Car Rentals in May

I have a quick ? for all of you Disser's! I just got off the phone w/ Alamo to see if the rates went down for my sister/mom's car when they are at the world. Everyone I spoke to a few weeks ago were all very nice and helpful, but "Ryan" was a big pain in the you know what. :rolleyes:

They are getting a midsize for $233.45 for an 8 day rental. The alamo people let me use the Entertainment coupon for a free rental day AND the costco code for blank % off and a free additional driver. It even states it on the confirmation email they sent my sister. The guy tonight tells me they shouldn't have done it and they'll adjust the price accordingly at the counter.

His answer was "our system doesn't allow for two codes to be used and you're WRONG". :rolleyes1 Um, okay, just checking. If their "system" won't allow it, then how come three people all came back with the same pricing and let me do it? I just don't want my sister to get up there and get slammed with another X/day fee. :mad: I've never booked a car before and I know she'll yell at me if it ends up being higher (she's lazy and won't book it herself, her reality TV comes first :rotfl::laughing: )

Are they going to give her trouble at the counter when she hands over the coupon and shows her Costco id? Thanks!

My May rate dropped today! So folks should re-check. My dates are early May (2-14).
I changed mine and now I'm paying $188 for a full size (Exec Aisle) for 12 days (+1hr) and the total is $270 after taxes/fees. With 3 weeks to go, you gotta love the direction it's going. Now if it only continues to drop. Not bad for a nearly 2 week rental.

I had the same thing happen for me, though my trip is in South Dakota. I am also Exec and I had a mid size SUV drop from $520 to about $220 for 12 days. :banana:

My rate, with Alamo, for a compact dropped yesterday to $170.85 for 8 days in May. Still more than I wanted to pay but better than it was when I booked back in Feb. Today I was able to book a mid-size with them for $170.53! My dates are 5/20-5/28.

I had the same thing happen for me, though my trip is in South Dakota. I am also Exec and I had a mid size SUV drop from $520 to about $220 for 12 days. :banana:

That's a great price for a SUV for that long! Congratulations!!

Are they going to give her trouble at the counter when she hands over the coupon and shows her Costco id? Thanks!

Never go to the counter, just use the kiosk. No good can come from having to talk to a counter agent.

Never go to the counter, just use the kiosk. No good can come from having to talk to a counter agent.

I know, but when I told them to go to the kiosk, they said they wanted to talk to someone (they're going to add on insurance :scared1: ) She has full coverage w/ her insurance co, but doesn't want to have to deal anything if something should happen to the car. :confused3 I'm at the point now of not really even worried about it if they're going to throw ~$200 out the window for insurance. :sad2:

I;ve been watching prices for May 6 - 13, but since we have 7 in our party we need either a minivan or an SUV. I decided about a week ago that I'd keep trying priceline, and if I could get a deal we'd get a car, otherwise we'd stick with the buses. This morning my price was accepted on priceline - I bid $24 per day, plus I had a bonus cash reward (from an email they sent me) that added another 2.86 per day, so the toal bid was 26.86 per day. It was accepted by Avis. With taxes & fees, my total cost is $258.68 for the week!

I;ve been watching prices for May 6 - 13, but since we have 7 in our party we need either a minivan or an SUV. I decided about a week ago that I'd keep trying priceline, and if I could get a deal we'd get a car, otherwise we'd stick with the buses. This morning my price was accepted on priceline - I bid $24 per day, plus I had a bonus cash reward (from an email they sent me) that added another 2.86 per day, so the toal bid was 26.86 per day. It was accepted by Avis. With taxes & fees, my total cost is $258.68 for the week!

That's a great price for a minivan!

My trip went way down.

I was booked for MIA to MCO, 5/29 to 6/2 for $215 for a full size. Which was ridiculous, but we needed a way to get from the cruise ship to Disney and I really like having a rental while we are in Disney.

Just checked today and got $112 for a full size (using only an insider discount), that's just $19.10 per day. :worship:

For those with Alamo reservations it looks like several of their coupons have been extended to 6/4/11 - http://www.carrentalsavers.com/alamo.html

I just added this to my ressie..

NEW! Alamo Coupon, $25 off your next 3 day rental ! For $25 off - use Alamo coupon code AD5691JDV. Requires 3 day rental, use for rental pickup by 6/30/11. Blackouts may apply. No printout required.
hope they don't ask for any type of coupon! :worship:

Thanks for posting these. ;)

I just added this to my ressie..

NEW! Alamo Coupon, $25 off your next 3 day rental ! For $25 off - use Alamo coupon code AD5691JDV. Requires 3 day rental, use for rental pickup by 6/30/11. Blackouts may apply. No printout required.
hope they don't ask for any type of coupon! :worship:

Thanks for posting these. ;)

No worries. I've used those coupons before with Alamo and they have never asked for the coupon. It will specifically state if the coupon must be presented.

How are you guys finding such great deals? I'm looking at a car from 5/17 (MCO)-5/25 (return at TPA) and I can't find anything under about $215 for an economy car!

OMG, I just went back and checked National after seeing that Alamo had dropped and National dropped again today. And to my surprise a minivan cost less than a full size rental. I reserved a minivan for $192 after discounts with a total of $277 after fees added. But this is for a nearly TWO week rental. It's for 1 week and 6 days!! The base weekly rate was only $161. I could've gone with my normal full size Executive choice for $247, but for only $30 more I get peace of mind that I'll get something bigger since we are picking up the family on week 2 and then we'll be a party of 6. Of course, if my Executive rate continues to drop, then I might be tempted to gamble and hope for a crossover on one of the 2 aisles. I have 3 weeks left...

OMG, I just went back and checked National after seeing that Alamo had dropped and National dropped again today. And to my surprise a minivan cost less than a full size rental. I reserved a minivan for $192 after discounts with a total of $277 after fees added. But this is for a nearly TWO week rental. It's for 1 week and 6 days!! The base weekly rate was only $161. I could've gone with my normal full size Executive choice for $247, but for only $30 more I get peace of mind that I'll get something bigger since we are picking up the family on week 2 and then we'll be a party of 6. Of course, if my Executive rate continues to drop, then I might be tempted to gamble and hope for a crossover on one of the 2 aisles. I have 3 weeks left...

Wow, I can't get ours to go down. What combination are you using?

:)

Wow, I can't get ours to go down. What combination are you using?

:)

My dates are Monday May 2 pick up @ 11:AM and drop off on Saturday May 14th noon. I've been having the best luck with 5007160 and the $35 coupon ND8578adt. But I'm using the entertainment $40 coupon for a 10 day or greater rental. It might be because I'm picking up early in May because I tried my DD who is picking up on May 7th and hers is still high. Though now she doesn't need a rental.

My dates are Monday May 2 pick up @ 11:AM and drop off on Saturday May 14th noon. I've been having the best luck with 5007160 and the $35 coupon ND8578adt. But I'm using the entertainment $40 coupon for a 10 day or greater rental. It might be because I'm picking up early in May because I tried my DD who is picking up on May 7th and hers is still high. Though now she doesn't need a rental.

I'm picking up on ... May 7! Oh well, I'll keep checking.

Thanks!

Although, I did use your combination and it has been the best so far, thanks for sharing! May 7-15 for $184!! Exec Aisle Res

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter