use Alamo/National). I'll keep looking, but when I started months ago the same rental was over $700! And I've tried every Corp ID/Coupon code out there. Hoping for lower still, but I could live with this (sort of).:confused3

Sheri

I found a car through National May 21-25 for $129. I used the Corp ID and Visa code from Mousesavers. It's weird because when I booked it without my Emerald ID number it came out to $129, but with my ID it was $164. Don't know why the difference . . . .

I'm still hoping to get a car for our whole trip (May 17-25) through PL for about the same price. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I've been checking the Costco Alamo rates multiple times a day since I booked my trip (Feb). I had a midsize 5/30-6/6 for total of $210 from Alamo DCCC. A few moments ago, I got the car for $158. Had to tweak my car rez a bit and don't need the car my entire stay - so it worked - picking it up at MCO on 5/29 and return to the DCCC 6/5. I'll miss the ME to Pop, but I'll be taking it back to MCO..... I love the ease of using the ME!!!! ...fingers crossed the Alamo DCCC rates come down too as they went up considerably a few weeks ago. I'll keep checking them until the day I leave....

I agree with many of the posters - the prices have been really high this year - highest I've seen, but I've noticed this pattern for over a year to various destinations....fares usually come down about 45 days out.... I've always had amazing rates through costco/alamo.... $158 is the highest weekly rate I've experienced for anywhere in FL....

I booked full size car for our 5/12-17 back in January with coupons from the Entertainment book. I am happy to report that last night I finally got it down to $195.00 with my coupons.:cool1::thumbsup2:worship: I always check on a daily basis and will do so up till the day before we leave.

My May rate dropped today! So folks should re-check. My dates are early May (2-14).
I changed mine and now I'm paying $188 for a full size (Exec Aisle) for 12 days (+1hr) and the total is $270 after taxes/fees. With 3 weeks to go, you gotta love the direction it's going. Now if it only continues to drop. Not bad for a nearly 2 week rental.

My May rate dropped today! So folks should re-check. My dates are early May (2-14). It still doesn't beat the price I'm holding that I booked earlier, but is only a few dollar off and with 3 weeks to go, you gotta love the direction it's going. Now if it only continues to drop.

Thanks! My May rate is down today too! :cool1::cool1: It is nice to finally see the rates start to drop! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter