Cast Member wants a response!!!

lnd2155

Cast Member
I am a cast member and I book reservations for dining. I have been reading your posts, and just to let you all know that the cast members love helping all our guests make all their dreams come true. We DO love it when we find CRT for our guests who have been trying for weeks to get it, or Le Cellier for the couples who want a night out alone. I would love to hear from anyone about any special dreams we were able to make come true with our extra bags of pixie dust. Please Share!!!

I am a cast member and I book reservations for dining. I have been reading your posts, and just to let you all know that the cast members love helping all our guests make all their dreams come true. We DO love it when we find CRT for our guests who have been trying for weeks to get it, or Le Cellier for the couples who want a night out alone. I would love to hear from anyone about any special dreams we were able to make come true with our extra bags of pixie dust. Please Share!!!

Thank you for sharing that with us!
I've always had great CM's on the phone when making/changing/canceling/re-booking ADR's. I'm sure the people you deal with are not so wonderful all of the time, but I've never been able to tell.
Just yesterday I called to make ADR's for what I consider a last minute trip - less than 2 months away. The wonderful woman on the phone (Catalina) was able to find me a much coveted 8:05am Crystal Palace reservation, a few other character meals for my 4 year old, as well as a Fantasmic package at BD. We were on the phone for a while, but she honestly seemed as happy as I was when she found what I requested.

Hi, there!!

We took our first trip to Disney in December 2007. This was my first time calling Disney Dining for reservations and I had a wonderful CM that so patiently explained everything to me. :goodvibes I must've been on the phone with her an hour and she was really trying to make us an itinerary that really would work for us!! She recommended restaurants and explained the themes in the ones she suggested.

She was so special to me and I wish I could've sent her a note personally to thank her. She noted our engagement on all of our reservations and we had the most memorable meals, all thanks to her. She really went above and beyond to make our celebration special. :goodvibes It was such a magical start for us! :wizard:

What has started out as a tradition now.....

back in 2005 we desperately wanted the Chef's Table at V&A for Easter Sunday dinner.

Well, I called as soon as 6 months rolled around, but alas the Chef's Table was not available.

I kept calling once a month getting the same response, until finally, the week before we were to leave, I called and pixie dust was flying as the Chef's Table came up as available for Easter Sunday.

What a wonderful trip that was and the start of many friendships with people who work for the Mouse, and dinner at the Chef's Table on Easter Sunday has now become a tradition for us.

No special memories here but you and your coworkers have been helping us get the reservations we would like for many years. Friendly, helpful, and efficient....WDW sets the gold standard for phone service. Keep up the great work!

in 2000 my DH and i took our first trip to disney, and managed to get breakfast at CRT!

and when we were seated, it was the center table for two overlooking the carousel - magical!!

we were just so happy someone answered the phone to take our reservation and snagged a coveted CRT breakfast ressie!!!

thanks for that miracle!!

You and your co-workers helped to plan an awesome birthday dinner at WCC for my sisters 50th last year. Everything was flawless right down to the wonderful cake and making her do the hokey pokey in front of everyone. Thanks for all you do to make our trips special:thumbsup2

I just booked on March 16, for our upcoming Sept trip and my CM was AMAZING!!!!!! We were on the phone for an hour, this being our 2nd trip, she told me all kinds of things helping me plan our meals around certain parks, and activities. I am so grateful for her, my trip will be exactly what we want. I think you guys do a WONDERFUL job. :thumbsup2

I am taking my dd to the world in July for her 13th birthday which is a big one to her. I was talking to the CM making dining arrangements and she was wonderful - wish I'd written her name down. She marked birthday on all of our reservations - just in case the restaurant does a special treat. She also suggested a couple of restaurants I really hadn't thought of even in all of our times of visiting.

The best of all was when she asked what we were doing to celebrate dd's birthday on the actual day. I mentioned that I had looked at some tours but really couldn't find anything special yet. She suggested doing the surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon. I know my dd will love this and be so excited - she loves both surfing and Typhoon Lagoon.

It is wonderful that the CM's take the time to listen to the customer instead of just looking for the reservation and doing the booking. It makes it so much more special for us. Thanks so much for what you do! :cloud9: :cloud9:

It is wonderful that the CM's take the time to listen to the customer instead of just looking for the reservation and doing the booking. It makes it so much more special for us. Thanks so much for what you do! :cloud9: :cloud9:

Exactly!! That's what made it so magical for us! They looked at us as an actual couple visiting, not just another person making reservations. :goodvibes

That's so great for your DD I'm sure she'll have a blast!

Here's mine.

Last year I booked my first ever trip to WDW only two weeks prior to leaving, and it was during Spring Break. I still don't know what I was thinking, but it worked out wonderfully. I must have sounded a little anxious when I called for reservations because an incredible CM talked with me for over an hour about WDW in general. Oh yeah, she helped me make a few ADRs as well. I remember thinking that if half of the workers there are as nice as she is no wonder it is a magical place.

We also ended up with a lot of great reservations, including LeCellier and the princess meal at Norway. We could have done CRT for dinner, but I was willing to wait for the full princess experience during a future trip.

We went in 06 for our DD's 3rd Birthday and I tried and tried and tried to get reservations for lunch ANY of the 4 days we were there. I tried every day for a month and struck out, even the morning of.

When we arrived at the MK on our first day (after getting the birthday button,) I hurried up to the Castle to check on lunch cancellations. They said there were none so I was ready to give up. We had dinner reservations at Tony's for her official birthday dinner, but I really wanted to surprise her.

As a 'I'll try one more time,' I headed back over to the castle while the rest of the family was riding small world. The hostess was the same lady that was there at breakfast and she smiled when I came back up. I explained the story again and she said for me to hold on. She came back a couple of minutes later and told me that if I could get my party here in about 5 minutes, they could fit us in.

I was excited, RAN to small world just as my family was exiting. I grabbed them and told them I had a surprise, but we had to run. We ran (Meme couldn't really run, being old and all :rotfl2: ) but we made it just in time to walk right in!

I nearly hugged the hostess and told her thank you about a million times as we waiting in line for the picture with Cinderella.

It was an amazing experience and it was because of a caring Cast Member.

We had our first visit last year and I was very nervous rining Disney, it just didn't seem real. I had never phoned overseas before and was trembling like a leaf as I wrote down all my reservation numbers. Just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful work you Disney staff do. I wrote a thank you note to our hotel when we got home and had a member of staff ring me back to say thank you for the thank you! Unfortunately I was at work and my DH had to take the call.

It has always been DH's dream to eat at CRT. Needless to say, with a family of 6, it's even more difficult.(We've been trying for 4 years!) Well, I had the greatest CM who was able to get CRT for us for Father's Day!:banana: The only problem now is that we have to keep pushing our trip back because of the kids' snow days. DH said he's going no matter where we are on Father's Day!

I don't have any special memories per say, but I did have a wonderful CM on the phone this morning, that was able to book everything I wanted, and I was able to get my breakfast at CRT ADR, so I was very happy about that.

I have one experience I'd like to share. I had called to cancel a Le Cellier reservation (I know WHAT?!). The CM had asked me several times if I was sure and when I told her yes, she said that she would only cancel it for me after I was able to get another reservation. But we had to change the dates so that we took a few days off the beginning (which had the Le Cellier reservation) and add those days to the end. I was able to get the other reservations at the end but was not able to get a Le Cellier. She was on the phone with me for over an hour, she said that she would do everything she can to get me a reservation there. Luckily, a reservation came up during our conversation and she grabbed it. She then proceeded to cancel my old Le Cellier and she said that as soon as she cancelled it, she said another CM yelped out and he was excited about it as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that it is also nice to have the CM's happy and excited about making your reservation complete and that you're happy. It shows they care.

I would say that of all the CM's I have spoken to, more than half have been wonderful. I thank them all the time. I hope they understand how much we appreciate their help. I remember my first time, it was very overwhelming and it's great to see them help whether it's your first or hundredth time.

These are so awesome to read. We really do enjoy what we do!! Please keep them coming!!!

On our honeymoon we tried to get reservations for Cinderellas Royal Table, but it was fully booked. Last year was our 2nd anniversary and we had booked a trip back to WDW. My DH called several times trying to get reservations for CRT, the last call he spoke to a really helpful lady ~(didn't get her name) who was fantastic at finding and reserving us a table on our actual anniversary. When we arrived our table was near the stained glass windows and was covered in castle and horse and carriage confetti bits. The service and food was great and at the end we got given two champagne wine glasses with CRT engraved on them. It was definatley a day we will never forget!

This is the second time we have used dining reservations and each CM has been very helpful.

Thanks for everything!!

Welcome to the Dis, lnd2155! :welcome: We are glad you found us.

Its nice to hear from someone on the other side of the table, so to speak. ;)

When I was planning ADR's for my 2005 trip, I wasn't quite sure how to get to Boma for a breakfast ADR since it was before the AK park opening time. My CM was SO knowledgable about the transportation and I was VERY impressed. So thank you for not only knowing how to schedule an ADR but knowing how to coach guests about getting around was a nice surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter