Cases rising or dropping by you?

Province population of 1.2 million.
We have had 325 confirmed cases with 7 deaths.
Currently we have 16 active cases. We had got down to 5 active and back up to 18.

Last edited:
Arizonia is not "too many residents cannot seem to care enough"....here in western arizonia it is a cultural problem. It all started when quarintend families traveled out L.A. to visit their families in Mexico in March/April...when there were no cases of covid....very safe place. Every night on the local news we see that families in large gatherings to celebrated the L.A. family arrival put very vulnerable, obese, diabetes,heart, asthma folks at risks.....and those Imperial valley families were probably not recipient sufficient health care. Eventually, Imperial county, a poverty didn't have infrastructure to stop the spread or cultural biases " not going to happen to us"/ This then spread to the other border towns and thru the poverty in Yuma. large families living together paycheck to paycheck, 3rd world border towns without resources So the spike here in Yuma is not from mass gatherings.....but from poverty.

All states should have a zero travel restriction from/to FL, TX, and AZ. These states have too many residents and leaders that just cannot seem to care enough. Just like with many other conditions in life, you can’t help someone who’s unwilling to change their behavior.

NJ beaches opened over a month ago. So far so good, hope that continues. 4th of July weekend will see major beach activity so we'll get a better picture. No bars, no gatherings. Social distancing. Indoor dining has been postponed. Only some people are wearing masks outside in public.

Non-essential stores just opened and I wonder how that turns out. Kohl's, TJMaxx, etc are busy. People are complying to masks indoors around here so if this doesn't result in immense spread, that's a huge win in the mask wearing column. Maybe we can resume much of our activity while keeping spread under control. It'll be a long time before large gatherings like concerts and baseball come back though.

Is NJ's compliance working or did we just get over the spike first? There's plenty of room to build a new spike, at most we've had around 20% exposure statewide. Looks like compliance is working. From what I've witnessed, major spread started and it quieted down. Caution is being used as things continue to reopen.

There are many great reasons to limit spread and I believe it's possible to accomplish. The community needs to be mentality invested in reducing spread. Adjusting to a handful of changes makes the outlook so much better for our health and economy. It's not hard to wear a mask indoors or where people are close together, to social distance and avoid large gatherings. It's much harder for obstinate people maybe.

We just had our first reported death. This was someone who contracted the virus during a mothers day gathering and has been in acute care since being released from the hospital as "recovered."

NJ beaches opened over a month ago. So far so good, hope that continues. 4th of July weekend will see major beach activity so we'll get a better picture. No bars, no gatherings. Social distancing. Indoor dining has been postponed. Only some people are wearing masks outside in public.

Non-essential stores just opened and I wonder how that turns out. Kohl's, TJMaxx, etc are busy. People are complying to masks indoors around here so if this doesn't result in immense spread, that's a huge win in the mask wearing column. Maybe we can resume much of our activity while keeping spread under control. It'll be a long time before large gatherings like concerts and baseball come back though.

Is NJ's compliance working or did we just get over the spike first? There's plenty of room to build a new spike, at most we've had around 20% exposure statewide. Looks like compliance is working. From what I've witnessed, major spread started and it quieted down. Caution is being used as things continue to reopen.

There are many great reasons to limit spread and I believe it's possible to accomplish. The community needs to be mentality invested in reducing spread. Adjusting to a handful of changes makes the outlook so much better for our health and economy. It's not hard to wear a mask indoors or where people are close together, to social distance and avoid large gatherings. It's much harder for obstinate people maybe.

Didn’t NJ have 3000+ new cases just a day ago and 300+ deaths?? That doesn’t seem like a good trend. I’m in one of the few states on a downward trend. There are only 32 people hospitalized. We’ve only had a bit over 5000 cases overall, mostly in long term care facilities. We’ve had days in a row with no deaths and new cases in the teens.

Didn’t NJ have 3000+ new cases just a day ago and 300+ deaths?? That doesn’t seem like a good trend. I’m in one of the few states on a downward trend. There are only 32 people hospitalized. We’ve only had a bit over 5000 cases overall, mostly in long term care facilities. We’ve had days in a row with no deaths and new cases in the teens.
Those numbers aren't even last week's total. We're kind of at a flat of just under 500 new cases daily (pop. 9m) and I think 35-50 deaths daily. At the peak early April, 4000 cases daily and the testing capability was much lower than current capacity. Likely there was well over 10k new cases daily back then, maybe even more.

There was major spread but it really has been reduced. That may change as we continue opening more things but they are watching for outbreaks in between each next step. They postponed opening indoor eating, I think to watch how the beaches fare first over 4th of July. Then any rise numbers won't get mixed between beach and indoor dining. If beaches do ok, then we can watch how indoor dining does.

State by state trends are here - this link is NJ looks like 300+ a day ago.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/state-timeline/new-confirmed-cases/new-jersey

Those numbers aren't even last week's total. We're kind of at a flat of just under 500 new cases daily (pop. 9m) and I think 35-50 deaths daily. At the peak early April, 4000 cases daily and the testing capability was much lower than current capacity. Likely there was well over 10k new cases daily back then, maybe even more.

There was major spread but it really has been reduced. That may change as we continue opening more things but they are watching for outbreaks in between each next step. They postponed opening indoor eating, I think to watch how the beaches fare first over 4th of July. Then any rise numbers won't get mixed between beach and indoor dining. If beaches do ok, then we can watch how indoor dining does.
That's interesting. Although CA's case count is way up in daily numbers, our deaths aren't that much higher than yours at 50-100 for the last 7 days (with a low of 38) in a state of 39.5 million people. Our deaths have actually stayed relatively flat on a 7 day average since April.

https://public.tableau.com/views/CO...15931020425010/Cases?:embed=y&:showVizHome=no
More concerning for CA is the hospitalizations which are on a current uptick. Although we currently have enough ICU beds statewide. Hopefully Newsom's new orders help.

https://public.tableau.com/views/COVID-19HospitalsDashboard/Hospitals?:embed=y&:showVizHome=no

Cases dropped today in AZ, but I expect another spike after the 4th. No reason to not expect a lot of pool party BBQs.

In my suburban county near San Francisco, since early June, the moving averages have gone up.

Daily cases from 25 to 150.
Daily deaths from 1 to 5.
Hospitalization census from 10 to 55.

This is with no indoor dining, no indoor retail besides the usual “essentials, and no gyms.

Just people not wanting to follow precautions.

NJ added in 1800 or so presumed Covid deaths recently which made it look like a spike. We are actually slowly reopening, some say too slow, but definitely have more released from hospitals than admitted and deaths around or under 50 a day now.

Back to a rising trend in Wisconsin. Usually test results are lower on weekends and no exception today, but the daily positives are close to, if not the highest yet. Almost 11% positive. This is so depressing. :sad:

We're starting to see a slight uptick too, though I'm not alarmed yet because our positivity rate is holding steady in the 2.5-3% range and hospitalizations are flat. We might be the only state where the "more testing" explanation actually holds water right now - we hit the 20K tests per day mark only once in May, once in late June, and *every single day* in July so far. I hope those numbers help cooler heads to prevail in not rolling back our reopening too far despite the alarm about trends in other states.

We've got 59,036 cases reported in Florida this week. Absolutely headed in the wrong direction.

From the Orlando Sentinel today:

Florida breaks coronavirus record with 59,036 new cases reported in one week
From Sunday to Sunday, Florida reported 59,036 new coronavirus cases, the highest amount in a one-week period since the pandemic began. 312 deaths were reported this week, ending a seven-week period where the state saw under 300 fatalities reported.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter