• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cast Member wants a response!!!

Re: Steve's 30th anniversary...See. There really is such thing as fairy godmothers and pixie dust!!!

You guys are the best at dining. Not only did I have a great CM suggest Jiko 6 years ago (now our favorite restaurant), I've had one get me into Spoodles on a night when we were hungry and our plans were up in the air. The best though was the one that worked patiently with me for over an hour to fix all our ADRs less than a month before our trip as we had to postpone it for 3 days when DH's grandmother passed away.

I made ADR's for the first time about a month ago and had a lovely woman on the phone with me that was so helpful and was one of those CM's that makes Disney Disney. She obviously loves WDW as much as we do and seemed genuinely happy to be talking with me, I felt like a I'd made a new friend and I'm embarrassed that I forgot her name. Sorry if we made anyone wait longer on hold because we just had a great conversation.

:hourglass Remeber to: when you call us, we are on the line with only you our guest. We WANT to make disney magic for you. If that takes 5 minutes or an hour. I have personally been on the phone with guests for 90 minutes, booked all her ADR's and have felt as accomplished as she did.

We had booked a breakfast in Epcot with the Princess' my youngest DD was so excited!!! It was Christmas time so booking were hard to find. We had it all booked and the day of the breakfast DS had to go by ambulance to Celebration Hospital ( we have been there many, many times...not fun at all!) We missed our breakfast and we missed a day in the parks. DD was very very sad. I picked up the phone in the hotel and called DD just for the heck of it and the wonderful CM took about 1/2 hour to find us a table (There were 7 of us) for a breakfast the next day!! It was so wonderful!!! I was thrilled and the breakfast was wonderful. DS is a special needs child and I was so happy with the time that Cinderella, Belle and Snow White spent with him as well as little DD. It is one of my favorite memories in the parks. If the wonderful CM had not taken the time to arrange it we would have missed out!! Thank you!!

I think for me it was the Cm who offered my Dh CRT. He was calling on a Sunday morning to book Chef Mickeys or some such place and CM asked him if he was sure he didn't want CRT, Dh's reply was yes wouldn't everyone, the Cm said I have opening at 8:10 and some other later time. my Dh was in shocked to point he woke me up to share news. It made the trip for both of us and

This is the first trip to Disney that I've booked, and I let the CM at Dining know that when I called to book. She was excellent in advising me on times so that we would have plenty of time to get to Fantasmic, etc. She was very patient with me, and acted like she wouldn't have minded if I stayed on the phone all day, asking questions or whatever. Wonderful experience!

:tink: I wish I knew if I booked ya'lls ressies. I have such awesome guests who call me. I have quite a few that stand out!! If you all remember who you had please let me know and I can pass the shout out to them!!! P.S. FYI if CRT is something that you would like to try and book, always ask. I have so many guests who are embarrassed to ask because they think it is too short of notice, but I have a big bag of Pixie Dust pixiedust: at my desk that I use often. In fact I was able to book a CRT just last night to a guest who didn't think they could get a dinner with her in June!!!

Thank you for sharing that with us!
I've always had great CM's on the phone when making/changing/canceling/re-booking ADR's. I'm sure the people you deal with are not so wonderful all of the time, but I've never been able to tell.
Just yesterday I called to make ADR's for what I consider a last minute trip - less than 2 months away. The wonderful woman on the phone (Catalina) was able to find me a much coveted 8:05am Crystal Palace reservation, a few other character meals for my 4 year old, as well as a Fantasmic package at BD. We were on the phone for a while, but she honestly seemed as happy as I was when she found what I requested.

Catalina is awesome!! I hope someone sees this so she may be recognized, she helped us also, and she was very nice, accomodating, and helpful!!! She is probably the best CM I have ever talked with when I call to make ressies and ADRs.

:wizard: I will try and find the CM and let her know. We all have different shifts but I will try and find her. I promise!!

I have a question for you please.

We are coming to Disney for our only 2nd ever family trip. We will be there the second week in July. Anyway, it will be my 3 yo's and husband's birthdays that week. I have made all ADR's except one. The nice CM who made our reservations put that it was my little one's birthday. Does that mean if the restaurant has a birthday dessert they will bring it without us telling them? If this is the case, maybe we shouldn't worry about ordering specialty cakes that week?

Thank you for any help you can give me!

My husband and I stayed at BC in Oct 08 and we had dinner at the Yachtsmans Steakhouse. We brought our twin daughters with us to dinner and they ate their pasta so fast and were ready to leave the restaurant before we had even gotten our dinner. Anyway - they are only 1 so they don't want to be in a high chair for more than 20 minutes. Our wonderful weitress took one of our DDs and walked her around with her while we ate. It was so sweet of her. She brought her around to the tables taking orders with our little one in her arms and this kept her quiet so we could finish. We we so thankful!

This made out dinner date memorable!

I have a question for you please.

We are coming to Disney for our only 2nd ever family trip. We will be there the second week in July. Anyway, it will be my 3 yo's and husband's birthdays that week. I have made all ADR's except one. The nice CM who made our reservations put that it was my little one's birthday. Does that mean if the restaurant has a birthday dessert they will bring it without us telling them? If this is the case, maybe we shouldn't worry about ordering specialty cakes that week?

Thank you for any help you can give me!
It depends on the restaurant. Some locations do special birthday parades, some offer cakes at the podium so it really depends on the location. Let me know which restaurant and I will let you know!!

My husband and I stayed at BC in Oct 08 and we had dinner at the Yachtsmans Steakhouse. We brought our twin daughters with us to dinner and they ate their pasta so fast and were ready to leave the restaurant before we had even gotten our dinner. Anyway - they are only 1 so they don't want to be in a high chair for more than 20 minutes. Our wonderful weitress took one of our DDs and walked her around with her while we ate. It was so sweet of her. She brought her around to the tables taking orders with our little one in her arms and this kept her quiet so we could finish. We we so thankful!

This made out dinner date memorable!
Before I was a cast member my husband and I took our 2 little girls over to WDW and when we were having our character breakfast our then 8 mth old started getting fidgetty but we also had a then 7 yr old who wanted time with Winnie the Pooh. Our waitress also took our littlest one around with her and let my oldest have her time!!

Thanks for your quick reply!

We have lunch ADR for CRT
dinner ADR for Boma
lunch ADR for SciFi

We are trying to decide for my husband's actual bday dinner. Maybe you(and anyone else on here) can give me your input. We are deciding between Coral Reef vs. Chefs de France vs. Teppan Edo. Thanks!

I will always appreciate the CM who booked me a perfect ADR at California Grill. We watched Wishes while eating dessert at one of the best tables in the house.

:tink: I wish I knew if I booked ya'lls ressies. I have such awesome guests who call me. I have quite a few that stand out!! If you all remember who you had please let me know and I can pass the shout out to them!!! P.S. FYI if CRT is something that you would like to try and book, always ask. I have so many guests who are embarrassed to ask because they think it is too short of notice, but I have a big bag of Pixie Dust pixiedust: at my desk that I use often. In fact I was able to book a CRT just last night to a guest who didn't think they could get a dinner with her in June!!!

I really really need a friend like you. :thumbsup2

Thanks for your quick reply!

We have lunch ADR for CRT
dinner ADR for Boma
lunch ADR for SciFi

We are trying to decide for my husband's actual bday dinner. Maybe you(and anyone else on here) can give me your input. We are deciding between Coral Reef vs. Chefs de France vs. Teppan Edo. Thanks!
Boma & Sci Fi not sure about, but definately CRT. Also let you hostess know once again at the podium about the bdays. You can also request a nonpersonalized cake at each location at the podium too!! When you go to the MK, check in at City Hall and let them know it is someone's bday so they can get their bday pin to wear. Hopes this helps!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter