Cars Land is possibly coming to Epcot

Except that Cars as a theme doesn't fit GM, let alone Chevy. The only Cars character really based on a recognizable GM vehicle was The King based on a Plymouth, a brand barely lamented in its loss these days. Some people stretch McQueen to a corvette, but it's pretty weak. Whereas other main characters, Sally, Doc Hudson, Sheriff, Luigi, Sarge and more are obvious direct correlations to current or past GM competitors. Without Cars 4 taking a major tack toward GM products, I don't see GM, and especially sub-brand Chevy, sponsoring an attraction that does a better job showcasing competitors than its own products.

Plymouth is not a GM brand.

Jeff Corvette was in Cars that's about as Chevy as it gets.

One minor character based on Jeff Gordon wouldn't be enough tie in for Chevy though. Like the pp said, changing it to cars would reduce their impact. No sponsor will keep paying the same for less. They want more for less. If it goes to cars, which would require a change to the dump store to cars would mean Chevy goes.

I personally would not like to see Test Track overlay with Cars. I miss the edu-tainment aspect of Epcot. I get that there is a concern with "boredom" but education does not have to be boring. The main thing is that it is entertaining and fun, because you are on vacation, but if you happen to learn along the way, that's great! With changing Epcot to IP central, we lose the potential for education altogether. I don't mind if IPs are integrated, like in the France pavilion and UK, but the focus should center on appreciating those cultures. I personally dislike that Norway features Frozen, because Arendale is made up, has nothing to do with the real country.

One minor character based on Jeff Gordon wouldn't be enough tie in for Chevy though. Like the pp said, changing it to cars would reduce their impact. No sponsor will keep paying the same for less. They want more for less. If it goes to cars, which would require a change to the dump store to cars would mean Chevy goes.
I was just mentioning a Chevy tie in. I agree that this rumor is crazy and incredibly unlikely.

You can say that about a lot of ideas behind closed doors and rumors. I'm just telling you what I'm hearing. Cars land is being talked about. It probably won't happen, but it has been discussed.

Disney's getting apprehensive about the following

- the budget to the Guardians Coaster
- the lack of appeal for Mission Space and the complaints of sicknesses and injuries from the ride

and

- the lack of an IP for Test Track. It was originally supposed to be a Tron themed ride, but that movie tanked in the U.S.

I'm sure that the Disney brass has discussed bringing Radiator Springs to WDW. There's a good argument for doing so. Someone might have even said, "What about EPCOT? That place needs some work." But to actually move beyond that thought to actually study the idea is what I DO NOT believe. Why? Because it's a stupid idea. Putting Carsland ANYWHERE ELSE at WDW can be made to make sense, but not at EPCOT. On top of that, Iger said a few months ago that a big update at EPCOT was coming, and that it would be in keeping with the original theming of the place. Radiator Springs is about as far from an "Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow" that can be imagined.

I'm sure that the Disney brass has discussed bringing Radiator Springs to WDW. There's a good argument for doing so. Someone might have even said, "What about EPCOT? That place needs some work." But to actually move beyond that thought to actually study the idea is what I DO NOT believe. Why? Because it's a stupid idea. Putting Carsland ANYWHERE ELSE at WDW can be made to make sense, but not at EPCOT. On top of that, Iger said a few months ago that a big update at EPCOT was coming, and that it would be in keeping with the original theming of the place. Radiator Springs is about as far from an "Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow" that can be imagined.
Actually Iger hasn't said anything about Epcot it was Bob Chapek head of parks and resorts.

I would argue it makes more sense at EPCOT than Animal Kingdom, but that doesn't change the fact that it makes essentially no sense at either...

I would love to see Electric Umbrella get a retheme. I’ve never understood the concept for that restaurant. What’s an umbrella have to do with Electricity? I can understand a kite with a key, but not an umbrella. Whoever came up with this idea must have been fired.

Actually the idea was thought up by Disney Legend Rolly Crump.

Cars land doesn't have any place in WDW. Let's keep it unique to California so that it then entices people to try the other parks around the world rather than just carbon copying everything?

I'm a stickler when it comes to what should and should NOT be cloned. I'm with you on this one. Carsland should stay with DCA. This was the land that got the park out of its rut. I'd hate to see DCA's identity get degraded by having it cloned (in the US anyway).

If Disney wants clones at WDW, they can borrow stuff from the overseas parks which American visitors will be less likely to reach, which is why I'm...okay...with the Ratatouille ride if it does come.

The Umbrella is a mass feeding location. What's there to be disappointed about?? WDW wouldn't be what it is today without Rolly
Crump. Respect.

The trash bins are a better place to eat than Electric Umbrella. At least put a fricking singing robot or something inside it. Entertain us if your not going to give good food and theming. It looks like Figment and the Dreamfinder threw up all over that place.

The trash bins are a better place to eat than Electric Umbrella. At least put a fricking singing robot or something inside it. Entertain us if your not going to give good food and theming. It looks like Figment and the Dreamfinder threw up all over that place.
I mean if you want good food the world showcase is right there, I've always felt that future world has pretty subpar dining options (quick service at least) but there's plenty of alternatives

Getting back to Jon Hale, I just checked out his blog post and it has all the stats for 2016. In 2016, he rode RSR 2,823 times with a monthly average of 235 times per month at an average of 17.86 times per visit. Wow, that's a lot! :)
So somehow he has been riding it at least 35x per week (roughly), or over 150x a month. I guess if you can go twice a week and knock out over 25x per day you could keep up and build a cushion for those off-weeks or months. Interesting use of an AP. Just shows there are all kinds of people in the world.

Getting back to Jon Hale's story, I just checked out his blog post and it has all the stats for 2016. In 2016, he rode RSR 2,823 times with a monthly average of 235 times per month at an average of 17.86 times per visit. Wow, that's a lot! :)

I have read on a couple different sites, plus a little employee gossip... Cars will either go in DHS or, and most likely, replace the LAME grandprix in MK WDW. There is something new going in future world, . Seems undecided as of now but Tron coaster is def being considered for epcot. to save money they will order 2, ( ?), and put one in Calif. and one in Fl. This seems the most likely to me. WDW knows it must up it's game at both DHS and Epcot or risk losing multiday peeps to universal, esp. in FL. There seems to be a lot in the works for 2020, 50 yr. celebration already.

I have read on a couple different sites, plus a little employee gossip... Cars will either go in DHS or, and most likely, replace the LAME grandprix in MK WDW. There is something new going in future world, . Seems undecided as of now but Tron coaster is def being considered for epcot. to save money they will order 2, ( ?), and put one in Calif. and one in Fl. This seems the most likely to me. WDW knows it must up it's game at both DHS and Epcot or risk losing multiday peeps to universal, esp. in FL. There seems to be a lot in the works for 2020, 50 yr. celebration already.
Cars isn't currently being considered for anything at WDW as far as I am aware. Tron was being considered for Tomorrowland not Epcot. Also the 50th is in 2021 not 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter