Cast Member wants a response!!!

I guess I feel like I've been dusted when I get someone on the phone who really helps me. I've called and tried to get something, but not available. I had one CM who made several suggestions and we ended up with one. Was a great restaurant that I know we wouldn't have tried without her telling me about it. It came across that this was more than a job, that she was providing a true service - and I mean that in the highest way possible. Obviously shows pride in her work. You guys are great!! pixiedust:

We went in '06 and it was a belated honeymoon..(7 years late:lmao: )..and my DH's first time to the world ever!!! I wanted to get ADR's for CRT and was very lucky when we got the perfect time. The CM asked if it was anything special and i explained that it was a belated honeymoon and our anniversary. When we got there I almost cried. We were seated in front of the stain glass window with mickey head and heart confetti. We were given glass souvinears and when the godmother came out and asked if anyone was celebrating an anniversary I raised my hand. She came over to us and asked how long and we said 6 years. She said we were too young and asked everyone if they agreed which they all did and she stood by us when she sang the anniversary song. It was the best meal my husband ever had and we have to go back every time we enter the world. Thank you CM's for all that you do to make our trip worth every penny.:love: :love: :love:

(Does anyone else tear up when they read others magical moments?? I DO!!!)

I have a mix of reviews. The first 2 were perfect, but the 3rd wasn't. I had booked the CP because I wanted to surprise my granddaughter and I doubled checked the info before I hung up. This was way before I knew about this awesome site. Well, We arrived at the CP and low and behold..NO reservation there...but, there was one for us at the Castle..I took it, and yes, it cost me serveral more dollars and my granddaughter isn't into Princesses....I should have cancelled and just had breakfast somewhere else...I have several reservations for this August and I am praying that they are all correct..I will call the week we leave to be sure...the CM that helped me with the ressies was so sweet, and in no hurry to get on to something else. So, I hope I will have a good report once I return home:) BUT a big thank you to all of the CM's you help make our trips magical:)

My experiences with Disney Dining CMs have all been good ... but the one time that stands out is during our December 2007 trip. This trip was special in that it would be our first (and, due to work schedules, likely last) Christmas trips to the World. After reading about the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package here on the DIS ... I knew it was a must do for our family. Trouble is, I was making ADRs at the end of September for a mid-December trip. We had our hearts set on Le Cellier, Tutto Italia, or Coral Reef ... I know, what were we thinking?:upsidedow

Even though I doubted it would work, I came up with several "plans" and called disney dining and spoke to a very nice CM. Unfortunately Plan A didn't work for any of the restaurants. Nor did plans B or C.

Then, just as I was about to give up, one more option jumped out at me ... "Let's try plan D ..." I said to the CM. He chuckled and said "Okay ... let's have it." And it worked ... 5:00PM dinner (perfect time) at Coral Reef with a CP package for the 8:15 show (the one we wanted). I don't know who was more thrilled ... the CM or me!

The dinner turned out to be the best one of our trip ... and they were all excellent. (I was also able to arrange for the scuba diver ... gotta love the DIS for info ... and that made the night extra special.) The CMs at Disney really do go above and beyond.

I just had the best experience Yesterday. I have been changing our ADR for over two months now. We book then think about it and decide we want to do something else. It got to the point that I was double booked and had lunch and a dinner 3 hours apart.
The CM I was on the phone with was wonderful. She took the time and went day by day with my reservations. Cancelled the ones I did not want and suggested places for my two year old.
The call took a long time. She was so helpful and even shared stories of her own with me.
At the end of the call we had gotten all our ADrs set and booked and spread out and everyone was happy. Even the CM seemed more excited than us! What a great experience and our vacation has not even started!

Thank you for such a wonderful job!

We were married in Disney last summer and vacationed for over a week with family before the wedding. When I called to make ressies I had a wonderful conversation with the CM. Well she must have noted it was our wedding because at certain places we were recieved with a big congratulations. At some places we got pins, certificates, character autographs...it was so awesome. At Crystal Palace they even decorated the table!

1108.jpg

I knew it was her doing- I wish I remembered her name so I could thank her. She made a special trip for us extra special with a little sprinkle of pixie dust!;)

Just being able to find ADR's for Crystal Palace, Hoop-Dee-Do, the Italian restaurant and Whispering Canyon for us was special since we'll have 9 people in our party!! :)

Have only made ADRS three times, but had fabulous service each time. I would like to point out, though, that I do all of my research first, know exactly where I want to each on which days and at approximately what time and NEVER call to reschedule. I think by doing this I also give the CMs a little pixie dust by making their job as easy as possible. I'm constantly surprised by how many people post that they change their reservations 3, 4, 5 times and then get upset when they can't get what they want. I realize plans change and things come up, but this seems to be the way some people do things and I think it's very unfair to the CMs to be put on the spot when they're trying to help. My only disappointment -- how come nobody says: "Have a Magical Day?!" anymore. Jez, I thought that was annoying, but I miss it! :rotfl:

Thanks for asking. I'd say 99% of the time CMs are really helpful with suggestions and try really hard to help out. I'm actually going to call sometime in the next two weeks for suggestions for a birthday location for two 16yos, with a cake.
However, now that you are here, would you please clear up the ADR - PS terminology for us? As I'm sure you read by the titles of the threads, a lot of people use the ADR term. Others believe that it doesn't really exist anymore. Help out out here.
Again, thanks for all you do.

I have always gotten great dining CMs. They have always been so helpful. For my trip this summer, I got all the ressies I wanted!!

ADR are advanced dining reservations. Now some of the terminology that you guys use is new to me so I am still learning. When you make a reservation it is an Advanced Reservation. It is a reservation. When you arrive at the podium your name will be on their reservation list.

:surfweb: Also, as a footnote to having to change and redue your reservations. Although it is helpful when our guests know what they want and when they want it, it is also fun to guide our guests to new places they may not be aware of. We don't mind at all changing reservations for our guests. We want for you to have an awesome vacation!!!:woohoo:

First of- thanks to all the CM's that make all of our trips to WDW so magical :)

Here is my story:

Picture it, October 06. Two hungry women without an ADR at Epcot walking towards Guest Relations to see if any resturants will take 2 souls without an ADR. First woman (me), on her cell phone calling WDW Dining while walking to GR. A wonderful CM answers the call.
( I will give you the short version of the call)
Me: " Where can I get a TS dinner in about 1 hour?"
CM: "Where are you now?"
Me: "Epcot"
CM: " Is there a resturant you would like?"
Me:"No we are just hungry"
CM: "What are your plans tonight?"
Me: " We can leave Epcot as soon as we know where are going for dinner"
CM:" Where are you staying?"
Me:"BCV"
CM:"Have you tried Cape May's Buffet?"
Me: "No. Is it good?"
CM:" Yes it is wonderful. It is a clambake with a lot of other items in case you don't like clams."
(How did you she know that I don't like clams and my sister would?)
Me:"That sounds great"
CM:" If you can get there by 800 pm you can get a table."
(It's 7 at the time of the call)
Me: "That sounds great"
Exchanging of information
CM:" Have a magical night and don't forget to try the Oreo Bonbons"
(Aren't you glad I didn't give you the long version of the story?)

That was one of the best dining experiences that we had during that trip. If it wasn't for that CM we wouldn't have tried Cape May even though it was at our resort.

We made all our ADR's for our upcoming Sept trip over the weekend and got everything we wanted. We got CRT for breakfast and the CM noted that we are celebrating my sisters's big 4-0 during our trip. Can't wait to go there!!

Thank you to all the CM's :)

for our 20th anniversary in 2003 we went on a land/sea cruise. Poly w/ balcony room onboard the boat

special rose and certificate in room at Poly. Excellent dining at PALO(by the way awesome!!!) on the cruise.....the most special to me ,DH, was the 20th anni night at Poly. I asked the head waitress early in the evening about seating for our dinner res(Ohanas). she gave us a seat at the window looking towards magic kingdom. as we finished our meal at dessert the fireworks just starts. My wife cried. it was so special. so far my MOST memorable.

i am trying to top that this June for our 25th. we are staying WL for 6nights w/ 1xtra night at POFQ.Hoping to get lucky w/ a room upgrade but i know thats a longshot.Got adr for June 18th 7:30 at ARTIST POINT. trying to figure out something special for the evening for her. Hopefully at least a decent window seat and attentive waiter would be a +. Thinking a pc of jewelry is gonna be the touch!!!! now just to get it there w/o any problems or her finding it!!! Hoping this will be very memorable w/ our youngest daughter(yes shes coming also w/ her best friend) heading to college in 1 more yr.

Im dreading 3 women/1 guy in 1 room!!!! ahhhh the mornings will be fun.......buts who cares its DISNEY. I started saving for this trip in 2003.....its almost here.....

We were a party of eleven and it was my son's 21st birthday. He wanted Cape May (had to be outside of a park because we had people coming without admission). I called and was told that the restaurant only had two tables of six and they weren't near each other. the Cast Member asked how old the children were in the party and when I said the only one was five years old, she said she could do a table for six and a table for four. For both tables, the one side would be a long continuous bench so we could seat eleven easily. It worked out perfectly for us. The tables were right next to each other and since we had a gap in between the two tables, the people on the bench could get up and down for the buffet very easily.

I have been trying to get ressies for Hoop Dee Doo (my mother says this is a must see) for April 3/08 for the past couple months. While I haven't yet been able to, I can say that I have had some wonderful CMs on the phone trying every which way, and suggesting alternate dates, etc. I really appreciate them trying! :wizard:

Thank you CM's for helping make our visits so magical.:worship:
My most recent experience with a dining reservation was mid Dec. of 2007. My DH and I had walked the parks all day. Breakfast was a blur and lunch was burger and fries. Around dinner time, we looked at each other and started thinking "Food"! What we didn't want was another burger and fries.
With no ADR's and it being dinner time, I thought we were pretty much OOG.(out of gas(luck)) Sitting in front of the teacups in Fantasy Land I dialed Disney Dining on the old cell phone an spoke to a WONDERFUL cast member who was more than happy to help. She asked where we were and what we wanted to eat. She checked several places with no avail. I said, " I know this is a stretch, but will you please try Chef Mickey's we've never eaten there." She laughed softly and when to typing....a few seconds later we had a reservation for two at Chef Mickey's!!!:woohoo:
No burgers or fries for us that night....thanks to a great Dining CM!

In 2004 it was my wife's and mine 30th anniverary. I had made an ADR at Cindy's castle for dinner that night around 6:30 pm for us. Well we arrived at the castle, checked in and waited, and waited, and waited....get the picture. I went and checked at the podium and all they could say was that they were very busy that night for some reason. Well after about a 45 minute wait after our appointed time, they finally called us. We went up and it was very much worth the wait. We had a table for two, right in the middle of the stained glassed windows! It was a very special dinner occasion first, but Disney "plused" it, and it will be something we have never forget!

I am a cast member and I book reservations for dining. I have been reading your posts, and just to let you all know that the cast members love helping all our guests make all their dreams come true. We DO love it when we find CRT for our guests who have been trying for weeks to get it, or Le Cellier for the couples who want a night out alone. I would love to hear from anyone about any special dreams we were able to make come true with our extra bags of pixie dust. Please Share!!!

breakfast at CRT christmas mornung for 2 adults and 3 kids for 8am - 9 am if at all possible to make a christmas wish come true(this year too):wizard:

:wizard: Re: Christmas at CRT, make sure you call on the 180th day until Christmas. In fact call in the morning when we open. I hope we can use our pixie dust and get it for you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter