Cass, Rob & Kira - Universal & 10-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy 2017

You three are just too cute for words! I am so enjoying this trip report! So sorry that the heat was getting to you and you weren't feeling well. At least you know how to handle it when it happens. We were in Tortola 10 days later and it was an overcast day so it was perfect outside. We did a beach excursion and then shopped for a bit as well. It was my first time to Tortola and, although beautiful, I wouldn't mind staying on the ship either! I could live on Deck 4. Between walking every evening after supper or just lounging...my favorite place!

" Kira and I had walked around the building to see if there were any other stores, there weren't, and then we came right back.

Well, it just so happens that this was the time where Rob came out. :sad2:

He said that when he came out, we weren't there and he went searching for us.

So honestly, when he told me this, I was kind of mad. Kira and I had been waiting there, dying of freaking heat because this is where I said we would be.

Even in the shade, the heat was getting to me. Kira was sort of okay sitting in the shade but I was..not!

I had started to get that dizzy, sick feeling and I was done! :worried:"

Actually, when I left you, you said you would be "around here" and when I came out you were not around anywhere. I figured with the way you were feeling you needed A/C since I knew you were really struggling with the heat and I went to the shops that were really close. I tried wi-fi to text you but it really sucks and you only have 10 free minutes but it takes that long to just connect. I think in the future for ports that need any part of your party to be away but you still want to be able to talk, taking some walkie talkies would be a great idea since there isn't reliable cell or wi-fi service for texting without incurring major charges. All you need is to be able to communicate within 100m so those would do the trick.

Actually, for Castaway Cay that would have solved the problem of missing each other in December too! I think I'll pick us up some good ones for our next family trip and it'll work in the theme parks too even if the cell service is saturated.

Last edited:
Day 12, Part 2

Before I left Cabanas, I took a couple of pics of the port area.

875.jpg

876.jpg

After watching Rob eat, it was time for my lunches :rolleyes:

Once again, I grabbed it to go and ate while I watched a movie on our stateroom TV.

Rob went back to supervise Kira so I was all by my lonesome :teeth: :cloud9:

I didn't know if I wanted a burger or some strips, so I got both :laughing:

865.jpg

Kira and Rob got back and they took showers and then it was time to sail away from Tortola. It was a very short port day but it was so darn hot, I did not mind saying adieu to Tortola.

Rob and I watched us sail away past all these gorgeous islands from our verandah. I had to go back into the room very often though because it was way too hot for me.

880.jpg

We passed by Buck Island, which has a tremendous house on the top. I've seen it before online so I recognized it right away. It is just gorgeous! You can check it out HERE.

Here's the house from our perspective...

881.jpg

The Escape was following us :rolleyes:

882.jpg

883.jpg

884.jpg

886.jpg

I went to play TV Tunes Trivia with the gang. It was fun and challenging but I really don't like La Piazza for trivia. There's never enough chairs for people! I played trivia in La Piazza, O'Gill's and D Lounge and BY FAR, D Lounge was the best place to have it. I wish all of the games were in there.

Rob took Kira to go see some characters...

889.jpg

Notice that she's wearing her kids club band? :goodvibes I think she made it to the club a couple of times today :thumbsup2

890.jpg

892.jpg

I got back to the room just in time to watch a little bit of the sun set.

885.jpg

887.jpg

888.jpg

There was no big show tonight, just a magician, which Kira hates. She thinks they are just tricking us and thinks that it's really mean. :lmao:

So, we thought it was be a great opportunity to enjoy some more pool deck time together. This made Kira so happy and when my little punk is happy, I am happy ::yes::

Sitting at a table for two hours with no one to talk to was not something I was going to make her do again. :sad1: I was going to miss out on my friends' company but I knew they would understand and that I would see them again.

I felt a little bad but for so many reasons, this was just a better option for our family.

We did the same thing as the other night, Kira got dinner at Flo's and watched the movie on Funnel Vision while we went to Cabanas and then she waited for us to go in the pool.

897.jpg

We had a great server again but the assistant server who was doing drinks and bread was brand new. Like so brand new that she was afraid to talk. When she did talk, she was so quiet and unsure of herself, we couldn't even hear her.

898.jpg

This was Rob's dinner...

899.jpg

902.jpg

And this was mine..

900.jpg

I got extra topping for my potato and it was delicious!!!

901.jpg

Kira was texting us asking us to hurry because there was no one else in the pool :rotfl:

I told her that we wouldn't be long and to just chill and be patient. :rolleyes1

Next time we cruise, she will be old enough to be able to swim on her own, which will make us all very happy :teeth:

891.jpg

Rob had asked if they had some sort of soup from the menu we would have had tonight and they didn't but they brought him the mushroom soup.

903.jpg

The best thing about dinner, for Rob was the bread basket and specifically these buns with cranberries in them.

He asked for a couple more and they brought him an entire basket full of them!

904.jpg

He was super happy when he found out that they were still warm :rotfl2:

We brought them back to the room and he snacked on them later.

905.jpg

We skipped dessert again to get back to Kira quickly.

Rob watched her while I went to go change into my swimsuit.

896.jpg

Since we had skipped the magician, we actually had tons of time that night for the pool and Aquaduck, it was pretty awesome!

Honestly, I would be happy to do this every night, it was really fun and it made my daughter so happy :lovestruc

Kira and I went on the Aquaduck maybe 4 or 5 more times.

893.jpg

894.jpg

And then we swam together a bit and then I went to the adult pool for awhile, which was total Heaven again!!! :cloud9:

Back to the main pool and sat with my kiddo for a bit.

895.jpg

I think we got some ice cream and then watched the movie for quite a while. They played Finding Nemo and then Finding Dory that night.

On the way back to the room, we passed by Flo's and I grabbed a little snack for myself :p

It was a NON-spicy chicken burger :love:

And it was DEEEEEElicious!!!

908.jpg

Here's our towel animal and Navigator for our last At Sea day.

907.jpg

909.jpg

We only had two more days to do, how sad!! :sad::sad::sad:

Actually, today was super awesome, even with the temperature that rivaled the surface of the sun because this was our first "bonus day". Normally, we would take a 7-night cruise and this was day number 8 and I gotta tell ya, it was FREAKING awesome!! :worship:

Normally we would be flying home but instead, we had a really fun day on the ship and we still had two more to go.

Lucky us :cool1:

Last edited:
Wow Cabanas looked busy! We always so we are going to give it a try one night and we never get a chance. Glad you had a wonderful evening with your family! I love how you guys just enjoy your togetherness!!:love: Its precious, they grow so fast.

Yes, Tortola was hot and it was like that in Oct too. I am glad Claire and I picked a water activity today. It was fantastic.
One of these days I need to try Cabana's at night.

I loved doing the trivia things....even though I wasn't very good. I think this was the day the kids won.

I was so looking forward to our stop in Tortola for the shopping. But, I don't have caviar taste (more like hot dogs) so I would pass by the expensive stores and search for the less expensive places. Sad to hear that there aren't that many. :worried:

Nice to see that you got a great picture of my house on Buck Island Island though. If I knew you were coming, I'd have bake a cake! :cake::flower:

Chuck said to tell Rob to "get his hands off those buns"! :rolleyes1:):):)

You cracked me up with the line about Canadians being like unarmed Americans with healthcare! Love it!

Looks like you guys are having a blast...sucks that it was so hot you couldn't enjoy the ports but it looks like you found other ways to have fun!

Jill in CO

Day 13, Part 1

Wow, we are almost done this thing, folks :o

I only have 35 photos from today so I think I will just wrap this day up in one post :thumbsup2

Today was the day I didn't want to get out of bed. I just felt like being super lazy and I told Rob and Kira to go have breakfast without me.

So that is what they did...

910.jpg

Although I only see Rob's food. :scratchin Maybe Kira was at the buffet getting hers?

I dunno, he doesn't take as many photos as I do :rotfl2:

He did take this one on the way out...

911.jpg

I think I eventually rolled out of bed at 9:30 and got ready and then took this pic...

912.jpg

I went and had my breakfast all by my lonesome while Rob and Kira showered.

913.jpg

I added a sausage patty to my usual this morning and sat at the bar behind the fruit.

I think Kira went to the club while Rob and I played Pixar Trivia in La Piazza. We tied for first place with two other teams and we won a flashlight. They were short of prizes since three teams won so we all just said we would be fine with one flashlight per group.

It was fun and the trivia was hard but it was multiple choice. We only got 2 answers wrong out of 25, so I guess we know our Pixar :p

After that, Kira met up with us and they did family crafting together, they made some bookmarks.

I think I went to the shops one last time to double check on sizes but no luck. :(

914.jpg

915.jpg

Then Rob took Kira to meet Aladdin...

917.jpg

918.jpg

Kira wanted to go check out the pool but it was way too crowded! She grabbed some lunch anyway.

919.jpg

920.jpg

I met up with them for the character dance party in the Atrium which was a lot of fun. :cool1:

921.jpg

922.jpg

I was taking video while Rob was taking some photos for me.

923.jpg

924.jpg

She had a lot of fun near the end because Chip and Dale came right over to dance with her and Dale was pretty hilarious interacting with Kira.

Time to say good-bye..

925.jpg

Kira headed off to the Club or maybe to play midship detective and Rob and I headed down to the Buena Vista Theatre to watch Jason Hudak's final presentation, which was super interesting as it was all about working at Pixar.

Then we headed to Cabanas for Rob.

Only 4 plates today, Rob? :lmao:

Notice his shirt? :charac4: ;)

926.jpg

927.jpg

928.jpg

I just kept him company and then I went and got my usual from Flo's and headed back to the room. No pic, it's the same burger I got almost every single day :rotfl2:

Kira came back to the room and I mentioned to her that I spotted some fruit bars at Flo's so she went to go see if they still had some.

929.jpg

She had to ask for it but she got it :thumbsup2

930.jpg

We watched a movie together and then Rob joined us and we all snuggled in bed watching it together, one of our favourite things to do :love:

I think Rob fell asleep :rotfl:

931.jpg

And because we are on vacation, she had another ice cream :rotfl:

932.jpg

We watched Disney's Believe in the Walt Disney Theatre and then we played 70's music trivia in O'Gill's with Jen & J and kids.

It was super hard and Rob even cheated because he is a (somewhat retired) DJ and he has like 20,000 songs on his phone or something crazy like that so sometimes when we were stumped for the artist and he had the song, he would try to look it up. You had like almost no time before they moved on to the next one so it didn't help us much :rotfl2:

I was shaking my head at him and told him to put his phone away, I don't like cheaters :rolleyes2 :laughing:

We were debating on going to Cabanas for dinner but we checked out the menu and we weren't too keen on it....

933.jpg

We were still in O'Gill's and I remembered that I had been wanting a pretzel and they had them (for a charge) here!

We texted Kira to come and meet us in O'Gill's as kids were still allowed there until 9pm and I thought maybe we could get a few things to share.

944.jpg

This was when Rob started to feel a little off. His throat was a little sore and he didn't have much of an appetite. :sad2:

If he wasn't hungry, you knew something was off :sick:

Since he wasn't very hungry, I got the pretzel and the tater tots to share and then Kira showed up.

935.jpg

The pretzel first came like this...

936.jpg

But the server quickly scooped it up and left with it. :confused::confused::confused:

He brought it back a few minutes later like this...

937.jpg

I would have preferred that he just left it there so that it would still be warm because it wasn't warm anymore by the time he brought it back. :sad2:

The cheese sauce was not warm either so it wasn't great and the mustard was gross.

The pretzel was good but it would have been better hot and with hot cheese sauce.

We also got this...

938.jpg

I totally forgot to ask him to leave the peppers off but I just picked them off and dove in.

This was divine!!! :worship:

And it was HUGE!!! We didn't even eat half of it, which made me sad because it was ridiculously good!!! :cloud9:

Kira only had a few bites though so it was shared mostly between Rob and I and he wasn't eating like he usually did.

I tried to stuff as much of it into my belly as I could but my belly was getting too full. :rolleyes1

I think it was $21 for this and a diet coke with tip and I would totally do it again!!! Well, I might skip the pretzel and try the sliders next time.

Kira and I spent some time in the pool and Aquaduck again while Rob sat on deck with us, watching the movie, which was Finding Nemo and then the live action Cinderella. None of had seen Cinderella before but I wanted to enjoy some adult pool time so I missed a lot of it and we left before it was over so we will all have to watch it at home sometime.

939.jpg

We walked past the adult pool and Kira was so jealous! There was no one else in it (except me for about an hour :cloud9:) and she wanted to hop in so bad. :p

934.jpg

Back to the room...

940.jpg

941.jpg

We had actually left the pool deck because we had planned on seeing the Premiere of Spiderman:Homecoming at 11pm. We were going to be seeing it earlier than most people on land, which was kind of neat.

It had been announced that it would premiere just before midnight which was amazing because it technically wasn't a Disney movie (Sony released it) so we didn't think we would be able to see it.

I had checked the app and it appeared to be the ONLY showing of it so we wanted to make sure we got to see it. When we got to the room and saw the Navigator for the next day, I noticed that it was going to playing several more times on our Castaway Cay day so we made the decision not to stay up late that night and instead we would watch it the next afternoon.

Good decision as we all needed some extra rest!

942.jpg

I was worried that Rob would miss out on CC again! The last time we were on CC, he was feeling ill and missed out on the fun with Kira and I, so I was hoping that he would be feeling better by tomorrow.

So glad we skipped the movie and got a good night's rest :thumbsup2

Last edited:
SO. MUCH. FUN! I've ziplined at a tree-trekking place in Canada, but man..........your experience is much more fun!!!! Way to go Kira!

Ooooh, tree-trekking place sounds like fun :cool1:

Wow, you guys are quite brave to zipline!! Great video!

It's really not scary. We had some people in our group who were scared of heights and they did it just fine :thumbsup2

And Joe! hahahaha

HAHAHA, how did Joe get stuck back there? :rotfl2: Poor Joe!

Go Kira!!!! I'm so glad she did the zipline, it looks amazing!!!! Short indeed but looks like you all had a really excellent time!

I am so glad too :goodvibes It was definitely a highlight of the trip and something we will all remember forever :thumbsup2

If you look really close at the cloud on the left I think it looks like Mickey's profile.
I have read most of your last trip reports but had to comment on this one.

HAHA, totally!!:earboy2:

You and your hubby are cuties! :goodvibes

We were totally made for each other :hug:

You have got to be kidding. Like you, I've had to correct DD in the past, but this is just absurd. Please tell me it got better.

Nice that you got to see them together. That was a highlight for DD in Alaska.

Glad you're back :goodvibes

And no, it only got worse :worried:

Kira was happy to see them :D

Sad that the food didn't seem to get any better on the cruise. But you just know I liked Rob's plate pics better than your's. All those veggies would send me straight to heaven!! Meat, not so much. LOL

I'm so happy that Kira liked the zip lining. The end of the ride looked a little jerky. I'd probably throw something out that worked ok when I got there. :guilty:

Did the ship have enough chairs on deck 4? Last year, when we went, they were pretty scarce. :sad2: When we finally found 4 empty one's we had to drag them half the length of the ship just so we could sit together.

Keep the updates coming!!! :cutie::cutie:

LOL, you and your veggies :p

It was a bit jerky coming to a stop but not as bad as it looked. ;)

There did seem to be less chairs than usual :scratchin

I thought the fireworks were better too. It was a really nice party. I worried I would be missing home since my family has a party every year (and they did on the 3rd this year), but I was totally fine and I am so glad they did the fireworks!

Awwww, I bet you missed them though ::yes::

It was a nice little party, very patriotic!

Just wondering, was that French Onion Soup Salty? If it was, it was probably your fault.
Whahahahahahaha. Just couldn't help myself. I crack myself up, sometimes. :duck::duck::duck:

I don't know, I didn't taste it but it probably was and it was totally my fault :laughing:

Ha, I just realized, Kira has "your" smile. You are both Alice's Cheshire cat.

Love it. Kate

LOL! :ccat:

Cass....fellow Canadian here....I was happy today when I saw the title of your trip report show up on the DCL forum today because I remembered all your fun trip reports from the past, especially Kira's first trip to WDW. Kira has grown into a beautiful young lady.

As someone who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis I completely understand your pain and need for rest...I am glad you have been able to enjoy your cruise at your own pace. Your pictures are amazing and Curacao looks just as beautiful as when we visited on the Disney Magic in 2005. I'm sorry that the food on your cruise has not been good but I have found over the years (I've been on 24 DCL cruises since 2004) that the food quality is going downhill. I was just on the 9 night Alaska cruise in July and the only good meal I had was when we dined in Palo on formal night.

I was pleased to see that DCL is celebrating Canada Day. I was on the Magic for Canada Day in 2015 and had made a top of Canadian flags that I wore around the ship and in port in Norway. DCL also tried to serve poutine but used shredded cheese instead of cheese curds and a version of gravy that is not like ours so it was not good. I also went to trivia and agree the questions were really hard...I didn't score very high and my American friends asked if I was really a Canadian!!!!

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us and can't wait to read the rest of your trip report...BTW...since you enjoyed your zip lining excursion, if you do one of the Alaska cruises that goes to Icy Strait Point, they have a zip line there that everyone was raving about (I went whale watching as I am not adventurous).

Hi Mickey&JoshNut, my fellow Canuck, good to see you again!

:wave2:

Oh no, that is so sad to hear about your Alaska food!!! We did Wonder over xmas and almost everything we ate was delicious! The exact opposite of the Fantasy!

It doesn't ruin the cruise but it sure lessens the experience :sad1:

HAHAHA, that sounds like our Canada Day too :teeth: exactly :p

I would love to do the 9-day Alaska but there is no way we can afford that sucker! But, if we do make it on an Alaska cruise, we will be doing the ziplining on Grouse Mountain 8-) :thumbsup2

The week before, we also thought it was weird and nice because we were the only ship in port, just about the whole time. Not too many ships cruise during hurricane season! But, we were lucky and had nice, HOT, weather the whole time.

Wasn't that weird? :rotfl:

Ugh, yes, hot o_O :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Well I guess you would think my sister and I are weird as well because we drank hot tea when we were in Jamaica in May. The wait staff thought we were weird too but I have read that hot beverages can help you cool down. :coffee: :cold:

HAHAHA well I don't drink ANY hot beverages at all, so you probably think I'm the weirdo :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Really enjoying your latest trip report - looking forward to more. Have read all your other reports and love your honesty throughout. My daughter and I are heading to your neck of the woods in May next year, after our 3rd Disney Cruise on the Wonder from San Diego to Vancouver. After a week in Vancouver we are heading over to visit my cousins in Edmonton - really looking forward to it.

Thanks for posting :goodvibes

Nice! We are about three hours' drive away from Edmonton :thumbsup2

I would love to do that SD to Vancouver cruise :worship::love:

Tortola was the one port we missed on our May sailing. They switched it out for San Juan because this was right after dry dock and the Fantasy was having some "issues." After reading your description, I am glad we missed it. I hate that kind of heat too, and knowing how hot and sticky with no wind, it was in SJ, I imagine Tortola was like that too and we had booked a jeep tour. I got quite the chuckle out of "it's three billion degrees out and he is still drinking coffee!" My dh is the same way. Doesn't matter how hot, he wants his coffee...but then he adds ice cubes to it, to cool it down! :confused3

I think it would have been much better with a little wind and some clouds :scared:

HAHAH! Ice cubes! Rob doesn't use ice cubes, he's gangsta :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Cass- I'm a little scared to try the other ships after reading your food reviews. We sailed on the Wonder to Alaska this summer and I tried to keep my expectations low going in since I am such a foodie. The food was much better than expected and I never left a meal hungry. Makes me want to sail the Wonder again.

Love the report! Thanks for sharing!

Don't worry about it, food is the one thing that is very relative. I am sure there were people on our ship who thought the food was wonderful!

And...well, we didn't go hungry ;):laughing:

I know they are still "building" up that port, but it really has too many upscale type places. We looked around and stopped at Del Sol to pick up Jeanne something, but other than that I don't think we bought a single thing there this time around.

Yeah, well they need to build it up with better stores :rotfl:

You three are just too cute for words! I am so enjoying this trip report! So sorry that the heat was getting to you and you weren't feeling well. At least you know how to handle it when it happens. We were in Tortola 10 days later and it was an overcast day so it was perfect outside. We did a beach excursion and then shopped for a bit as well. It was my first time to Tortola and, although beautiful, I wouldn't mind staying on the ship either! I could live on Deck 4. Between walking every evening after supper or just lounging...my favorite place!

Sounds like you had a great experience in Tortola :thumbsup2

I could stay on the ship in every port and be happy :goodvibes

"

Actually, when I left you, you said you would be "around here" and when I came out you were not around anywhere. I figured with the way you were feeling you needed A/C since I knew you were really struggling with the heat and I went to the shops that were really close. I tried wi-fi to text you but it really sucks and you only have 10 free minutes but it takes that long to just connect. I think in the future for ports that need any part of your party to be away but you still want to be able to talk, taking some walkie talkies would be a great idea since there isn't reliable cell or wi-fi service for texting without incurring major charges. All you need is to be able to communicate within 100m so those would do the trick.

Actually, for Castaway Cay that would have solved the problem of missing each other in December too! I think I'll pick us up some good ones for our next family trip and it'll work in the theme parks too even if the cell service is saturated.

HAHAH, I knew you'd have to say something about this :rotfl2:

Castaway was my fault, I told you to not bring your phone but that was when we were going to be together. I totally thought you would have brought it with you when you joined us :scratchin

Wow Cabanas looked busy! We always so we are going to give it a try one night and we never get a chance. Glad you had a wonderful evening with your family! I love how you guys just enjoy your togetherness!!:love: Its precious, they grow so fast.

It actually wasn't busy at all. They only use one little section so that section will fill up but it was nice and quiet :thumbsup2

I highly recommend it at least once. You get good food, good service and you can be out in less than an hour :goodvibes

I don't take any time together for granted, life is too short :grouphug:

Yes, Tortola was hot and it was like that in Oct too. I am glad Claire and I picked a water activity today. It was fantastic.
One of these days I need to try Cabana's at night.

I loved doing the trivia things....even though I wasn't very good. I think this was the day the kids won.

I'm glad you had a good excursion :goodvibes

Definitely try it at least once :thumbsup2

Bonus days are the best!!!!

They really are :love:

I was so looking forward to our stop in Tortola for the shopping. But, I don't have caviar taste (more like hot dogs) so I would pass by the expensive stores and search for the less expensive places. Sad to hear that there aren't that many. :worried:

Nice to see that you got a great picture of my house on Buck Island Island though. If I knew you were coming, I'd have bake a cake! :cake::flower:

Chuck said to tell Rob to "get his hands off those buns"! :rolleyes1:):):)

I would suggest you walk over to the straw market area, it's not that far and you don't have a cranky kid to deal with :rolleyes:

I didn't see you waving at us :P

HAHAH, he loves his buns :tiptoe:

You cracked me up with the line about Canadians being like unarmed Americans with healthcare! Love it!

Looks like you guys are having a blast...sucks that it was so hot you couldn't enjoy the ports but it looks like you found other ways to have fun!

Jill in CO

LOL, I heard it somewhere years ago and loved it, so I just had to use it :lmao:

Day 14, Part 1

Today, our last full day on the ship is Castaway Cay day!

This is my 9th Disney cruise and I have been lucky enough to never miss this stop. Our very first time on a Disney cruise, back in January 2002, we even ended the string of bad luck that ships were having as no ship was able to dock for like 6 or 7 times in a row at Castaway Cay. Back then, only a handful of people actually lived on the island and they took turns staying on CC so everyone cheered as we docked that day in 2002.

Last year, on the Magic, we even docked overnight due to the winds that would be coming in the morning, during normal docking times. It ended up being too windy to enjoy the island as everything was closed, the water, the beaches, all of the activities, which was weird but I was totally okay with it.

I normally don't spend more than a few hours here anyway because I get too hot and Kira would rather be on the wonderfully empty ship anyways. :cloud9:

Today would be our only other excursion that I had booked, the banana boat. They used to have these yellow boats all the time but they stopped running them years ago, not sure why though? :confused3

When I saw them listed on the activity list online, I figured it would be a fun thing to do with Kira. She loves tubing so this would be right up her alley.

We had it booked for 10:30am so we figured we could take our time, grab some breakfast and walk over to the boat beach.

Hello Castaway Cay!

945.jpg

This was the only time we didn't have the better view while docked.

Up to Cabanas again...

946.jpg

We got slathered in sunscreen and then off the ship to grab some towels.

947.jpg

I may or may not have gotten part of that "loud" family in my pic :cool:

Stopped for some obligatory pics :rolleyes:

948.jpg

949.jpg

950.jpg

And then we walked over to the boat beach since it was pretty close.

951.jpg

952.jpg

953.jpg

954.jpg

We actually walked a little too far for the banana boats and had to go back over here...

955.jpg

956.jpg

We checked in and filled out the waivers...

957.jpg

And then we waited...

958.jpg

And waited...

959.jpg

It was very hot and we waited for at least 25 minutes, but it felt like an hour in that heat. :scared:

They said the 10am guests were late and then they had some boat issues so they were running about 30 minutes or more behind. We finally got on our banana boat and we started to have some boat issues too it seemed.

But the issues were fixed quickly and we were off!

We were with a dad and his two older kids. I think technically the boat sits 12 but you would be so cramped if you had 12! The handles you hold onto would be under the next person's butt so I am glad they only booked 6 people per boat. :teeth:

The dad was told that he should leave his sunglasses on the beach or he might lose them. There was no way I was going to not wear sunglasses! :cool:

I knew the water would spray into my eyes and while the sunglasses helped tremendously, the only actual smart one on the boat was Kira because she had goggles. :smooth:

You really need goggles for this excursion. ::yes::

I got some water in my eyes and then my sunscreen got into my eyes and they were burning.

You really go quite fast most of the time and Kira bounced right out of her seat into the middle a few times. I helped her get back up but it was hard. She was getting some major air time because she was so light :laughing:

She ended up loving it!

We went all the way past the end of the adult beach and then we turned back around.

If I had goggles on, I would have thought it was a little short but because my eyes were hurting and my hands were a little sore from holding on so tight (I have weak joints) I was happy to be going back when we were!

The family regretted not wearing glasses and ours never moved from our face.

It was fun and I am glad we went but I don't need to do it again. :rolleyes:

Here is the group after us, you can see blue and yellow banana boat...

960.jpg

Thankfully there was cold refreshing water there, just another wonderfully awesome thing about Castaway Cay, never far from cold, free water :thumbsup2

:drinking:

After drinking about three gallons of it, we walked to the first beach area.

961.jpg

963.jpg

And..... did some shopping :rolleyes2

962.jpg

Rob and I got a shirt each and Kira got some Stitch pins.

964.jpg

We finally spotted a lizard and he wasn't tiny like most of the ones we normally see.

965.jpg

We were about to head over to Pelican Point to do the slides but as we passed by Cookies, Rob smelled the food and said he wanted to eat.

o_O

Seriously?

I feel like we just ate :scratchin

Oooookayyyyy. :laughing:

We checked all of the ice cream machines to see if they still had the pineapple ice cream they had over Christmas that Rob had missed out on but they didn't have any :sad1:

Rob got a plate and we got a spot to...watch him eat. :p

Actually, I had a bite of his hot dog and it was actually good! Kira and I had some hot dogs last visit and they were so terrible we couldn't eat more than a bite :crazy2:

966.jpg

Rob asked Kira if she could go grab a plate of fruit for him and she happily obliged. She liked doing things on her own. :teeth:

Rob and I laughed when she brought this back for him, each fruit had it's own little plate :rotfl2:

967.jpg

We knew Rob would be forever since he had to eat and then brush his teeth so Kira and I headed out for Pelican Plunge.

Rob finished up and found us waiting in line. We had waited about 20 minutes already and weren't to the top yet.

968.jpg

He took some pics of us...

969.jpg

970.jpg

Here comes Kira!

971.jpg

I swam out a bit and waited for Kira.

For those of you worried about these slides, it's not a far swim to the slides. All except the last 20 feet or so is shallow so there's really not much swimming involved.

972.jpg

973.jpg

Rob and I switched places and I took our beach bag and they went back for a turn.

974.jpg

Here comes Kira again...

975.jpg

Love her face here! :lmao:

976.jpg

After that we went over to the beach and Rob and Kira played in the water together for a short while.

I was way too hot and stayed in the shade mostly. I ended up chatting with a lovely lady from Dallas (I think?) who kindly shared one of her chairs that was completely in the shade when she saw me struggling to stay in the tiny bit of shade that I had in my chair.

977.jpg

978.jpg

979.jpg

At my picture limit.

it was awful. The deck ones were the worst for sure. I heard from someone that they didn't have the carbonation set up right. I didn't have that issue with it in Oct. so they must have messed something totally up.
Hi Cass! I came looking to read about Alaskan cruises and have been reading yours instead! I can't believe how grown up Kira is!

I thought the Diet Coke tasted weird too on the Fantasy. I wondered if it was the water they used or something?

Anyway, nice to see you guys here.

Love that last pic! That is so sweet.
HAHAH! Ice cubes! Rob doesn't use ice cubes, he's gangsta :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Yep, Rob is gangsta if he can take it without ice cubes. I always ask dh why he doesn't just order iced coffee, he thinks that is gross.:lmao::sad2: I am thinking though that he and Rob would go toe to toe in an eating contest!:rotfl2:

I love that last picture of Rob and Kira! Definitely frame worthy! I cannot believe your cruise is coming to an end soon! You NEED to go on another one so you can write another trip report. I actually remember reading trip reports from different places you experienced when you used your web page blog. Do you guys still travel elsewhere? Having children definitely changes that though. My 13 year old has loved Vegas since she was like 6 so we still experience Las Vegas. I believe that was one place you and Rob enjoyed traveling to as well.

I love Castaway Cay! One more year before I'm back there!

Jill in CO

947.jpg

I may or may not have gotten part of that "loud" family in my pic :cool:

Can anyone say anorexia??????

You guys must have been so close to us...yet so far. We had a good area set up in some shade, but we spent most of the day in the water just floating around. I had wondered if you guys got off the ship at one point since I never saw you or ran into you.

I love that last picture of Rob and Kira! Definitely frame worthy! I cannot believe your cruise is coming to an end soon! You NEED to go on another one so you can write another trip report. I actually remember reading trip reports from different places you experienced when you used your web page blog. Do you guys still travel elsewhere? Having children definitely changes that though. My 13 year old has loved Vegas since she was like 6 so we still experience Las Vegas. I believe that was one place you and Rob enjoyed traveling to as well.
With Cass' Lupus, we don't travel as often as we'd like by car. Next year is our 20th anniversary so I am pretty sure we'll be going somewhere special sometime in the year to celebrate. Love Vegas, we got married there!

Day 14, Part 2

They didn't spend much time in the water, Kira was ready to get back on the ship and enjoy some pool time.

She was laughing about what her feet looked like :rotfl2:

980.jpg

We walked over and caught the tram back.

981.jpg

982.jpg

Yes, yes you will ::yes::

983.jpg

One last shot of our beautiful ship...

984.jpg

I think we got ice cream together and then I got this and went back to the room to cool off.

985.jpg

Rob wasn't hungry yet (wonder why? :scratchin) and Kira wasn't either but she wanted to see Mickey one last time. She had gone to Pluto's Pyjama Party the other night and she got the pillow case and now she wanted to get some signatures on it.

986.jpg

987.jpg

Then they went to the Club to return her bracelet and she met another... Kyra with a "Y", which is how my sister thought I should spell Kira's name back in 2006 :laughing:

988.jpg

Then it was time for the pool! If I wasn't busy packing up, I would have joined her because it's always shady at the pool for a good part of the day at CC.

989.jpg

She loved it, there were hardly any kids in there and she hung out and watched the movie. She also took many turns on Aquaduck since it wasn't windy and she could ride alone :woohoo:

990.jpg

Her goal this cruise was to beat her old record from 2013 of 21 trips on the AD. She had no problem attaining her goal :laughing:

991.jpg

Then it was time for lunch for Kira. She said she just wanted some fries..

992.jpg

And Rob apparently needed a third lunch with some blazing hot coffee :rolleyes1 :lmao:

993.jpg

And back in the pool :laughing:

994.jpg

I was still packing us all up so they got some more signatures for her pillow case.

995.jpg

996.jpg

Then it was time to watch Spiderman: Homecoming.

It was an amazing movie, we all loved it and we were so glad we got to see it on the ship, such a great memory for us as huge movie lovers :woohoo:

I'm not sure why but I headed to the room by myself. I can't remember where Rob and Kira went but when I peeked out the window, I saw that it was pouring rain and there was a gorgeous rainbow!! :love:

997.jpg

998.jpg

I think I went to meet them on deck 4 to watch us sail away from CC.

Kira left, I think she wanted to play one last game of MidShip detective agency?

Rob and I enjoyed the view from both sides of deck 4.

999.jpg

This, by the way, is photo #1000 in this trip report :eek:

Officially, the most photos I have ever used in a trip report! :rotfl2:

1000.jpg

And as we were leaving, there was a beautiful double rainbow! :cloud9:

1001.jpg

I took many pics, it was just so gorgeous!

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

The sun was getting ready to set too.

1005.jpg

Time for more ice cream, I guess :rolleyes2

1006.jpg

We chilled on the balcony a bit before they went back up to the pool together.

1007.jpg

I grabbed my last meal of the cruise. :sad1::sad:

1008.jpg

Man, what am I going to do without my daily chicken strips???

:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I watched the sun set and then I went to join my family on the pool deck for one last hurrah.

1009.jpg

A DOUBLE Rainbow too yet! Just gorgeous! :rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter